The GOAT | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The GOAT

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Why did the Mercury win?

Ask Mercury coach Sandy Brondelo

"In the fourth quarter, we have Diana Taurasi and they don't," she said, borrowing a decades-old yarn by Taurasi's college coach at Connecticut. "I'm stealing that off Geno [Auriemma], but that's what it comes down to"

Aces coach Bill Laimbeer credited the mental toughness of Taurasi and Griner for getting the Mercury over the top.

Reaction Score
Trash talking, posturing, “look at me” has just become an everyday, every play part of sport. Jackie Young didn’t learn it from McGraw anymore than Diana Taurasi learned it from Auriemma. Just my opinion, but trash talking had nothing to do with Taurasi stepping up, it is what the GREATEST of the GREAT do. UConnCat posted the video, I thought her block on the mismatch at the end of the game was the biggest play of the game. Her following that sequence up with the 3 was just poetic justice for one of the most phenomenal players to ever step on a court.

Reaction Score
How long ago was it that when asked after a victory how UConn had won, he would invariably say, "We have Diana and they don't." Same as last night.

Reaction Score
DT is DT... what else do we expect? She is the best, ever, when it needs to be done

And at how many years old? This is on a par with Tom Brady leading his team to the Super Bowl championship at the age of (?) 43. Simply amazing!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
More footage highlighting B Griner's contribution.

Geno must be saying. Glad she is living up to her talents

A quote when BG was first getting coached by Geno.

"It was a great experience playing for Coach Auriemma because he is really passionate and he is a great coach," Griner said. "He was working on my game, just getting big and just playing to my full ability."

Reaction Score
But other UConn players had a tough time. Kiah Stokes had a disastrous ten minutes, scoring no points, pulling down two rebounds, and seeing her team outscored by 17 points. Kia Nurse was out of the game with an injury. Any updates on her status?

Stephanie Dolson has lost her starting center job to UConn's Azure Stephens. That will be a great matchup in the championship series.

Reaction Score
But other UConn players had a tough time. Kiah Stokes had a disastrous ten minutes, scoring no points, pulling down two rebounds, and seeing her team outscored by 17 points. Kia Nurse was out of the game with an injury. Any updates on her status?

Stephanie Dolson has lost her starting center job to UConn's Azure Stephens. That will be a great matchup in the championship series.
Whole post about m kia’s injury torn acl

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

good time seriously GIF by Hyper RPG

:eek: Way to be a wet blanket in a thread about The GOAT!
Nurse has a torn ACL.

Reaction Score
How long ago was it that when asked after a victory how UConn had won, he would invariably say, "We have Diana and they don't." Same as last night.
If I'm not mistaken that comment was at half time in a very tight game (UCONN losing?). The reporter asked Geno his thoughts to which he replied: "I like my chances because I have Diana and they don't"

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
This Sunday game will be one heck of a turnround for the multi-injured GOAT, Ms. DT, who also just become a parent of a 2nd child.

It will be a challenge, but to paraphrase Coaches Geno and Sandy, DT might say: "Yeah, but I've got BG."

Griner has given a level of consistency, particularly from the Olympics and second half of the season through the playoffs, that helps all around her, including DT and SD-S. She and her wingman, Bri Turner, will now pose issues for Chicago. Ms. Parker needs to get ready to run with Breezy, who has an everyready battery at all times.

Who knows how DT, BG and SD-S are still powering along. Maybe, as DT pondered, they like each other, which gives purpose to the task. Great to watch.

Reaction Score
This Sunday game will be one heck of a turnround for the multi-injured GOAT, Ms. DT, who also just become a parent of a 2nd child.

It will be a challenge, but to paraphrase Coaches Geno and Sandy, DT might say: "Yeah, but I've got BG."

Griner has given a level of consistency, particularly from the Olympics and second half of the season through the playoffs, that helps all around her, including DT and SD-S. She and her wingman, Bri Turner, will now pose issues for Chicago. Ms. Parker needs to get ready to run with Breezy, who has an everyready battery at all times.

Who knows how DT, BG and SD-S are still powering along. Maybe, as DT pondered, they like each other, which gives purpose to the task. Great to watch.

I think it will be a great series. Don’t know how the Sky will stop BG

Reaction Score
Really looking forward to this series. I'm delighted ABC will be televising. We are fortunate to be able to see Parker and Taurasi face off at this point in their careers. I'm really looking forward to the Turner and Parker match up. Also the guard matchups will be fascinating

Reaction Score
I want to see Stef get her first ring. Stef played at UConn. Maybe you don't remember.

Not that it's a big deal who wins - it's a win-win.

But I also remember Parker at bit at war with Geno.

And I'm not especially fond of a former player going to a rival and dunking at Hartford while leading her team to beat mine.

And I'm not especially fond of that self-promotion commercial/ad she has.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom