The Portsmouth Invitational (or UConn invitational) | The Boneyard

The Portsmouth Invitational (or UConn invitational)

Reaction Score
cole playing with jimmy boeheim, nate watson, and former yalee paul atkinson lol. what a team!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Me thinks this event has lost most of its luster, no?

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Is this event for prize money? If so, does that mean Ramey is done exploring transferring as an option? Or with NIL can kids now compete in these type of events for money?

Every name on that list I recognize is graduated / out of eligibility (then again I probably only recognized 10 players off the top of my head)

Reaction Score
Is this event for prize money? If so, does that mean Ramey is done exploring transferring as an option? Or with NIL can kids now compete in these type of events for money?

Every name on that list I recognize is graduated / out of eligibility (then again I probably only recognized 10 players off the top of my head)
No prize money, the proceeds go to scholarships and local Virginia non-profits. Ramey will have to file an appeal with the NCAA to restore his eligibility though if he chooses to return to college

Reaction Score

Negative. No prize money. This event has been around for many decades. It’s simply a showcase event for guys who are borderline invitees to the draft combine and for those who could get invites to summer league rosters.

Reaction Score
Me thinks this event has lost most of its luster, no?
I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure nobody really gets drafted who goes to this event…maybe a couple late second rounders at best

Reaction Score
I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure nobody really gets drafted who goes to this event…maybe a couple late second rounders at best
Maybe 1 guy a year does well and gets invited to the real combine for the top ~75. Derrick White was a notable standout that got drafted in first round in 2017. They haven't done it the last 2 years.

Reaction Score
If anyone sees any stories on how players are doing at Portsmouth I’d appreciate u linking it here if u don’t mind. Our kid we mentored is @ Portsmouth. He’s older - but has a chance bc a freak athlete. Thanks!

Reaction Score
Negative. No prize money. This event has been around for many decades. It’s simply a showcase event for guys who are borderline invitees to the draft combine and for those who could get invites to summer league rosters.
And they have to be seniors in college.

Each year for 67 years the P.I.T has invited 64 of the best college basketball players (seniors) from across the nation to participate in a four-day, twelve game tournament in front of representatives from every NBA team.

Reaction Score
Just noticed the team name sponsors, yikes. They couldn't do better than local landscaping companies?

Reaction Score
Just noticed the team name sponsors, yikes. They couldn't do better than local landscaping companies?

If I’m not mistaken, Portsmouth isn’t televised. No cable.. streaming on some pay platform that won’t draw a big enough audience to justify sponsorship spending. No mainstream brand would pay to sponsor a sports property without a meaningful media platform, played in a high school-level gym.

Reaction Score
They had 22 TO as a team, it's tough to get thrown together. But yeah, didn't shoot well.

In current game, Martin just hit another 3. 3/4 for the game with a couple assists and 7 rebs to lead everybody.
Martin is a stud and has a legit shot to stick w a team. I’d be disappointed if he isn’t selected in the second round.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
let's see if i got this right.
some here think this noble event is not too closely connected to the business of basketball, and the participants won't be able to elevate their prospects in the business of basketball.
yet,
the tweet starts out 'packed gym of nba executives...'
okeydokey, one of these things is not like the other.

and as far as landscapers, the only 4 seasons connected to them is the hotels they stay at, cuz some of them make more than you, and the companies youse work for. i got a pal, 15 crews working for him, around late 20s/30s, .... u'd be surprised at how many customers don't do it by 'subscription' payment, and instead, at the still regularly scheduled visit, pay in cash. kind of amazing, actually.

Reactions: DCT

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom