OT: - The Ballad of Huskie Hoops | The Boneyard

OT: The Ballad of Huskie Hoops

Reaction Score
BB version
In a far away corner
of a land called Connecticut residents built a place for their child to educate .
For years tucked away Isolated , caught in a sleepy dream it’s most famous achievements were partying and ice cream
That changed when a man from RI with hope and foresight thought our school would fit into his dream
just right
We struggled at first our best product excuses but Dom was let go to stop the abuses .Things started to change for the better when our AD got Southey Jim to sign his lettter.
To coach that sport played in a big hall with five players in shorts , two baskets and a round ball.
He proceeded to take us to heights previously unattainable with a consistency we hardly believed was sustainable .
Unfortunately Jim being mortal eventually retired replaced by interim assistant who soon was rehired.
The millennium’s dawning saw dark clouds spawning cracks in this dream that eventually caused it to splinter to a point that many fans no longer enjoyed the winter
We trudged along in a new world not of our making actually reaching the pinnacle only to come crashing down , causing despair to the cynical.
We hired a man with the same name of a past dreaded foe and reconciled with our old family to see how it would go .
Success unfortunately was not overnight, but as fans we look to the future to make things right
The answer is coming soon I fear . Hopefully it’s nirvana not wait til next year.
The intent of this ballad is for good mojo ,and hopefully not a curse , Only after each win will I add a new verse .

Reaction Score
BB version
In a far away corner
of a land called Connecticut residents built a place for their child to educate .
For years tucked away Isolated , caught in a sleepy dream it’s most famous achievements were partying and ice cream
That changed when a man from RI with hope and foresight thought our school would fit into his dream
just right
We struggled at first our best product excuses but Dom was let go to stop the abuses .Things started to change for the better when our AD got Southey Jim to sign his lettter.
To coach that sport played in a big hall with five players in shorts , two baskets and a round ball.
He proceeded to take us to heights previously unattainable with a consistency we hardly believed was sustainable .
Unfortunately Jim being mortal eventually retired replaced by interim assistant who soon was rehired.
The millennium’s dawning saw dark clouds spawning cracks in this dream that eventually caused it to splinter to a point that many fans no longer enjoyed the winter
We trudged along in a new world not of our making actually reaching the pinnacle only to come crashing down , causing despair to the cynical.
We hired a man with the same name of a past dreaded foe and reconciled with our old family to see how it would go .
Success unfortunately was not overnight, but as fans we look to the future to make things right
The answer is coming soon I fear . Hopefully it’s nirvana not wait til next year.
The intent of this ballad is for good mojo ,and hopefully not a curse , Only after each win will I add a new verse .
We played the once wounded Cats just as they were getting healthy

But if you bet the Dogs it was you who become wealthy

Before the game Kitty was fiercely growling and his sharp claws Un-retracted

He is now wailing in anguish with those claws now redacted

Now it’s on to the Friars and not to be terse , because when we defrock them I’ll owe another verse

Reaction Score
We played the once wounded Cats just as they were getting healthy

But if you bet the Dogs it was you who become wealthy

Before the game Kitty was fiercely growling and his sharp claws Un-retracted

He is now wailing in anguish with those claws now redacted

Now it’s on to the Friars and not to be terse , because when we defrock them I’ll owe another verse
The Friars dismissed with some trepidation.
Up next the regular season champs who will be no vacation
You heard it here first requiring just a bit of little luck
The Golden Eagles feathers I’m sure we will pluck
If I’m wrong I’ll require a dirge and a hearse but I know I’m correct so I’ll write another verse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89
Top Bottom