Texas at Tennessee (merged thread) | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Texas at Tennessee (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
huge win for my team tonight. Nared is a beast and is one of the toughest players to ever wear orange. she is scared of NOTHING. sloppy game but i'll take a W over the #2 team (regardless of whether folks think they are the "real" #2 or not)
I'm not much of a Vols fan, but have like Nared for the last couple of years--Russell too has caught my attention---Who is the guy with Holly, doing a lot of talking in the huddle? Congratulation Tenn Nation any time your team walks away with the W is a good day. I wold have put the ball in Nared's hands on each position from the 40 second mark down---she knew how to use it. Holly had me more than a bit confused with all the timeouts in the last 40 second--one should have done the trick--don't foul, be careful with the ball, rebound (carefully), play tight unfouling defense--??

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It reminded me of when I used to coach pee-wee basketball. Run down the floor, dribble and shoot. I was not surprised to see Tennessee play that way, but was shocked, shocked at the lack of organized offense by Texas. Will have to say, though, both teams got LOTS of rebounds! (Also, WAY too much hair on both sides!)

Perhaps Aston should call Harry Perretta. Maybe it will stick with her club.

Reaction Score
LV9 Congratulations!!! I have always been a HUGE Nared fan..... she can play on my team anytime.... good luck the rest of the way
As I said it already. Nared is the only one I really like ...in this game

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
And Tennessee got hosed by those refs. Easily the worst officiated game (men's or women's) I've seen this year. Tennessee looks legit this year, but I'm still not convinced that Holly can get you back to the Final 4. Texas seems very over-rated, while Tennessee seems very under-rated. Congrats on the W.
How did Tennessee get hosed by the refs? Texas was called for 29 fouls and had 3 key players foul out.

Reaction Score
huge win for my team tonight. Nared is a beast and is one of the toughest players to ever wear orange. she is scared of NOTHING. sloppy game but i'll take a W over the #2 team (regardless of whether folks think they are the "real" #2 or not)

I really like Nared's game. Feels like she's been the heart and soul of UT the past few years.

Reaction Score
How did Tennessee get hosed by the refs? Texas was called for 29 fouls and had 3 key players foul out.

There were quite a few egregious out-of-bounds calls by the refs in the final 5 minutes. And give me a break on that "taunting" T...

Let the young women decide it on the court.

Reaction Score
The refs allow Tenn to tip a ball for Texas .....

Reaction Score
Hard to believe Texas was ranked at all, never mind #2. Not exactly scintillating basketball, but whenever I think of criticizing, I think back to the first half of a certain national championship game. One suggestion for broadcasters: for various reasons, certain coaches should not wear microphones.

Reaction Score
one comment on scheduling. i don't think comparing UCONN and TN's schedule is as easy as some people think. TN plays in the SEC. UCONN plays in the AAC. there is no reason for Holly to schedule a crazy hard OOC schedule. UCONN has to schedule tough games in the
LV9 Congratulations!!! I have always been a HUGE Nared fan..... she can play on my team anytime.... good luck the rest of the way
thanks bud! she's a good one. hope she gets a good shot in the pros.

Reaction Score
Texas got most of the calls for them in the first half and Tennessee got them in the second half. There was a lot of hacking in the lane that went uncalled for both teams. Only thing questionable is some of the out of bounds calls that went Texas way.

Reaction Score
Before the game, I honestly did not believe TN was up to the challenge of facing TX at this point in the season, but the Vols proved me wrong and deserve credit for a nice win.

With that said, I was shocked at how badly TX played. I thought their senior guards would control the game and they didn’t, even before they lost Atkins. What was worse was how badly their post players were completely overwhelmed by TN. If Holmes comes back after Jan 1, that should help, but that probably isn’t enough to correct their problems in the paint.

Early in this thread I suggested that Kim Mulkey will sleep very well tonight. I also believe Kalani Brown & Lauren Cox are salivating over the thought of dominating the Longhorns inside.
Neither of those teams should be considered top 10 teams, badly coached, and both teams have talent to be better.

Reaction Score
Tenn. wins because Texas is really bad.
But I do admit Tenn. is better than Texas in hair.

I may just have never noticed but today's game was the first time I've noticed players actually touching up their hair while they were dribbling the ball..............both teams..........

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Unless she is hurt, just think, Texas played without the best player in women's basketball, in her opinion. Is she still on the team? I don't mean Holmes. By the way, the comments in this thread are some of the funniest I have ever read on a message board.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
\'

92--74 Texas at home. McCarty won't be handicapped\\

\
Texas won't be this push over for Uconn. Nor is UTn as good as some may think. Too many missed shots, sloppy ball handling by both teams--yet we cannot put the precision expectations of Uconn on other teams. This game was truly a game for Tx to lose--i.e. they had the lead in the 4th until poor ball handling and foul trouble caused Tx problems. @oldude-your pre game beliefs were accurate--who could predict the quality of this game?\
Kim Mulkey may sleep well tonight--but there are sleepless nights in her future from TX
While I assume that TX will play better in Austin than they did in Knoxville, they are light years away from being able to play with UConn right now. I had thought TX & SC would be the last major regular season challenges for UConn. After tonight, only SC gives me any cause for concern.

Reaction Score
Oh c’mon, UT could’ve played lights out and you chumps would still find something to down us about. Yes, I know this is UCONN’s Board, but you guys come on volnation trolling everyday!

I've never posted anything on Volnation but if you could just be perfectly honest about your team's performances over the past few years, how many good things could we possibly have said? I'm very intrigued by the freshmen and will be watching to see how they perform as you get into the heat of conference play.........if they are as good as advertised I will certainly mention it here.............

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
The really sad thing if Texas loses is Tenn will think they are a top 10 team...
They will be. If Texas is the second best team, then certainly Tennessee should be in the top 10. They can't help but think that.

Reaction Score
While I assume that TX will play better in Austin than they did in Knoxville, they are light years away from being able to play with UConn right now. I had thought TX & SC would be the last major regular season challenges for UConn. After tonight, only SC gives me any cause for concern.

Texas was really off today and they are missing one of the best young front court players in the nation............I expect they will look like a different team by the time they play UConn but I'd be more then happy if they weren't.........next year they bring in a big infusion of talent and should e very competitive in the future

Reaction Score
Texas was really off today and they are missing one of the best young front court players in the nation..I expect they will look like a different team by the time they play UConn but I'd be more then happy if they weren't....next year they bring in a big infusion of talent and should e very competitive in the future

Hmmmmm, I'm too lazy to flip through the years but I'm thinking that this has been the popular sentiment voiced about these Astin led teams for the last few years now. She's a recruiting machine but the product does seem a bit less than the parts.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Texas was really off today and they are missing one of the best young front court players in the nation..I expect they will look like a different team by the time they play UConn but I'd be more then happy if they weren't....next year they bring in a big infusion of talent and should e very competitive in the future
You may well be correct, but one player can’t make that big a difference. Consider UConn’s effort without Lou & Gabby vs ND.

As for next year’s Longhorn team, they’ll lose their starting backcourt, so we’ll have to see.

Reaction Score
Hard to believe Texas was ranked at all, never mind #2. Not exactly scintillating basketball, but whenever I think of criticizing, I think back to the first half of a certain national championship game. One suggestion for broadcasters: for various reasons, certain coaches should not wear microphones.
If there ever was a game where the coaches were mic'ed, it should have been the ND-UConn game. Instead, this game had mics and it made it more comical listening to the coaches trying to coach in this game. This was a terrible game to be on national television, between the #2 and #11 teams. I made my roommates watch last Sundays game and this Sundays game with me. To say the least, I watched the second half in my room because it was too embarrassing to make my roommates watch such a game. Curiosity definitely killed whatever cat ran across this game.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Oh c’mon, UT could’ve played lights out and you chumps would still find something to down us about. Yes, I know this is UCONN’s Board, but you guys come on volnation trolling everyday!

Why don't you wait until some game when they DO play lights out, and then come back over and see what we have to say about it?

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
Easy basket for Russell on the breakaway... well that is because on the last two Texas possessions she barely made it over half court.
That happened twice and neither time did Texas take advantage of her not being on defense. A player stopped and shot a jumper and missed and the ball was rebounded by Tennessee and passed down court to Russell.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
And Tennessee got hosed by those refs. Easily the worst officiated game (men's or women's) I've seen this year. Tennessee looks legit this year, but I'm still not convinced that Holly can get you back to the Final 4. Texas seems very over-rated, while Tennessee seems very under-rated. Congrats on the W.

Hmmmm...."Tennessee got hosed by those refs".......

Yet 3 Texas starters fouled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01