Test #582B | The Boneyard

Test #582B

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
14..A collective noun that can also have an "s" added for a somewhat different meaning?

15..Brazilian Joao Teixeira de Faria calls himself..? And is now indicted for..?

16..Hits include Ten Commandments of Love, Sincerely, Starlight, In My Diary.

17..All albatrosses breed on _____ ______ and nearby islands.

18..Abbot & Costello's "Who's on First" is displayed in what flic?

19..Describe the near uniqueness of the Banyan tree.

20.._______tierra sonata por mi. Mi cantar se vuelve gitano.

21..Sinatra performed an English version of #20. What's the opening line?

22..Hitler was once jailed for his participation in the B___ H___ P_____.

23..Cui, Balakirev and the other members(?) of the Big 5 wanted to establish a national Russian sound.

24..Disney's first animated full length movie?

25..Who was Louis Washkansky?

Just another step on your road to enhanced wisdom.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
14. Swarm/swarms – band/bands – mass/masses etc.

19. It begins life as an epiphyte. It completely covers its host. It is pollinated by a specific wasp which needs the banyan’s figs for breeding. In terms of area covered the banyan tree may be the largest tree.

22. Beer hall putsch

24. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
14..People is plural for person. Peoples is plural for groups of people (nationalities, etc.)

17..I assume you're going for Midway Atoll, famous for having to scare away its gooney birds. But I assume that's just one species of albatross, since albatross breed all over the world, mostly in the Southern hemisphere.

19..Banyans are so cool! I assume Chief has seen the one at the Edison house in Ft. Myers. They're strangler figs, who sprout in live trees, send runners DOWN from their branches into the ground, and kill the host tree once they've established their own root systems. They can cover acres and provide great shade in hot climes.

24..Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
19..The tree drops arial roots down from it's branches for support. Once they read the ground they thicken to form additional trunk like structures. Excellent for supporting the weight of huge branches and for creating a tree than can withstand hurricane strength winds.

22.. Beer Hall Putsch.

24..Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
22. Beer Hall Putsch
25. Something to do with heart transplants. I think maybe the first recipient. If this is wrong, maybe the first artificial heart. In either case, think the Dr. was Michael deBakey (spelling?).

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
19..Yes, Big, I have seen that one. Now years ago the property that housed the circus museum in Sarasota gave the public access to its Banyan. Then banckuptcy led to a resort buying the property and sealing off the tree, so that only guests could enjoy it. Nowadays my location in east central Florida makes a Fort Myers trip too much of a haul.
In my mind I wish the gov't had declared this rarity a historical monument, so that folks could continue to
visit.
We can see all the redwoods we want, for their protected status that way;
Anyway you and Rocket have hit on the feature that leads to singularity, unlike some people we know who so often miss the point. Must be Karma.;)

Reaction Score
14. Gaggle
16. The Moonglows(A serious WAG)
19. It's a parasite
24. Steamboat Willie
25. Bobby Vinton

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
14..You have Big to thank for his clear example.

15..John Of God has been a popular evangelist, now exposed as a molester.

16..WAG or not VAUC, you hit it. Drive with more assuredness.

17..South Georgia, according to TV documentary.

18..The Nineties

22..Beer Hall Putsch it was known as. The Pinot Quartet still grouses over its early closing times.

23..See Ed4 for all things mid-19th Century.

24..The SVC 4some cite the slumbering Snowy.

25..Yes, Knights, you have the gist, but it happened under Dr. Christian Bernard in South Africa. Texan DeBakey became prominent in the US for the early days work too.
Louis lived 18 days with his borrowed organ.

This now we put this to sleep. perchance to dream.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom