The Almanac 2023 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Almanac 2023

Reaction Score
WOW! I don't even want to post it here because I don't even want to dignify the blatant attempt to start crap by him with publicity.

Reaction Score
Whats Funny about this…and not saying you FriarJ, is how many Providence fans fell in love with the narrative of “Cooley is Hurleys Daddy” because of the URI days and the 1-3 start Hurley had with UConn against PC.

And now the reality is, Hurley is who Cooley so badly wants to be and even looks up to.

Reaction Score
Nah wont do that to you. He did you guys real dirty and should fry for it

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

The guy has made me actually want to root for Providence in that return to the Dunk. I'd imagine I'm not the only UConn fan that feels that way. Tells you all you need to know.

Reaction Score
The guy has made me actually want to root for Providence in that return to the Dunk. I'd imagine I'm not the only UConn fan that feels that way. Tells you all you need to know.
I'm rooting for Georgetown because the Friar meltdown would be hilarious

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't get the hate for Cooley. Was it like this when Pitino left? Or Gillen? Or Barnes? He's just next in long line of guys came to PC for a few years, had some success and left for greener pastures. Now what's so different about Cooley?

Reaction Score
I don't get the hate for Cooley. Was it like this when Pitino left? Or Gillen? Or Barnes? He's just next in long line of guys came to PC for a few years, had some success and left for greener pastures. Now what's so different about Cooley?
I think it's that he appeared to quit midseason on a team that had a shot to make a real run (relative to PC) in March

Reaction Score
He's also a born and bred Providence guy, so that added to their perception that he would not leave, let alone to an in-conference rival after negotiating during the season. Plus just his behavior in leaving and how he handled it after it was announced was antithetical to his rhetoric.

Reaction Score
The guy absolutely sucks. I like having a true villain in the conference who one team hates with the passion of a thousand suns.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
His comments about UConn fans and the beer excuses really exasperated his New England hate. Once a guy beloved in the area is now a villain, you sorta hate to see it.

Reaction Score
Yeah...but you guys are so used to losing that it doesn't phase you at all. Your program has a history full of losers and losing. Meanwhile UConn has a history of winners and winning.

Reaction Score
I’m surprised they have karaban as our 5th best player. Don’t think that’s likely to hold true.

Will be an interesting year for Alex - he was just so perfect as the 4th scorer last year. He could cherry pick open shots, was efficient with mismatches, clutch player.

But this year he will definitely be a focus of scouting. I could see him really elevating his usage and getting to 13-15 ppg this year but will likely lose some efficiency. Or, if Tristan/Clingan/Castle/Spencer play to expectations he could end up in a similarish role to last year.

I don't know which is more likely but definitely both could happen!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom