The Bracket | Page 7 | The Boneyard

The Bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I understand that Iowa State and Auburn fans are pretty ticked off about this bracket

View attachment 97879

The B1G and SEC play their championship games on Sunday afternoon. The men's committee isn't going to make drastic changes to their mostly set brackets just because Illinois and Auburn won one additional game. Those placements were probably set as of Saturday night.

Reaction Score
Indiana will beat Fairfield by 30+.
They do have common opponents.

@Indiana vs. Lipscomb : 77-44
Indiana vs. @Rutgers : 66-56

Fairfield vs. @Lipscomb : 89-66
Fairfield vs. @Rutgers : 78-54

Other games of note. I mention because Indiana certainly played plenty of teams of similar or lesser quality (which they did not beat by 30+).

@Fairfield vs. St. John's (WBIT) : 67-62
Fairfield vs. @Vanderbilt (NCAAT) : 70-73

re: Vanderbilt - here is an uplifting thread where you can see just how close Fairfield came to a perfect regular season and it has a happy ending.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
My Blue Hose of Presbyterian, Champions of the Big South. Advamce to fight another day with a hard fought victory ovwr Sacred Heart. . Time to celebrate :cool:

fd5f270bf4_Ar00801008.jpg

Reaction Score
My Blue Hose of Presbyterian, Champions of the Big South. Advamce to fight another day with a hard fought victory ovwr Sacred Heart. . Time to celebrate :cool:

View attachment 97955
I'm still trying to figure out what a Blue Hose is and how it relates to a Scotsman (or what I assumed is a Scotsman based on the mascot). Help a Canadian girl out here. ;)

Reaction Score
I'm still trying to figure out what a Blue Hose is and how it relates to a Scotsman (or what I assumed is a Scotsman based on the mascot). Help a Canadian girl out here. ;)
Like red socks but blue.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
South Carolina won the first matchup with Presbyterian, 99-29, on December 16th. It will be interesting to see how much closer Presbyterian can make it this time.

Reaction Score
It’s a Presbyterian college, and Presbyterianism is Scottish. And he’s very clearly wearing blue hose.

Traditional Scottish garb includes “ kilt hose.

Blue hose would be Worn by some of those clans who have blue in their tartan. Like Mackay, Buchanan, Douglas etc

Thanks. This is the clarification I needed. Presbyterian churches aren't as prevelant where I live in Canada. Catholic and Anglican churches are more common.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
From PC site.

What's a Blue Hose? It began in the early 1900s when sportswriters referred to the Presbyterian College sports teams as the “Blue Stockings” because of the blue socks (or hose) they wore.

Reaction Score
Thanks. This is the clarification I needed. Presbyterian churches aren't as prevelant where I live in Canada. Catholic and Anglican churches are more common.
Many Scots sought to escape British subjugation in the early 1700’s particularly after the Battle of Cullohden in 1745. Those who landed in the Southern shores of the US fled to the “Highlands” of the Carolina’s to escape the English governors nearer the Coast.They brought their Protestant denomination with them. Though outnumbered by Baptists and Methodists, they are still pretty strong in the region.

Reaction Score
Kitleys absence sets things up nicely for 5 Baylor and 1 USC in the Portland 3 region.

And VT also has to deal with the Brooks rumors. Could they be susceptible against 13 Marshall ?

Note 12 Vandy is also in Blacksburg!

Reaction Score
Many Scots sought to escape British subjugation in the early 1700’s particularly after the Battle of Cullohden in 1745. Those who landed in the Southern shores of the US fled to the “Highlands” of the Carolina’s to escape the English governors nearer the Coast.They brought their Protestant denomination with them. Though outnumbered by Baptists and Methodists, they are still pretty strong in the region.
As portrayed in the TV series 'Outlander,' visitingcock.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Arizona had a sizable lead, Auburn made a run but the Wildcats held them off and stretched it out again. I might be a bit ahead of myself but 10 points in 45 seconds is a tough ask.

Reaction Score
I was convinced that Auburn belonged in the Big Dance. After this result and the LSU thrashing, I'm not so sure about that.

Reaction Score
Speaking of thrashing, in the last First Four game Holy Cross over UT Martin 72-45. :eek:
I looked at the box score and their leading scores went 7-10 from 3. If she stays hot, this next game against Iowa could be spicier than expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom