The Next Tiger, Or Scottie, Or Rory.... | The Boneyard

The Next Tiger, Or Scottie, Or Rory....

Reaction Score
Just finished as a volunteer for the Korn Ferry Suncoast tournament in Bradenton Fla. and I wanted to give a heads up on a 15 yo kid who made the cut and finished 20th in a field of 156 named Miles Russell.
He's a lefty 9th grader maybe 5'8" 130lbs. Drives as far or better than most of the men on this tour, needless to say beautiful swing.
I think he's already one of the leading US amateurs.
Anyway, he signed a ball for me and he probably has a few years till he turns pro but keep an eye out. At this point he's better than Charlie Woods. Nice kid too.

Reaction Score
So much talent in young golf today. With analytics dominating the game, young players are learning like robots. I think it makes another Tiger almost impossible since the field is so good. Although what Scottie is doing now is pretty amazing.

Reaction Score
Not just Scottie but maybe more impressive is Nellie Korda. I mean last 5 starts including the major this past weekend, all victories. She struggled a little while last year but she can play and she’s flexing her muscle for sure. She and Scottie are machines as of now.

But Tiger? No long ways to go for anyone. I heard Scottie won his 9Th and 10th the last 2 weeks at the age 27 and his 2nd major. Tiger had 34 wins and 8 majors and played in less tournaments per year. No matter, Scottie seems to be toying with the field right now very impressive.

Reaction Score
Great achievements for Scottie for sure and then as you pointed out look what Tiger did by the same time. Those wins and amount of major wins says it all. As time marches on sometimes we slowly forget what a great athlete has accomplished.

Reaction Score
Last week it was reported Sheffler's caddie made more than 75% of the pros on the PGA Tou this year.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Saw an article about the Russell kid. Annoying as hell :cool: kid is something else. I hit a good shot my last round and i’m upper 70s. Age that is. Sheffler and Korda are on crazy streaks right now. They should procreate. A 7’4” golfer who can dunk a basketball with his/her teeth. Sheffler has been great over a few years now. Hopefully he will be more Tiger than Duval.

Reaction Score
Watch out for Aberg. Unlimited potential in my opinion.

Agree. He’s been peaking in a lot as of late but having a little trouble on Sundays that will pass though. Minus that water ball on 11 at the Masters he was making a run.

Reaction Score
Agree. He’s been peaking in a lot as of late but having a little trouble on Sundays that will pass though. Minus that water ball on 11 at the Masters he was making a run.
Yeah, he overcooked that shot, but I liked the choice of trying to get it close there instead of leaving it right of the green.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I don't think there will ever be another tiger because well, Scottie on current form would have to be the #1 player in the world for the next 12 years straight to catch Tiger. That isn't a thing anymore. However, I do thing we'll see some super high peaks from many golfers going forward.

Reaction Score
Rory should move to Liv. His fourth rounds are killing him
There are rumors he's been offered an unbelievable sum to go to LIV and, based on how long it's been since he won a major, he may take the money at some point soon.

Reaction Score
Is this kid at IMG?
The last 2 years he has been home schooled is what I heard. Florida courses are pretty wide open so it's too early to say how his game translates to big trees, narrow chutes, more difficult courses but...... he's 15.
One other thing, on the last round he had about 100 people or more following him which was 95% more than anyone else. He will draw huge crowds in the future because of his age, and there were lots of kids out there begging to get pics with him after the tourney and yes he took them.

Reaction Score
These top tier kids play a national schedule
The ball doesn’t spin as much so there’s less skill to keep it straight
They can have a real impact on tour at 22-25 the same way guys didn’t peak til 32-35 a generation ago

Reaction Score
The last 2 years he has been home schooled is what I heard. Florida courses are pretty wide open so it's too early to say how his game translates to big trees, narrow chutes, more difficult courses but...... he's 15.
One other thing, on the last round he had about 100 people or more following him which was 95% more than anyone else. He will draw huge crowds in the future because of his age, and there were lots of kids out there begging to get pics with him after the tourney and yes he took them.
I met him last October during a golf trip to Jacksonville. He plays out of Atlantic Beach Country Club where we played for a couple of rounds with a member buddy. Real good kid. He was working on his short game as we were warming up. When we made the turn a couple of hours later he was still at the practice area working on his short game. His hand shake was like a vice grip. Saw two of his shots on course and he bombs it.

Reaction Score
I met him last October during a golf trip to Jacksonville. He plays out of Atlantic Beach Country Club where we played for a couple of rounds with a member buddy. Real good kid. He was working on his short game as we were warming up. When we made the turn a couple of hours later he was still at the practice area working on his short game. His hand shake was like a vice grip. Saw two of his shots on course and he bombs it.
Yup.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I don't think there will ever be another tiger because well, Scottie on current form would have to be the #1 player in the world for the next 12 years straight to catch Tiger. That isn't a thing anymore. However, I do thing we'll see some super high peaks from many golfers going forward.

Scottie is in Phil, Vijay, a bit of Norman range. He goes on heaters for a few months and cools off. He's better equipped to sustain this than Rory, Jordan, JT or Rahm or DJ.

Wife is about to pop out kid #1 and we'll see how long Scottie can keep his focus and energy on golf.

Cool fact. RBC is Scottie's first win in a calendar year after the Master's. All his wins are Jan-Apr.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
What I'm waiting for is the next John Daly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom