The Official Mets 2021 Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

The Official Mets 2021 Thread

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I see they're on a 3 game win streak to prop them up to 32-53 and only 18.5 games out. I'll keep an eye on them!
I'm not talking playoffs, lol. Just this weekend series at Citi.

When I posted this at 1:11, Bucs were having a better July than the Mets, albeit by a small margin. Top three in the order have been good all year, but a bunch of injuries forced our cheap owner to find a bunch of cheap replacement castoffs. And some of those castoffs (Ben Gamel, John Nogoloski) have been spraying the ball all over. We're all bitching that they're ruining our chance for the #1 pick next year.

That said, bullpen got absolutely torched after I posted (albeit the worst of the pen), so maybe they're back to being the Pirates.

Reaction Score
I'm not talking playoffs, lol. Just this weekend series at Citi.

When I posted this at 1:11, Bucs were having a better July than the Mets, albeit by a small margin. Top three in the order have been good all year, but a bunch of injuries forced our cheap owner to find a bunch of cheap replacement castoffs. And some of those castoffs (Ben Gamel, John Nogoloski) have been spraying the ball all over. We're all bitching that they're ruining our chance for the #1 pick next year.

That said, bullpen got absolutely torched after I posted (albeit the worst of the pen), so maybe they're back to being the Pirates.
A better July? Wow.

Reaction Score
Even bad teams do get hot on occasion.

Are you one of those guys who's a Mets fan but not a baseball fan?
I’m just not sure what your point is here. You’re trying to sell me on a team that’s 18.5 games out at the all star break. Good for them having a nice week?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I’m just not sure what your point is here. You’re trying to sell me on a team that’s 18.5 games out at the all star break. Good for them having a nice week?
I think baseball fans would appreciate seeing Hayes. I've seen a lot of third basemen in 50+ years of watching baseball, and while he's still technically in his first year, he's best I've seen in the field. And when Hayes' first prolonged slump ended, Bucs put together some wins.

Hayes and Reynolds will be lynchpins of next good Pirates teams ('23-'24). But the Bucs do have some guys that might be useful to Mets in trades, like Tyler Anderson.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The Mets do need a third baseman. Would the Pirates part with Hayes? For Syndergaard and JD Davis?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The Mets do need a third baseman. Would the Pirates part with Hayes? For Syndergaard and JD Davis?
Hayes would likely require your #1-#7 prospects.

Reaction Score
Hey Mets fans... watch out, Pirates are hot right now, lol.

I would suggest y'all get down to Citi and check out Ke'Bryan Hayes. He'll be the NL starting 3rd baseman for the next decade. Was in a slump for 10 days but he's snapped out of it, 5-11 with 3 xbhs since Monday.
John Cena Omg GIF

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
LOL. Good point. But let’s be honest. The Pirates STINK.
Had you going for five innings though.

And you have to love the Big Nogowski. He's becoming legendary.

I grew up a Mets fan in the early 60s and experienced a half dozen 100+ loss seasons before I reached puberty. You think I'm affected by insults? Ha!

Reaction Score
That was one hell of an inning, I think Frankie Lindor has finally arrived.

Reaction Score
Had you going for five innings though.

And you have to love the Big Nogowski. He's becoming legendary.

I grew up a Mets fan in the early 60s and experienced a half dozen 100+ loss seasons before I reached puberty. You think I'm affected by insults? Ha!
Had me going? You mean while watching Hayes hit a routine grounder to SS and strike out?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Had me going? You mean while watching Hayes hit a routine grounder to SS and strike out?
My bad, I completely forgot that David Wright had a 1,585 game hit streak.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
LOL. Good point. But let’s be honest. The Pirates STINK.
Can't handle that Murderer's Row of Newman/Nogowski/Gamel/Difo/Castro and Perez, eh?

You got a split, congrats!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
How about Castro?
There have been so many useless veterans taking up space on this roster and there's nothing in AAA, so promoting from AA makes perfect sense here!

Reaction Score
There have been so many useless veterans taking up space on this roster and there's nothing in AAA, so promoting from AA makes perfect sense here!
He'll be the starting 2B once the Mets trade for Frazier

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
He'll be the starting 2B once the Mets trade for Frazier
We're all assuming Frazier is gone, and everyone says White Sox are being aggressive, but they've got nothing Bucs want. Mets do, so that would be OK. Allan and a lottery ticket could probably get it done.

Reaction Score
So you told Mets fans to watch out. Split a 4 game series and your phenom 3B kid had a double all weekend. Congrats.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
So you told Mets fans to watch out. Split a 4 game series and your phenom 3B kid had a double all weekend. Congrats.
As you said, "The Pirates STINK".

A split shouldn't be satisfying to you at all. It's satisfying for us.

And Hayes isn't simply about offense. He'll make difficult plays look routine. A joy to watch.

Hope you enjoy the AS break.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom