The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2023 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2023

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Here is why Yankee fans are cranky....they saw a team that couldn't compete offensively in the playoffs last year...then they saw a GM do nothing about it. And now that team is headed to another disappointing year. This season isn't a surprise...it's going exactly as predicted... and that makes fans cranky.

But Hal signed Cashman to another 4 year contract.

Hal and company are satisfied with just making the playoffs. Winning it all is not in the equation.

Reaction Score
Ask the Mariners. 10 thru 4 innings.
Haha right can the Yankees score 10 runs in a week. My reaction was sarcasm to the Yankees winning the prior 2 games with 3 and 4 runs which seems to be a high water mark for them. All of the runs may have been all via the hr btw.

Your not gonna complain when the hrs come and your winning but it’s just not a consistent formula for sucess as we have all found out.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Since we are all in a somewhat cranky mood....I really hope the Judge toe issue doesn't linger forever and isn't a recurring thing. Big guys with feet problems is a bad combo.

My biggest fear in giving Judge the huge contract is his first few years of the contract are injury riddled. We know the last 4-5 years of his contract he will be wildy overpaid and a burden on the payroll (see Stanton). But I was hoping we could get a few years of 140-150 games a year. This is a bad start.

I just looked it up...Judge has already missed 25 games this year. Sigh.

Reaction Score
Since we are all in a somewhat cranky mood....I really hope the Judge toe issue doesn't linger forever and isn't a recurring thing. Big guys with feet problems is a bad combo.

My biggest fear in giving Judge the huge contract is his first few years of the contract are injury riddled. We know the last 4-5 years of his contract he will be wildy overpaid and a burden on the payroll (see Stanton). But I was hoping we could get a few years of 140-150 games a year. This is a bad start.

I just looked it up...Judge has already missed 25 games this year. Sigh.
I don’t want Judge coming back this year, he carried the team last year and I want Cashman and Hal’s plan being fully exploited with empty seats and lost revenue.

Judge injuries have been freak injuries and Stanton injuries are recurring injuries.

Reaction Score
Here I am kinda hoping the Yanks can help get rid of Chaim and they go all 2004 on us.
Lol ya I would love to have 2 HOF healthy sluggers and a bunch of .270-.300 hitters in the Yankee lineup. Redsox aren’t great but they are far more capable of making a postseason run then the Yankees.

You guys have Cora as your manager, and you play fundamentally sound baseball. Bloom might be cheap but he doesn’t get locked into stupid contracts. Two years ago the Sox beat a 100 win Tampa team and had a 2-1 lead series on the Astros.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
The Yankee season turned on a torn ligament in a toe.

That is a sad state of affairs.

Cashman needs to look at how the 'stros, Reds, Dbacks and Braves operate.

Reaction Score

They are ruining Volpe as only Cash and Boone can. He needs to be sent down and Peraza needs to get on the field. Can’t imagine your #9 hitter batting.190 and 2 times the last week or so comes up with runners on first and second and Boone doesn’t even think of bunting???? I mean he struck out both times, almost on cue what kind of managing is that? The kid is overmatched with high tight cheese he has no shot. HR or nothing. They need to change his swing immediately and get more level with less back load. It’s painful to watch and he’s bringing it to the field now too.

They suck!

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score

Doesn't sound good. They are unwatchable without Judge. It's amazing....even the players they find on the scrap heap (Calhoun)can't stay healthy.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I don’t want Judge coming back this year, he carried the team last year and I want Cashman and Hal’s plan being fully exploited with empty seats and lost revenue.

Judge injuries have been freak injuries and Stanton injuries are recurring injuries.
Doesn't matter if they are freak injuries or not...it just matters that he misses games. And...when someone has multiple freak injuries...maybe they aren't freak. They are just injury prone. Which can happen when you are that large.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Oh...and another thing...it would be nice if other high priced players stepped up in judge's absence. Rizzo...Stanton...Lemahieu...all have stunk recently. Let's hope lamehieu snaps out of it. Otherwise paying him $15mm a year the next two years will be painful.

Reaction Score
Doesn't matter if they are freak injuries or not...it just matters that he misses games. And...when someone has multiple freak injuries...maybe they aren't freak. They are just injury prone. Which can happen when you are that large.
Being healthy is a skill. Judge isn’t Jeter durable but he’s been more durable then Mike Trout. He misses games so there should a yearly plan for that.

Reaction Score
Say what you want about this team's hitting, but the pitching has been pretty darn good this year.

This bullpen might not be "high end", but it's got a group of interchangeable pieces that can get outs: Holmes, Kahnle, Marinaccio, Peralta, King, Cordero...

Reaction Score
Say what you want about this team's hitting, but the pitching has been pretty darn good this year.

This bullpen might not be "high end", but it's got a group of interchangeable pieces that can get outs: Holmes, Kahnle, Marinaccio, Peralta, King, Cordero...
It’s gone the way I was expecting the piitching I wasn’t worried about. The pitching has to be nearly perfect to win games. Will just have to continue to win 1-0 games totally realistic.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score

I agree on the bullpen...they have been great....but starting pitcing hasn't been good. It's Cole and hope.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Wow!

Wow!!

Wow!!!

Domingo, baby!!! Didn't see that coming.

51.5% of his pitches were curveball.

First perfecto since 2012.
I had no idea there hadn't been a perfect game since 2012. Good for him!

He has had an amazingly up and down career. But going from from giving up 10 runs in his last start to a perfect game in his next start is just crazy...lol

Reaction Score
I don't care that it's the Athletics, but I'm happy that Donaldson is starting to show some life.

In this series, he's hit two HRs, and has gotten at least one hit and RBI in each game. His 470 foot home run today was a MONSTER.

He's been a massive disappointment at the plate, but rooting for him to keep it coming. Would be a huge boost.

On edit: Stanton is heating up too...5 RBI and hits in four of the last five games.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I don't care that it's the Athletics, but I'm happy that Donaldson is starting to show some life.

In this series, he's hit two HRs, and has gotten at least one hit and RBI in each game. His 470 foot home run today was a MONSTER.

He's been a massive disappointment at the plate, but rooting for him to keep it coming. Would be a huge boost.

On edit: Stanton is heating up too...5 RBI and hits in four of the last five games.
Like you said...it's the A's...and in front of 52 fans. Let's see them hit against Tampa or Houston at home after fans boo them for another K with runners in scoring position.

I know I have gotten really cynical...but I have no confidence in this team hitting...or staying healthy.

Reaction Score

Well ya know it’s A’s should’ve swept them. Not going to complain when the hrs come now can this team put it together for a month we’re in July.

Reaction Score
It’s gone the way I was expecting the piitching I wasn’t worried about. The pitching has to be nearly perfect to win games. Will just have to continue to win 1-0 games totally realistic.
German just says I’ll be perfect.

Reaction Score
Must blow to be Garrett Cole. Another 6 innings only 2 earned runs and the Yankmees get 1. He should be 12-13 in 1 but the Yanks suck ass!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Must blow to be Garrett Cole. Another 6 innings only 2 earned runs and the Yankmees get 1. He should be 12-13 in 1 but the Yanks suck ass!
Not really, I'm thinking. He's making top dollar and pitchers aren't judged by W's and L's anymore.

Reaction Score
Not really, I'm thinking. He's making top dollar and pitchers aren't judged by W's and L's anymore.

Sure they are doesn’t matter what you make. What have you done for me lately? It’s a way of life in most any sport. And he’s only judged by his record and not by the team that offers little to zero support.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom