Terrence Shannon Jr. reinstated | The Boneyard

Terrence Shannon Jr. reinstated

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Word is Bill Self has been helping him behind the scenes.

It’s Illinois they once had like three state governors go to prison for corruption and they also had the congressman and the stamps (Rustonkoski?). Point being the ruling came from a judge in Illinois. I am certain it was made without bias and according to established legal precedent. And I just remembered this is also the state that executed what could have been a number of innocent men admitted coerced confessions. In fact it was so bad they had to stop executions not sure if they started again. I moved out of the state in 2010. So nothing surprising to see here.

Reaction Score
It’s Illinois they once had like three state governors go to prison for corruption and they also had the congressman and the stamps (Rustonkoski?). Point being the ruling came from a judge in Illinois. I am certain it was made without bias and according to established legal precedent. And I just remembered this is also the state that executed what could have been a number of innocent men admitted coerced confessions. In fact it was so bad they had to stop executions not sure if they started again. I moved out of the state in 2010. So nothing surprising to see here.
Well, I can think of some states much nearer to us than Illinois where governors have gone to jail.

Reaction Score
So is the judge going to be picking the starters and telling people when to sub in? If Illinois really believed he shouldn't appear in games, they could just sit him.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

Hey, we've had our share of corrupt politicians

One's still serving, at least for a few more weeks

Reaction Score
So is the judge going to be picking the starters and telling people when to sub in? If Illinois really believed he shouldn't appear in games, they could just sit him.

I did not read the decision, but I'm assuming by the timing of it that it is more about getting his scholarship (and the relevant perks) than it is about playing time. A judge can't force Underwood to play the kid, but they can certainly force him to have on-campus housing, tutors, scholarships, etc. associated with being on the ball team.

Reaction Score
I did not read the decision, but I'm assuming by the timing of it that it is more about getting his scholarship (and the relevant perks) than it is about playing time. A judge can't force Underwood to play the kid, but they can certainly force him to have on-campus housing, tutors, scholarships, etc. associated with being on the ball team.
He's going to play. From what I've heard Illinois and Bill Self have been working behind the scenes on Shannon's behalf.

Reaction Score
He's going to play. From what I've heard Illinois and Bill Self have been working behind the scenes on Shannon's behalf.
What interest would Self have? A mid-year transfer to Kansas?

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Illinois was working to get a restraining order against itself?

Reaction Score
They were working behind the scenes on Shannon's behalf.

I haven't followed this case but that doesn't really make any sense. The University is the defendant that is restrained and enjoined from continuing his suspension. They opposed his application for injunctive relief. If they were working behind the scenes on his behalf why didn't they just not suspend him in the first place?

Reaction Score
Shannon had 16 in his return today in a blowout of Rutgers.

Gavin Griffiths barely plays anymore, he made a mistake going there.

Reaction Score
Shannon had 16 in his return today in a blowout of Rutgers.

Gavin Griffiths barely plays anymore, he made a mistake going there.
And does he get burn with the class they got coming in next year?

Reaction Score
First Miller and now this. I know there’s a lot of money involved in CBB, but is morality and ethics really gone in college sports?

Reaction Score
Imagine Shannon stole a laptop? The opposing fanbases should absolutely let loose on Illinois.

Reaction Score
First Miller and now this. I know there’s a lot of money involved in CBB, but is morality and ethics really gone in college sports?

Fully gone? No. Situationally applied? Absol-freakin'-lutely!

That should be the part that pisses us all off the most. "The rules are for thee, but not for me"

Reaction Score
Oy vey. Shannon returning to the court has nothing to do with a lack of morality and ethics.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
In the big time theatre of sports? Yep.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well, I can think of some states much nearer to us than Illinois where governors have gone to jail.
Lol Rowland's big crime was that he paid less than fair market value for renovation work than his house. He's not exactly Al Capone. In fact, he'd probably be the most honest politician in New Jersey.... and eligible for canonization in Illinois.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom