Texas vs TCU | The Boneyard

Texas vs TCU

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Anyone watching this? TCU up by 5, 50-45 with 4:41 in the 3rd.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I just turned this game on. It's on foxsportsgo

Live

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Yes and I immediately Came on here to see who else. You’re a good man JordyG!

Last edited:

JordyG

Reaction Score
Yes and I immediately Cameron here to see who else. You’re a good man JordyG!
Thank you. I've sent an affidavit to you for you to sign so I can send copies to my bank and landlord. And my recent ex.

JordyG

Reaction Score
TCU has been packing the paint and daring Texas to beat them outside.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Meanwhile Ramirez as a sophomore doesn't seem to have expanded her game. She still sees herself solely as a knock down shooter, doesn't create off the dribble or hit the boards.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Texas on the other hand has been forced to change their defensive looks in order to slow down TCU's pace on offense. End of the 3rd, TCU 60-57.

Plebe

Reaction Score
TCU is not an easy out at home. But man, Texas just does not take advantage of its talent. Ever since that epic debacle at Tennessee, I've taken a really dim view of their ability to execute and make good decisions.

JordyG

Reaction Score
TCU is not an easy out at home. But man, Texas just does not take advantage of its talent. Ever since that epic debacle at Tennessee, I've taken a really dim view of their ability to execute and make good decisions.
Tonight it's really been their lack of confidence in their perimeter game. Also Moore has been defensively tough on offense and defense. Now that Joyner is back expect to see Boothe buried on the bench even further.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Tonight it's really been their lack of confidence in their perimeter game. Also Moore has been defensively tough on offense and defense. Now that Joyner is back expect to see Boothe buried on the bench even further.
By perimeter game do you mean outside shooting? Texas has generally not been a team of sharpshooters. More adept at slashing and midrange game.

JordyG

Reaction Score
By perimeter game do you mean outside shooting? Texas has generally not been a team of sharpshooters. More adept at slashing and midrange game.
Yep.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Atkins and Higgs have really been saving Texas. Atkins with a big 10-footer to give TX the lead with 38 secs left.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Well I spoke too soon. TCU with a huge 3-pointer to take a 2-point lead, and then Higgs drives, gets blocked, and is last to touch the ball on its way out of bounds. It's being reviewed but will surely be TCU ball. Texas will now have to foul or get a steal.

Edit: They overturned and gave the ball to Texas. Huge break for the Longhorns. Texas needs a bucket, down 2.

Reaction Score
TCU wins 79-77. I didn't see the game. Holmes with 2 points, Boothe DNP??

Plebe

Reaction Score
Ray of TCU drives and gets fouled by Atkins and makes both free throws.

With 6 seconds on the clock and Texas needing 2 to tie, Higgs misses a 3-pointer. Ball game.

Texas is just not a great team, period. This game wasn't as ugly as the Tennessee one, but many of the same problems that were exposed in that game continue to plague them.

TCU's best win before this game was Alabama, and they had taken losses to Yale and Kansas. They seem like a pretty talented team, though. We might hear more from them this season.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Thank you. I've sent an affidavit to you for you to sign so I can send copies to my bank and landlord. And my recent ex.
Bank and landlord, no problem, send it, as for the ex, nothing I can sign, say or do will absolve that. As Bags would probably add here: “Hell hath No fury like a women scorned”. Sorry my friend...:(

JordyG

Reaction Score
For years I've been a big Karen Aston fan. This loss tonight has me rethinking my admiration for her as a coach. Brenda Frese is notorious (to me) for disparaging UConn's success by saying (and I paraphrase) "It's easy to win when you get the talent". Well, last year Brenda's team spit the bit and during the off season her talent jumped off the Brenda pregame speech bandwagon. Aston is once again showing that talent doesn't equal championships. Tonight was as much a misuse of her talent as has said Plebe.

This team plays like a bunch of rudderless strangers. Where is the execution, the discipline, the fearlessness, the willingness to sell out on every play? Where is the conditioning? What is their offensive approach? What's their team identity? We are midway through the season and this obviously talented team plays like a collective bunch of freshmen. No wonder they lost to an even more undisciplined team of freshmen like Tennessee that was fearless and wanted it more. They look like a team ready to be bounced in the first round of the tourney to a far less talented team who's willing to execute and sell out. This is all on Aston, not the players.

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
This team plays as a bunch of rudderless strangers.

A perfect phrasing. It occurred to me when I was watching the Tennessee-Texas game that neither team even looked like they had ever played together before, much less received any coaching. Like it was the very first time they were on the same court together and someone just rolled the ball out there and told them to play.

Texas *still* had trouble inbounding the ball at a key moment in crunch time. And that's just one example. It's just baffling.

JordyG

Reaction Score
A perfect phrasing. It occurred to me when I was watching the Tennessee-Texas game that neither team even looked like they had ever played together before, much less received any coaching. Like it was the very first time they were on the same court together and someone just rolled the ball out there and told them to play.

Texas *still* had trouble inbounding the ball at a key moment in crunch time. And that's just one example. It's just baffling.
Funnily enough White used that bounce it off the opposing player ploy on the inbounds that failed 3x against Tenn, and it succeeded against TCU. It shows you really how much this team still has a playground mentality.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Funnily enough White used that bounce it off the opposing player ploy on the inbounds that failed 3x against Tenn, and it succeeded against TCU. It shows you really how much this team still has a playground mentality.
It was actually Atkins tonight (on the play I'm remembering) and on most of the occasions at Tennessee. But yeah. I don't think it was even her fault; her teammates didn't execute whatever play they were supposed to be running and she had no one to throw it to. I have never seen a high-level team be so inept at running simple inbound plays.

Reaction Score
I really just scratch my head. After seeing how good they were last year and then not losing a whole lot and yet get...worse? They have so much talent and I just don't get it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom