The Boneyard buys a pizza place. | The Boneyard

The Boneyard buys a pizza place.

Reaction Score
I just got offered a chance to buy into a new pizza place in Manhattan. You can buy up to a 10% share for $27,500 or as low as a 1% share for $2,750.

I have a business plan with the people involved, the specs of the business and the financial initial business plan. I can certainly forward that to a personal email address if this goes anywhere.

I've known one of the guys for 25+ years so I know it's not a scam.

What do you think? Should we buy a pizza place? A pool of 10 folks in for $275.00 a piece? 10 people in for $2,750.00? 100 people in for $27.50?

Discuss.

Reaction Score
Be VERY careful... and thorough in your due diligence (make sure to do comps, etc...)

From personal experience I can tell you that the restaurant business in general is one of the hardest businesses to have your investment turn a profit. Statistically, much easier to lose most if not all of your investment:

35 Reasons Why the Restaurant Failure Rate is So High | Orderly

I copied and pasted this article for you in particular because it gives you a bunch (35) of reasons that the restaurant failure rate is high, but also constructive advice on how to overcome each of them.

One other important factor to keep in mind: the tax and minimum wage laws in New York City since DeBlasio became Mayor have turned very much against business owners, including restaurant owners. Having to pay all of your employees $15 per hour means that your labor costs will be taking a significantly bigger bite out of your incoming revenues than even a year or two ago. That is a big deal.

Good luck, if you and/or anyone else here decides to move forward with this investment!

Reaction Score
Other pizza news. Di Fara Pizza in Brooklyn reopened today. Many consider it among 'best in NYC' class. State closed them down for not paying sales tax for many years.

Warning!! High profile stuff! Never mind the checkbook - you're gonna need cash to grease with.

Famed Brooklyn pizzeria Di Fara is back open for business

Bill de Blasio is a hypocrite on taxes and small businesses

Cuomo won’t bite on de Blasio’s plea to save famed pizzeria Di Fara

Famed Brooklyn pizzeria Di Fara shuttered over unpaid taxes

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Be VERY careful... and thorough in your due diligence (make sure to do comps, etc...)

From personal experience I can tell you that the restaurant business in general is one of the hardest businesses to have your investment turn a profit. Statistically, much easier to lose most if not all of your investment:

I copied and pasted this article for you in particular because it gives you a bunch (35) of reasons that the restaurant failure rate is high, but also constructive advice on how to overcome each of them.

One other important factor to keep in mind: the tax and minimum wage laws in New York City since DeBlasio became Mayor have turned very much against business owners, including restaurant owners. Having to pay all of your employees $15 per hour means that your labor costs will be taking a significantly bigger bite out of your incoming revenues than even a year or two ago. That is a big deal.

Good luck, if you and/or anyone else here decides to move forward with this investment!

The owners of Donahues in Madison always tell people don't do it when they are asked for advice by people looking to open a restaurant. The owners are very successful with running restaurants but that's because they are there open to close everyday. If you aren't going to dedicate that time chances are you will end up losing money even if you have a great product

Reaction Score

I get it. Restaurants are one of the worst investments you can make. I don't need to read the article. If you think paying $275.00 to own a small piece of a Manhattan pizzeria sounds like fun and you can afford it, that's all it is.

Note: To other's who have commented, the name is already picked. You'll probably have zero say in any decisions.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I just got offered a chance to buy into a new pizza place in Manhattan. You can buy up to a 10% share for $27,500 or as low as a 1% share for $2,750.

I have a business plan with the people involved, the specs of the business and the financial initial business plan. I can certainly forward that to a personal email address if this goes anywhere.

I've known one of the guys for 25+ years so I know it's not a scam.

What do you think? Should we buy a pizza place? A pool of 10 folks in for $275.00 a piece? 10 people in for $2,750.00? 100 people in for $27.50?

Discuss.

You, @ and @Kathy?

2GAGAAPP-S1-2.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog