Tennessee parts ways with Kellie (Jolly) Harper [merged thread]

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
They went from a HC in Warlick who recruited gangbusters but couldn't teach, to a HC in Jolly who couldn't recruit OR teach. Some Duke fans are worried. Kara is on the board of Trustees for Tennessee. I wonder if they would think outside the box and go after Catchings, or maybe they will get smart and look at someone like the HC at Jackson State.

Tennessee fans probably feel they should be able to get someone of the caliber of Dawn/Kim/Vic/Jeff/etc. Will be interesting to see what direction they go in. I wonder if any boosters pony up big $ for them to go after a big time coach.

Reaction Score

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
They went from a HC in Warlick who recruited gangbusters but couldn't teach to a HC in Jolly who couldn't recruit or teach. Duke fans are worried. Kara is on the board of Trustees for Tennessee. I wonder if they would think outside the box and go after Catchings, or maybe they will get smart and look at someone like the HC at Jackson State.
i think catch has better things to do.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
They went from a HC in Warlick who recruited gangbusters but couldn't teach, to a HC in Jolly who couldn't recruit OR teach. Duke fans are worried. Kara is on the board of Trustees for Tennessee. I wonder if they would think outside the box and go after Catchings, or maybe they will get smart and look at someone like the HC at Jackson State.

Tennessee fans feel they should be able to get someone of the caliber of Dawn/Kim/Vic/Jeff/etc. Will be interesting to see what direction they go in.

I'm not worried, and I qualify as a Duke fan.

Reaction Score

Wonder if this will affect Jewel Spear's decision to return for another year?

Incoming recruits:
2024 - #35 Kaniya Boyd (G)
2025 - #16 Nyla Brooks (W)

Have to wonder if Key stays, goes to the W or the portal too

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
It's not easy taking over for a legend, and TN is now two coaches away from Summitt. Wondering if that will still be an almost impossible job to fill, considering Pat's heavy legacy and the rabid fanbase of expectations.

On edit - depending on how much support Duke provides WBB, perhaps it is time for Kara to go "back home" and straighten things out? I'd bet TN would give her almost anything.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
As my avatar title states "I may not be the sharpest...", so how did Harper come to be known as Jolly?
Reading the thread title, I had no idea who was let go.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
As my avatar title states "I may not be the sharpest...", so how did Harper come to be known as Jolly?
Reading the thread title, I had no idea who was let go.
Wow was my brain waaaay back years ago

@HuskyNan - can you change title of thread to make it make sense? :D

Reaction Score
maybe shea or carla will go to the vols rescue! :D
I don't know...
Something tells me that those folks in Knoxville may be as much of a mind to, "just punch something blue" as their counterparts in Storrs are about orange.
:cool:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
They went from a HC in Warlick who recruited gangbusters but couldn't teach, to a HC in Jolly who couldn't recruit OR teach. Some Duke fans are worried. Kara is on the board of Trustees for Tennessee. I wonder if they would think outside the box and go after Catchings, or maybe they will get smart and look at someone like the HC at Jackson State.

Tennessee fans probably feel they should be able to get someone of the caliber of Dawn/Kim/Vic/Jeff/etc. Will be interesting to see what direction they go in. I wonder if any boosters pony up big $ for them to go after a big time coach.

Dawn, Kim, and Vic are not available. Maybe Jeff is. Tenn hired KJH on the cheap. If they want someone good and experienced, they need to offer $2 million or so, not $700K.

Reaction Score
I initially thought she'd be okay, but the timing of Cora Hall's article signaled that a change was near.

Reaction Score
Does this mean another former PG at TN that coaches a little further south is the first choice to take over?

Does Tennessee go outside the family now? With their tradition, resources and support the right coach could have them right back in the national spotlight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom