The play you first think about by player... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The play you first think about by player...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I had one but you are right. Not really a significant play, just a sick dunk.

You know, Rudy had a collection of terrific dunks, etc - 360, head flying above the rim an oop, a dunk in traffic against a cupcake, cradle dunk vs Cuse in BET, etc. I even created a video on his dunks that's still on youtube. But, for me it was a play that is not in the video. When he was a freshman and Indiana came to Hartford, there was a play when Rudy came out of nowhere to follow someone else's missed shot with a one hand stuff dunk that brought the house down.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Shabazz's 2 consecutive steals vs. West Virginia in the 2012 BET that solidified the comeback. Wasn't really a career defining moment, but that's when I knew Shabazz was going to be great.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
KEA: the last two points he scored v. Duke

Cup Cormier (yes, Cup): that stoopid hesitation move as he began a drive to the hoop.

Dove: those beautiful intercepts of passes in the lanes

Thabeet: at the Dome down low when a Cuse big gets ball, turns and sees monster Thabeet, pisses a little, passes out to a guard.

Doron: long darts to a breaking Donny

Eddie Williams: mmm, I got nothin'

Reaction Score
Chris Smith pulling in the hottest chick of my dorm. Which was probably the hottest chick on campus.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Some others include
Okwandu - steal and dunk as the first play of the game
Armstrong - Blocking an attempted 3 by a Quinnipiac player before it could get 2 inches above his hand
Thabeet - Pass to Jim Calhoun during his freshman year
Beverly - The steal and slam in 2 consecutive games. Didn't know he could get up that high.
Rudy Johnson putting up 26 points extremely quickly before twisting and ankle and missing the rest of the game
Boone - That weird hand-check thing he did that somehow improved his FT shooting
Napier/Walker - Everything

Reaction Score
The Roscoe Smith heave still makes me laugh when I think of it.
Tate George fumbling the ball out of bounds against Duke instead of just smacking it down court and letting the clock run out.

I still have nightmares of me screaming at Tate bat the ball we don't need a steal That was 24 years ago and it still hurts. But people that didn't experienced that low truly miss the beauty of our redemption within the decade.
For youngsters that set up Christian Laettner's final shot to send them to the final 4

Ollie letting Toby Bailey get behind him on the break over and over
Kemba splitting the double team against Texas and then launching a scoop shot....from 25 feet out and hitting it.
Henefeld waiting for a free throw and ignoring Mourning's anti-semitic trash talk and proving it on the floor.
Robertson's Tomahawk is still one of the best dunk's I have ever seen.
Saunders stuffing Elton Brand in the Championship game, getting called for the foul despite getting all ball, and staring down Brand who couldn't even look at Saunders because both players knew Saunders got all ball.
Denham's 3 in Maui.
Okafor scooping a loose ball up off the floor and putting it in with about 2 minutes left to keep us in the game against Duke in 2004.
Freeman fighting through the taller Gonzaga frontcourt in 1999. It felt like he got blocked 5 times in that game, but the boxscore only had 2 I believe.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
ga
Scott Burrell Jumping over a player on an upfake, on the way back down on the other side stealing the ball.

That was about the most athletic thing I ever saw! It was like a standing leap frog over a standing, tall man.

I gotta throw in Chris Smith's 3 to tie the game against Duke and put it into overtime.

Ollie's 3 second drive across the entire court to win the game (Against? Pitt?)

Donyell missing 2 free throws with time expired and the score tied vs Florida. (All the great games he had and this sad moment is stuck in my head)

Reaction Score
Jamal Coombs-McDaniel- Rebound vs. Pitt
Gavin Edwards- Forget which game, but he tried to throw down a reverse ally-oop that would've brought the house down
Stanley Robinson- "SIXTEEN BIG EAST CHAMPIONSHIPS"
Scottie Haralson- Always jacking a three in the last 30 seconds of a game

Reaction Score
Tate George - Not "The Shot" but the next game………Bobby Hurley's pass which Tate had in his hands but bobbled OOB's. What happened right after is easily forgotten, but the look on Tate wishing he had that opportunity back as he could dance to the FF was very memorable.

Reaction Score
ga

That was about the most athletic thing I ever saw! It was like a standing leap frog over a standing, tall man.

I gotta throw in Chris Smith's 3 to tie the game against Duke and put it into overtime.

Ollie's 3 second drive across the entire court to win the game (Against? Pitt?)

Donyell missing 2 free throws with time expired and the score tied vs Florida. (All the great games he had and this sad moment is stuck in my head)

KO vs Providence I was there………

Reaction Score
How about Murray Williams coast to coast at the buzzer for a win.

Reaction Score
what about scottie burrell's block of shaq at lsu that practically landed at midcourt?

Reaction Score
So many good one's mentioned so I do not want to repeat…….

How about the 3 FT's for Boat in his first game with no time on the clock down 3?

Excellent pick! I shudder to think what happens to that 2012 team if we lose to Florida State. Probably a listless December (in addition to that already listless January and February) and an NIT appearance in March.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I agree about Bazz's rebound/putback/help up Kromah and speed back on D sequence last night. Everything you need to know about Bazz in 3 seconds.

Actually, it turns out it's 5 seconds.
bazzmagic.gif

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Chad Wise: Banging the three that pushed UConn over 100 against New Hampshire.

Reaction Score
So many good one's mentioned so I do not want to repeat…….

How about the 3 FT's for Boat in his first game with no time on the clock down 3?

My favorite Boat moment was then he rolled his ankle to shreds against MSU last year and then came back and hit the dagger three minutes later.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Actually, it turns out it's 5 seconds.
bazzmagic.gif
Most amazing part of that video is that he is already running to pick him up before the shot even finishes going down.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I forgot another great Donnell Beverly moment. In the Big East Tournament in 2011, he was trailing (I think) Preston Knowles and inadvertently made contact with him when running by, spinning him in the opposite direction as he tried to dunk. Something about the way the guy calling the game screaming, "He spun him around!" was quite memorable.

Reaction Score
Nadav: Taking verbal garbage (and supposedly anti-Semetic) from Alonzo Mourning only to score 21 points and 2 second half 3's vs Georgetown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom