That hurt | Page 4 | The Boneyard

That hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Blew it in the 2nd half. Bazz took some bad shots, but he seemed to be the only aggressive one in 2nd. Kromah & Giffey were aggressive in the first half, but in the 2nd half, no one else stepped up. Kromah was a layup machine in the first half.

Brimah was solid. Thought he had more rebounds & blocks than given credit for. His last foul was bogus, thankfully Cinci missed both foul shots. Wish he got more lobs near the rim, since he seems to be solid there. Oh well...
LOTS of bogus calls on our bigs. Nolan wasn't allowed to breathe. Cinci fouls were all well-deserved.

Reaction Score
LOTS of bogus calls on our bigs. Nolan wasn't allowed to breathe. Cinci fouls were all well-deserved.

I honestly have no idea what's a foul anymore and what isn't. Particularly in the backcourt. But I'd be curious to know the basis for that fourth foul on Brimah, the loose ball foul.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I honestly have no idea what's a foul anymore and what isn't. Particularly in the backcourt. But I'd be curious to know the basis for that fourth foul on Brimah, the loose ball foul.
The basis is the ref blew the whistle and was going to call a jump ball but realized the ball had squirted out and had to call something. He decided that would be a foul on Brimah. Ridiculous.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The basis is the ref blew the whistle and was going to call a jump ball but realized the ball had squirted out and had to call something. He decided that would be a foul on Brimah. Ridiculous.
Yes, that was ridiculous. I was apoplectic, but then they missed both free throws. I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit that, based solely on reading posts on this board, I yelled "Ball don't lie!" when he missed the second one. My daughter was horrified.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
The 2nd foul on Phil Nolan might as well have been called against Sarah Michelle Gellar. The two were about equally involved in committing a foul on that play.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
All I am saying is that I don't see the factual support for the conclusion that there is "no doubt" that we are the better team. I think we have a very good chance of beating them next time, but I still believe they are the better team based on what I've seen to date. I believe we are still improving, but to the extent that Bazz still hasn't figured out how to rise above adversity and lead his team to win even on his off nights, that is somewhat troubling in terms of our post-season prospects imo.

I'm still offering the bet

If NG did great filling in for DD, is 10 points and 4 rebounds great? I would prefer to take my chances with the erratic DD and that is not meant to slight NG but he is not a play maker. We also had to play OC about 14 minutes. That wouldn't have been necessary as NG could have had those minutes.
I also think home court advantage is a benefit. So yeah, I believe Uconn is the better team because we played w/o our second best(?) player out, our best player playing pretty bad on their court and their star had a great game and we still should have won.

Reaction Score
Yes, that was ridiculous. I was apoplectic, but then they missed both free throws. I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit that, based solely on reading posts on this board, I yelled "Ball don't lie!" when he missed the second one. My daughter was horrified.
Haha, I yell ball don't lie every time in that situation....thanks Rasheed

Reaction Score
Haha, I yell ball don't lie every time in that situation....thanks Rasheed

Gary Maxwell, the ref, threatened to kick me out of the Barclays Center when I yelled it after Maryland missed the first free throw after Shabazz's bull____ technical. One of the other refs rolled his eyes and apologized to me.

Reaction Score
I thought the voted POY after season, do we not see Cinci again?
It was a tough loss but that is a real tough place to play and Cinci will say UCONN played them the toughest
We left too many points at the ft line, missed 4 breakaway layups and the palming call as well as the breakaway where Giffs whiffed at the ball and Boat gave up were critical plays
Good point about Bazz having another crack at going head to head against Kilpatrick. What does not bode well for Bazz is that Cincy is in great shape to win the AAC, making it an easier path to take the conference POY.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
These road games are difficult. Without a starter and Boat getting pretty beat up twice hurt us too. Need to come out strong tomorrow. Cincy at home should be a great game.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Ollie isn't a demanding coach? So when Giffey went halfheartedly after a loose ball and Ollie reamed him out, what was he doing then? And I'm not sure how you didn't notice Boat getting pulled for his mistakes yesterday, he definitely got pulled when he was unaware of the D around him and had the ball poked out from him in the open floor. You consistently post out of your ass to the point where I don't even think you believe the stuff you post.
He's a very demanding coach without a doubt. He's just a little more patient and flexible than JC whose patience was very limited. Additionally KO became less patient and flexible as the season progressed. JC actually was more demanding earlier in seasona.

KO is a little more discerning than JC when it comes to mistakes. Not every mistake leads to a quick hook. Furthermore he has a slight variation to how he reprimands players. JC was all or none with most players although there was a time most of us commented that players in his doghouse did not any leeway while his stars could repeat their mistakes several times before he would take them out. The middle of the pack was given the same treatment. They were on a short leash.

When it comes to defense or intensity of playing KO is exactly like JC. There are no excuses for these shortcomings.

Both coaches are intense and demanding. Just slight variations on how they approach things.

Reaction Score
Biggest shot may have been by the Cincy guard down the stretch going to the hole out of control and banked in a 10 foot brick somehow, that hurt. That was a throw but his prayers were answered……..Huskies played good D on that set.

Reaction Score
I like KO, but I don't put him on a pedestal like most of the people on here. He has the potential to be a good coach, but right now he's an average coach.

He has done a good job with rebounding thus far, but you can't give him all the credit. We've seen Brimah get better every game throughout the season. He's a players coach that lets his guards run the show. But you cannot say he isn't an in-your-face demanding coach. You'd be lying to yourself.
I've been critical of Ollie a lot, but an average coach? Nah.

He's coached exactly one definite NBA player, and he has a 37-15 career record so far (with almost half those games coming in the Big East). He's definitely above average.

Last edited:

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I've been critical of Ollie a lot, but an average coach? Nah.

He's coached exactly one definite NBA player, and he has a 37-15 career record so far (with almost half those games coming in the Big East). He's definitely above average.
I guess I was being a bit too critical. He has done a nice job thus far, but some things in game make me scratch my head. Probably will fix themselves with experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom