The AAC UConn and the Old BE teams that left | The Boneyard

The AAC UConn and the Old BE teams that left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Fans are saying that the new conference will hurt UConn and their recruiting. Well UConns roster plus their incoming class next season (Gabby Sadie Courtney and Kia) and with what Geno said he thinks he gets the top 4/5 in 2015 ( Durr Samuelson Brown Collier and Boykin) well that takes UConn out another 6 seasons. Thats plenty of time to get the AAC up to speed and competeing with UConn much like the old BE. Thats if UConn stays in the AAC.

Now without UConn setting the pace in the league how will that effect ND LVille RU and some of the other teams that competed with UConn? Will those teams bring their leagues up or will their leagues continue to do what they're doing and those former BE teams lose ground?

From what I see UConn is going to be tops for a very long time. Their team will be built on top guard play just like this season and thats what wins championships. Durr is the best guard in her class and said to be one of the best ever. Play her with some of the other talented guards UConn has and is bringing in and thats awesome. With their bigs UConn is still the team to beat for the next few years. Just some of my thoughts while looking ahead.

Reaction Score
I know you're generally an optimist, but it's YEAR ONE of the new conference. I don't think anyone expected UConn to go from first to worst overnight because of the conference change. As long as they get as much media exposure as they do, and Geno sticks around, they will be fine. If they are still in this conference in 5-10 years, it will be a slow decline that accelerates after the face and personality of the team retires.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I think you guys are both 100% correct! I hope a conference chg happens sooner for Kevin Ollie and the men's team especially!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I think you guys are both 100% correct! I hope a conference chg happens sooner for Kevin Ollie and the men's team especially!
Except at this point the men's side of the AAC has more strength than the women's side, with next year's Cinci, Memphis, and SMU at least around to provide tough competition. With the women's side, there will need to be a big move up from teams trying to get to UConn's level and learning by playing the Huskies.

Reaction Score
The Big East, before UConn became a power, wasn't one of the top conferences. As UConn got better, so did the other teams in the conference until the Big East was one of, if not THE, best. Yes, starting over stinks. But, I believe over the next few years many of our new AAC sisterhood teams will improve a little more each year by virtue of playing UConn on a regular basis.

I also happen to believe that the hiring of Coach Diaco for football gives UConn the best possible chance to position themselves for the next round of conference realignment that will inevitably take place.

Wow! Who slipped the optimism potion into my coffee this morning?

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Except at this point the men's side of the AAC has more strength than the women's side, with next year's Cinci, Memphis, and SMU at least around to provide tough competition. With the women's side, there will need to be a big move up from teams trying to get to UConn's level and learning by playing the Huskies.
Great point DR- It seams we could caught short again in near future if we don't move though.

Reaction Score
Fans are saying that the new conference will hurt UConn and their recruiting. Well UConns roster plus their incoming class next season (Gabby Sadie Courtney and Kia) and with what Geno said he thinks he gets the top 4/5 in 2015 ( Durr Samuelson Brown Collier and Boykin) well that takes UConn out another 6 seasons. Thats plenty of time to get the AAC up to speed and competeing with UConn much like the old BE. Thats if UConn stays in the AAC.

Now without UConn setting the pace in the league how will that effect ND LVille RU and some of the other teams that competed with UConn? Will those teams bring their leagues up or will their leagues continue to do what they're doing and those former BE teams lose ground?

From what I see UConn is going to be tops for a very long time. Their team will be built on top guard play just like this season and thats what wins championships. Durr is the best guard in her class and said to be one of the best ever. Play her with some of the other talented guards UConn has and is bringing in and thats awesome. With their bigs UConn is still the team to beat for the next few years. Just some of my thoughts while looking ahead.

I think you are misinterpreting the comment in the article regarding the visits of the 2015 recruits a little bit. I never read where it says he thinks he will get the top 4/5 recruits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom