Texas Christian @ Texas (25) - 1/03/20 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Texas Christian @ Texas (25) - 1/03/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I am not particularly a fan of Texas, but I do not like the way the refs gave this game to TCU. Two plays stood out for me: First, early in the game, Collier is going for a rebound, a TCU player goes over her back and lands on top of her and Collier is called for the foul. She leaves the game with foul trouble. Second, Taylor, near the end of the game, is bounced between two TCU players, one of whom hits her in the face, and Taylor is called for the foul. It fouls her out. Overall, I think the referees did a very poor job with this very physical game.
I do usually root for Texas (family in the area that does) although I'm not a fan of the coach and I'm no fan of TCU (but like their coach) - so I was fairly neutral.

I agree on the play near the end of the game , I thought it was odd, I don't remember the other. In general, however, the calls didn't seem particularly an issue.

It was a decent game to watch.

Reaction Score
I am not particularly a fan of Texas, but I do not like the way the refs gave this game to TCU. Two plays stood out for me: First, early in the game, Collier is going for a rebound, a TCU player goes over her back and lands on top of her and Collier is called for the foul. She leaves the game with foul trouble. Second, Taylor, near the end of the game, is bounced between two TCU players, one of whom hits her in the face, and Taylor is called for the foul. It fouls her out. Overall, I think the referees did a very poor job with this very physical game.
You are way out out of line here. It is the referee's responsibility to protect players from injury, which is why the refs call against Taylor was appropriate. It is about time that referees began to protect basketball vital areas like players knuckles and elbow joints from the thuggish assaults of the other players', (none basketball essential) faces in a blatant effort to injure and take them out of the game.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Some refereeing insight I noticed in the last two nights.
In two games that I watched, WS/UConn and DePaul/Providence, it was discussed at halftime how in each game the one team was the recipient of the foul calls and I believe in each case, one of the teams hadn't attempted hardly any FTs while the other team had attempted double digits.
However in the second half, that team started having fouls called on them with plenty of "in the same area code" type calls. So I believe that the refs are privy to the game stats at the half and adjust accordingly.
And BTW, it seems especially odd that Meg fouled out in less than 6 minutes of game time vs. WS. She got called for her first with about 2 minutes to go in the 3rd and fouled out before the 6 minute mark of the 4th quarter. Verrrrry strange indeed.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I was rooting for TCU - didn't notice the refs as being particularly bad one way or the other, but as a non-passionate fan, I was not as focused on it as maybe some others (or I just didn't pay enough attention!). Either way nice win for TCU.

I know Joyner Holmes has gotten some heat from fans on here, and while she's one of those kids who I think could REALLY have benefited from playing under Geno (or Tara or even Muffet), I was impressed with her. Big girl, moves well, has a nice touch, and tries hard. Not a fan of her uber-long fake eyelashes, but other than that, I was impressed. Still needs to get in better shape, but then I remember Kaili McLaren, who never seemed to get fit while at UCONN. I guess diet and fitness isn't for everyone...

That kid from TCU is fearless (actually they had a couple players with lots of effort). The announcers said they just missed out on the NCAA's last year so the HC beefed up the OOC schedule. Kudos to her. This was an important game. They got up about 8-10 points late, but Texas made a big run towards the end.

With all the top name talent Texas has, it's a game they should have rolled in. Off the top of my head I can name 4 Texas starters without looking, and that's not something I can say for most other top 25 teams, never mind non top 25.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom