The MAYO Turkey | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The MAYO Turkey

Reaction Score
OK lately there has been a lot of articles on putting mayo on the turkey to promote browning and moistness. Kevin Bacon said he used it (instead of bacon) and it worked great. Mayo ingredients are eggs, oil and vinegar basically. Has anyone out there used this? And I assume you would include seasonings in that mayo like salt, pepper and and maybe some granulated garlic for flavor. We have no shortage of turkey strategies here but let’s have some mayo talk.
Its called a binder. Makes it taste better with your seasoning. You wont taste the mayo.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
OK lately there has been a lot of articles on putting mayo on the turkey to promote browning and moistness. Kevin Bacon said he used it (instead of bacon) and it worked great. Mayo ingredients are eggs, oil and vinegar basically. Has anyone out there used this? And I assume you would include seasonings in that mayo like salt, pepper and and maybe some granulated garlic for flavor. We have no shortage of turkey strategies here but let’s have some mayo talk.

Without threadjacking, I hate mayo as a condiment even though I like all the ingredients which make up mayo.

I do understand how you can use it to cook.

I've heard the Japanese mayo, Kewpie, is a secret superstar ingredient for super moist cakes.

Reaction Score
Without threadjacking, I hate mayo as a condiment even though I like all the ingredients which make up mayo.

I've heard the Japanese mayo, Kewpie, is a secret superstar ingredient for super moist cakes.
Super Moist Cakes is the name of my third album.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

Thank you for your interest in UConn basketball?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Brining is the way to go.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score

Love Kewpie.

And for anyone into podcasts and food (and profane language), Recipe Club, but the early seasons. Seriously, check it out. David Chang and a bunch of other derilects. A lot of fun.

Reaction Score
I will only say that Mayo was added to the herbs and spices while rubbed on the outside for the first time in our household today.

Winner winner turkey dinner. Holy crap the ‘Yard comes through again thanks to all. Some of the best skin I ever tasted and a moist as hell bird.

The Boneyard is the best;)

Reaction Score
I will only say that Mayo was added to the herbs and spices while rubbed on the outside for the first time in our household today.

Winner winner turkey dinner. Holy crap the ‘Yard comes through again thanks to all. Some of the best skin I ever tasted and a moist as hell bird.

The Boneyard is the best;)

Fading the BY consensus, a smart man

Reaction Score
Herb Mayo just to annoy the Yard.

I cut the skin a little too high on the breast when spatchcocking to fit the legs on the baking sheet and it tightened up and didn't fully cover the breast, but otherwise it was basically perfect. And you can see the mayo under the skin actually browned when it pulled up and the aromatics stayed put.

PXL-20231123-173356612-1.jpg

2nd pic of the leg.

Reaction Score
Herb Mayo just to annoy the Yard.

I cut the skin a little too high on the breast when spatchcocking to fit the legs on the baking sheet and it tightened up and didn't fully cover the breast, but otherwise it was basically perfect. And you can see the mayo under the skin actually browned when it pulled up and the aromatics stayed put.

PXL-20231123-173356612-1.jpg

2nd pic of the leg.
I would like to live on seasoned turkey skin. It’s good for you, right?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom