The Expoits? | The Boneyard

The Expoits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In preseason, all of the so-called "experts" on ESPN (the usual crew: Creme, Hays, Voepel, etc.) compiled team rankings and made bold predictions as to how the season would go. Additionally (if I weren't so lazy I'd go find this), several other experts including Rebecca, Doris, and a few others were cited in a post on The Boneyard with their own preseason rankings. In no case was Notre Dame ranked in the top five by anyone! Maryland was highly ranked by everyone. Now, at least on ESPN, everyone seems to be picking ND over the Terps even after the Achonwa injury. I happen to agree, but what changed the minds of the sages?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I think I can answer this!

I think!

I too thought Maryland, preseason, would be a top 5 team. Reason being was they had so so many players last year out for injury and had a decent season, if not successful 20 win season. Lets not forget that Brene Mosely and Lauren Mincy were out with injuries and Mosely was the preseason starting PG and Mincy their 2 guard. They posted a decent ACC record and made it to the sweet 16 with a short bench, a freshman PG, and a star who had to basically play 5 positions. And an afterthought here, what ever happened to Chloe Pavelich?? I think she did a fantastic job last year thrown into a role as a PG and did remarkably well. She barely got garbage time this year.

Fast Forward to this year! Everybody back plus a good recruiting class and many, including myself, thought they would ranked higher at the end of the season. However, they had only 1 bad loss in my book and that was to UVA. They rest were ranked teams. That being said, Brenda, really needs to beef up the OOC schedule next season.

Bottom line: I think Maryland has some good players even great ones (Thomas) but I question the coaching X&O's. She was lucky and I mean lucky to escape Louisville.

ND on the other had was losing a HUGE star in Skylar Diggins. Everyone thought that would be a huge loss for them. However the rest of the team picked up where she left off and they recruited a dandy freshman PG. I do think ND may struggle next season. Losing Achonwa, McBride, and Braker may hurt them just a tad more. But hey, they still got Lloyd. And quite frankly, that will be enough to win a lot of games.

Who wins Sunday night??? I dont know. Maryland has the tools. ND has the coaching. My Pick: ND!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I picked Notre Dame as a top 5 team.
Doing it again, right here and now.
Notre Dame will be a tough top-5 next season

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Pre-season is always a guess - and ND/Maryland are not the best examples - look at Baylor/Oklahoma for example.

Reaction Score
Re: Brenda's X's&O's... She called a time out the other night, with only a few seconds left on the clock,
allowing Louisville to set up an almost successful final shot from Shonni to tie the score! What the heck
was she thinking?

No way Maryland even comes close to wining their game vs. ND.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Re: Brenda's X's&O's... She called a time out the other night, with only a few seconds left on the clock,
allowing Louisville to set up an almost successful final shot from Shonni to tie the score! What the heck
was she thinking?

No way Maryland even comes close to wining their game vs. ND.
That was such a ridiculous move. But the Terps won despite that bad decision, because her game plan worked better than Walz's. Her strange call fits in with her team's play the last minute of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom