That D | The Boneyard

That D

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm just doubling down hard on recency bias, but the D during the tourney run and especially last night was simply suffocating. A very good SDSU team got very few good looks over 40 minutes.

Massive congrats to Coach Hurley for building a sustainable great program. So happy that Alleyne and Joey C. got to star in supporting roles, and Tristen was immense with 19, 10, and 4. Total team victory. Perhaps my favorite of all five.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
They really whipped it out.
I was going to write we pressed them hard and really got into their face. But after this the intent comes out all wrong. Good one!

Reaction Score
The defense was suffocating. Great recognition of when to hedge and when to drop. Great help defense from everybody, and outstanding individual efforts. We prevented them from running any real sets, and they pretty much had to rely on late clock isolations.

They weren't really up to the task. They kept going after Sanogo in Clingan in the post, not sure why. Maybe trying to get them in foul trouble? We knew what to expect from Andre and Alleyne guarding the perimeter but great efforts by Hawkins, Newton, and Joey to play solid individual defense to force them into tough shots all night

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom