OT: - The Master's. Tiger's In. As of Now | The Boneyard

OT: The Master's. Tiger's In. As of Now

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Tiger saying he's ready to play. As of today. Nine more practice holes tomorrow and he'll make final decision.

Amazing how he can command the entire media's attention just over news on whether or not he can play. It's fool's gold betting on him, right? Just making the cut would be a huge accomplishment.

I'll stay away from the usual suspects whom everyone has on their list of winner's and go to the second tier for three names I am watching- Ancer, Hatton and Berger.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Was waiting to see a decision by Tiger before starting the thread. At this point, it looks better than 75% chance he'll play.

I'll post some odds and thoughts after a little coffee.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Current Odds:

Reaction Score
Morikawa mentioned in his press conference that in the past he kept forcing himself to play a draw even though it’s not his natural shot shape. Said this year he’s back to straight or a cut. At 2200 a decent bet IMO

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
My pick is Cam Smith. Close two years ago, top 10 last year. Putts lights out. I also like Scheffler. So good and so hot. Zalatoris seems to have figured out his putting so I like him too. My daughter asked me to fill out a pool for her at work. The pool had four categories
First time Masters Player - Cameron Young
Past Winner - DJ
American - Scheffler
Int'l - Cam Smith

Reaction Score
My pick is Cam Smith. Close two years ago, top 10 last year. Putts lights out. I also like Scheffler. So good and so hot. Zalatoris seems to have figured out his putting so I like him too. My daughter asked me to fill out a pool for her at work. The pool had four categories
Past Winner - DJ
American - Scheffler
Int'l - Cam Smith
Swap in Koepka for Scheffler and you have a winner

Reaction Score
Swap in Koepka for Scheffler and you have a winner
Might wanna switch Burns for Young too. Love the local kid from Westchester but Burns is a stud

Reaction Score
Past Winner - DJ
American - Scheffler
Int'l - Cam Smith
From your mouth to God's ear. I have Cam, Matt Fitzpatrick, and Shane Lowry on my year long fantasy golf team. Cam made me some money with his Players Championship win. As long as my three guys make the most money this week, I don't care which of the three wins it.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Tiger at 50-1 is a total joke. It's even down to 35-1 in some spots. I'm going to be betting against him as much as possible. I have a big matchup bet already...took Reed over Tiger at -155 and will be looking for other matchups bets as well. Might bet Tiger to miss the cut too.

Early leans are Xander, Cantlay, Ancer.

Reaction Score
Tiger at 50-1 is a total joke. It's even down to 35-1 in some spots. I'm going to be betting against him as much as possible. I have a big matchup bet already...took Reed over Tiger at -155 and will be looking for other matchups bets as well. Might bet Tiger to miss the cut too.

Early leans are Xander, Cantlay, Ancer.
My god I would lay 35-1 all day. Great story but no way he's ready to win this thing. Would be a miracle to make the cut.

Reaction Score
Tier 1: Rahm, Cameron Smith, Schauffele, Koepka

2 dark horse picks Hideki Matsuyama and Louis Oosthuizen

Worth a stab: Zalatoris, Berger, Adam Scott, Corey Connors, Sergio Garcia

Reaction Score

I like the odds on Connors. Played well at WGC

Reaction Score
Might be worth a flyer on Bubba... he knows how to play the course.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
The tie breaker is how many total birdies for the entire field for the entire tournament. Took some investigating and I was blown away by the number.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I like the odds on Connors. Played well at WGC

WGC is a good gauge to see whose head is fully engaged with winning and I like the way the elevation changes and greens make players flight the ball differently throughout a round and hit to the right part of the green.

I really like Connors and think he can be a top-10 machine at Augusta. His putting scares me though. Same for Zalatoris.

I was watching Adam Scott at the WGC too and at 55:1 not a bad payout.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Even with Augusta's well known drainage system, this should keep the course somewhat soft for Thursday.

1649189228985.png

Reaction Score
Tigers missed the cut once in his career at Augusta. 1995 as an amateur.
He's showed up to Augusta with his game in much worse shape than what it is and hodgepodged together top 10s. I wouldn't be betting on him to win but missing the cut is a hard proposition at Augusta. There's only 90 player in the field. They take the top 50 and ties and they have the 10 shot rule. Between past their prime former Champs and amateurs there's probably 20 guys that won't make the cut. So essentially you're talking about 20 inform pros missing the cut. Totally different tournament than the other 3 majors.

Reaction Score
WGC is a good gauge to see whose head is fully engaged with winning and I like the way the elevation changes and greens make players flight the ball differently throughout a round and hit to the right part of the green.

I really like Connors and think he can be a top-10 machine at Augusta. His putting scares me though. Same for Zalatoris.

I was watching Adam Scott at the WGC too and at 55:1 not a bad payout.
Zalatoris putted better than usual for him and better than avg from distance, but I agree. if he can put the ball below the hole consistently I think he’s got a chance

Reaction Score
Tigers missed the cut once in his career at Augusta. 1995 as an amateur.
He's showed up to Augusta with his game in much worse shape than what it is and hodgepodged together top 10s. I wouldn't be betting on him to win but missing the cut is a hard proposition at Augusta. There's only 90 player in the field. They take the top 50 and ties and they have the 10 shot rule. Between past their prime former Champs and amateurs there's probably 20 guys that won't make the cut. So essentially you're talking about 20 inform pros missing the cut. Totally different tournament than the other 3 majors.
10 shot rule is no longer in effect. Koepka missed the cut last year, it can be done by a very good player coming off a serious injury, it’s not the layup you make it out to be.

Reaction Score
10 shot rule is no longer in effect. Koepka missed the cut last year, it can be done by a very good player coming off a serious injury, it’s not the layup you make it out to be.
Rory also missed the cut last year. So two top 10 players in their prime missed the cut and you think it’s an automatic that a 46 year old who almost lost his leg and hasn’t played a competitive round of golf in over 18 months is just gonna waltz his way around??

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Surprised there's only one mention (didn't miss any, did I) for Scheffler. He's playing better than anyone right now. Kinda reminds me of Koepka a few years ago when he won his first major. Not really going out on a limb with the world number 1, but I would definitely have some money on him if I did such things. I like Morikawa as well.

For the record, I do think Tiger will make the cut. His short game is said to be excellent right now and that's important at Augusta. Don't think he has the stamina to last through the weekend in contention however.

Reaction Score
Surprised there's only one mention (didn't miss any, did I) for Scheffler. He's playing better than anyone right now. Kinda reminds me of Koepka a few years ago when he won his first major. Not really going out on a limb with the world number 1, but I would definitely have some money on him if I did such things. I like Morikawa as well.

For the record, I do think Tiger will make the cut. His short game is said to be excellent right now and that's important at Augusta. Don't think he has the stamina to last through the weekend in contention however.
Would love to see him make the cut and compete I just think people need to be realistic w expectations. At the end of the day, he is a human. .

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Would love to see him make the cut and compete I just think people need to be realistic w expectations. At the end of the day, he is a human. .
Walking the course is what will do him in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom