The Athletic: UConn’s post-James Bouknight era begins with everyone: ‘It’s not just on one man’s shoulders | The Boneyard

The Athletic: UConn’s post-James Bouknight era begins with everyone: ‘It’s not just on one man’s shoulders

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
UConn's post-James Bouknight era begins with everyone: 'It's not just on one man's shoulders'

The end of UConn’s season is on R.J. Cole’s mind all the time.

“I didn’t play anywhere near to where I was capable of playing in my opinion,” Cole says. “And then the way I finished the season — going out against Creighton and then coming back and not playing well against Maryland — that’s definitely been just burning behind my head.”

The season’s end was especially difficult for Cole who exited the Big East tournament semifinal loss against Creighton after a hard fall. While he returned for the NCAA Tournament to play in UConn’s first-round loss to Maryland, the image of coach Dan Hurley consoling Cole after the conference tournament encapsulated the disappointing finish. That Creighton game went down to the final seconds and Cole’s absence was huge, leaving the Huskies a bit unsettled. Players in the postgame locker room were stunned they didn’t play better.

Reaction Score
This article makes the frontcourt depth a little more clear. Akok is behind Whaley right now, but it sounds like Johnson is behind both of them. Sounds like Richie is the odd man out unless Johnson doesn't translate his work in practice to games.

Hurley concerned with Akok's shooting. 26% isn't going to cut it if we want to make a splash in the post-season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22
Top Bottom