The next OC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The next OC

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Just reviewed the Jed Fisch resume. Seems like a leap by Arizona to make him a HC. No HC experience, not a lot of coordinator experience. Seems like AZ got a guy because he was on the patriots and rams staff.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
RichRod is probably available. And he's a very god recruiter.
Ha- So does Rich Rod want to see if he can build an explosive offense at Randy’s school? To build the offense Randy couldn’t? The shadow of the old BE football could be intriguing.

Reaction Score
Ha- So does Rich Rod want to see if he can build an explosive offense at Randy’s school? To build the offense Randy couldn’t? The shadow of the old BE football could be intriguing.
Well part of the draw to be LL's OC was that he was coaching his son ( Rhett). But if RR can bring Uconn the FR dual threat QB Chandler Rogers, that took over for his son after 4 games, that might help.

Reaction Score
Rich Rod has too big an ego to take an assistant position unless it's at the NFL level.

He's a a assistant now under Terry Bowden at Louisiana Lafayette
Asian Fail GIF by Hello All

Reaction Score
The most important hire. I hope the assistant coaching salary pool is $3 million+ so Mora can actually hire a decent OC.

During Diaco's first season in 2014, he was paid $1.5 million and his assistant coach salary pool was ~$2 million. Here we are 8 years later and the head coach is going to be paid $1.5 million which worries me about the size of the assistant coaching salary pool. Honestly, I would have been more excited about the Mora hire if they were paying him $2.5 million as that would signal that UConn was serious about competing. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to overpay coaches, but what FBS school is paying their coach they same salary as they paid their head coach in 2014?

As a side note, read this prescient article from Footballscoop that was written after John Dunn left 2.5 years ago.

This isn't a good sign for UConn
I can think of a Big10 team that is paying its head coach $1,000,000 less next year than it paid him this year. Same guy, just less money, more money for assistants payroll.
So Mora at $2,500,000 would get you excited more than Mora at $1,500,000 and rather than that eating into assistants pool of money you think that would increase the available pool. If that's the case, should have paid him what UCLA was paying him so the assistants pool would be even bigger.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Or 11 orange cones and hope someone trips over one.

Teddy Bridgewater tried the orange cone imitation on Sunday against Eagles. Didn't work out well for Broncos.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom