The Action Network -- UConn 1 Win | The Boneyard

The Action Network -- UConn 1 Win

Reaction Score
I'm giving Randy at least 3 years, just as I would any coach. Given the mess left by the stupid twins and Red Pants, it reasonable to expect longer than that to turn things around.
I'm a big supporter of the football program. Have season tickets and watch every game. But if we only win 1 game with no improvement then I will probably be done

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
PS - I'm seeing Ashley Madison ads today...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm a big supporter of the football program. Have season tickets and watch every game. But if we only win 1 game with no improvement then I will probably be done
I hear you. Last 7 years have been tough. Still given the mess he has to clean up, 2 years might be too big an expectation. One win would be bad, though. Realistically, I think we are going to have another three win season. How many wins would do you expect/want for this year?

Reaction Score
I hear you. Last 7 years have been tough. Still given the mess he has to clean up, 2 years might be too big an expectation. One win would be bad, though. Realistically, I think we are going to have another three win season. How many wins would do you expect/want for this year?
3 would be fine. But I want to see improvement

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Whaler writes for a gambling site? Makes a lot of sense three times over.

As far as free gambling previews go Collin Wilson is pretty decent.

He is the second gambling analyst I’ve seen in a week that has them as a dog in all 11 FBS games.

But by all means don’t let them get in the way of making plans for a bowl game.

I saw someone had them as a 32 pt dog to Boise. Should be a good time going into URI if the gamblers are right.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
If we go 1-11 do we start saying the RE experiment failed?

I don't think so. He's still got a couple more seasons to transition the remaining Diaco recruits out of the program. You can't fairly judge any head coach that inherited a mess like this one until years four and five, although a one win season in year two would be tough to take.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't think so. He's still got a couple more seasons to transition the remaining Diaco recruits out of the program. You can't fairly judge any head coach that inherited a mess like this one until years four and five, although a one win season in year two would be tough to take.
Here's the thing when the lack of talent forces you to play a kid who would be better off red-shirting you are sacrificing the future. Football is a big ship and takes awhile to change directions.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think it depends on what we see from the kids Edsall brought in. If they go 2-10 but there are RS and TFr who are promising that’s ok. Diaco’s recruiting left them in a position where they really can’t compete when he classes represent the upperclassmen.

Reaction Score
I think it depends on what we see from the kids Edsall brought in. If they go 2-10 but there are RS and TFr who are promising that’s ok. Diaco’s recruiting left them in a position where they really can’t compete when he classes represent the upperclassmen.

I understand everything you guys are saying.

When do we hit the point of diminishing returns though? 3 wins his first year back, drop it to 2 or 1 the second year....I can be patient but is that going to attract student athletes or do they need to see a steady increase in wins each year to think the ship is heading in the right direction?

I am going to caveat all this with I was bitter that RE left the way he did and I did not want to see him back....but I am going to forgive him...still doesn't mean I don't want to see Ws.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
2-10 likely. Rhody and some sad sack AAC team that has given up late in the year.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I understand everything you guys are saying.

When do we hit the point of diminishing returns though? 3 wins his first year back, drop it to 2 or 1 the second year....I can be patient but is that going to attract student athletes or do they need to see a steady increase in wins each year to think the ship is heading in the right direction?

I am going to caveat all this with I was bitter that RE left the way he did and I did not want to see him back....but I am going to forgive him...still doesn't mean I don't want to see Ws.

You describe my own take on Edsall perfectly, YF. I agree it's going to get tougher to convince any good quality recruits to take the plunge if the W totals regress any further. However, it's difficult to see it as anything less than a five year Edsall plan no matter what, because he's working cheap. Even if anybody wanted him gone before that, what caliber of coach can you get for that salary?

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
PS - I'm seeing Ashley Madison ads today...

I’m getting ads offering me Chinese wives (which is kind of funny because I already have a Chinese-American one).

I’ll take the over on 1 win, the under on 3.5...

Reaction Score
We should be improving throughout the year as we fly under the radar. I’d rather listen to players not pundits.This team has greater team cohesiveness and personal accountability. I’m betting “over” 3 wins. And the UCF opener will be much closer than predicted. I’m taking UConn and the points.

Reaction Score
Need to win at least 3 and be competitive in 5 or 6 others. Man it's hard to get excited after 7 years of losing badly and knowing that the first 2 games this year are likely to be solid drubbings. However if we can finally obliterate an FCS team in week 3 I will feel somewhat better for a while. Look out URI - we've got you, peewee.

Reaction Score
Need to win at least 3 and be competitive in 5 or 6 others. Man it's hard to get excited after 7 years of losing badly and knowing that the first 2 games this year are likely to be solid drubbings. However if we can finally obliterate an FCS team in week 3 I will feel somewhat better for a while. Look out URI - we've got you, peewee.
If you feel confident about obliterating an FCS team, you haven’t been paying attention. I’ll (happily) believe it when I see it.

Reaction Score
If you feel confident about obliterating an FCS team, you haven’t been paying attention. I’ll (happily) believe it when I see it.

Didn't say I felt confident. And I have been paying attention, painful as that has been over these last 7 seasons. But IF we can smoke URI by 4 or 5 TDs I will take it as a small sign we are improving, given our recent performances against FCS opponents.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom