The last time Uconn | The Boneyard

The last time Uconn

Reaction Score
The last time Uconn did not make the either the NCAA or NIT was in 2007. That was three years after their 2004 title. This year is 3 years after their 2011 tournament. Disappointing season for sure, but I am hopeful for the return of a championship husky team

Reaction Score
Thats a tough comparison. There was a mass exodus after the 2006 season losing players to graduation and leaving early for the NBA. Going into the 06-07 season, we pretty much had all Freshman along with AJ Price who was playing his first year of college basketball coming off his illness, and Jeff Adrien/Craig Austrie as Sophomores who were the only guys that had college basketball experience. That season was a work in progress and you can tell that the core of that team had talent and would be good in the upcoming years.

Reaction Score
If he stays 4 years I'm confident he gets to a FF

.... then you know what we do in the finals

We've got a shot to have the best backcourt in the country next season. If we do, Jalen might only need to stay one more year.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Thats a tough comparison. There was a mass exodus after the 2006 season losing players to graduation and leaving early for the NBA. Going into the 06-07 season, we pretty much had all Freshman along with AJ Price who was playing his first year of college basketball coming off his illness, and Jeff Adrien/Craig Austrie as Sophomores who were the only guys that had college basketball experience. That season was a work in progress and you can tell that the core of that team had talent and would be good in the upcoming years.

And you don't see that the core of this team is talented?

Reaction Score
We need a quality center and a forward that can shoot threes in his sleep. I see neither present. Jalen is not carrying this team without a post threat and wing threat. With those two pieces, we can do some serious damage.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We need a quality center and a forward that can shoot threes in his sleep. I see neither present. Jalen is not carrying this team without a post threat and wing threat. With those two pieces, we can do some serious damage.

Vance has the potential to be that guy. He was a great shooter in high school, and needed this year to adjust his game to the next level. I expect him to come in next year being more assertive with his shot, which would pay dividends to his %'s.

And Larrier can do off the wing what they need him to do.

They need a passable center atm. I'm not sure what is going to happen next year RE that. Jury's out.

Reaction Score
Yes, Jalen Adams is very talented, but there are question marks going into next season beyond that. Larrier will be coming off an ACL injury and essentially has played about 5 college basketball games in the last 2 years. I think he will be key as far as our success goes next season. I really hope that Enoch and this new kid Cobb can develop because our front court is a question mark. A lot of that will be up to the coaching staff. I hope Vance Jackson's three point shooting can become more consistent as well.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Or that losing 3 players to injury is comparable to losing players to transfer?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Years ending in the number 7 have been rough.

1986-87: 9-19
1996-97: 18-15, no NCAAs, lost in NIT semis
2006-07: 17-14, no postseason
2016-17: 16-17, no NCAA

So two years from now we are going to the FF. I like it. We've a good record from there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom