Tennessee off season | The Boneyard

Tennessee off season

Reaction Score
If UT only loses Miles and Suarez to the portal, plus adds another player or two, they will have a successful offseason. The calls for Harper's head have been overly dramatic but underscores a problem where the program is caught in a position of being good, but not as good as their rivals and not where the fans want it to be.

When Harper was hired I had hopes she would get the team back in a position to compete for the SEC and FF, especially with the roster this year, but it just hasn't happened. She may not be able to get them there. The recruiting challenges are baffling given the amount of support, history, and tradition of the program. Granted there are more programs now who support WBB than UT, UConn and Stanford but to whif on high school recruits repeatedly leads me to question what is going on.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Having Key back healthy will help. Now a shot blocker back helps the defense. The offense was better this past season. I think there will be another player added to the roster.

Reaction Score
I swear. For a person who can't stand the Lady Vols. I find myself peeking in on what the Lady Vols are doing. Maybe I am slowly starting to embrace the Lady Vols program more and more. But all joking aside. I do like Coach Harper and wish her all the best. The Lady Volks are a great program and as a fan of WBB, I definitely want to see the Lady Vols back in the Final Four and Championship games. This program has so much to offer and they are a staple of WBB.

Reaction Score
Having Key back healthy will help. Now a shot blocker back helps the defense. The offense was better this past season. I think there will be another player added to the roster.
Having Key back is going to be huge, especially if she is 100%. The Lady Vols could be a problem next season.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Having Key back is going to be huge, especially if she is 100%. The Lady Vols could be a problem next season.
I think it depends on guard play. And hitting a good percentage from 3 point line. Tennessee will have Key and Hollingshead twin towers. Good luck going inside.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Ok, so as we enter another “transfer portal” season, I was vocal in disputing that the Lady Vols won the portal signings last year as I said the best player was Reese. Jackson came on strong at the end of this season after a very rocky star. I think this off season, Kelly should be looking to get Lexi Donarski who can run the point AND shoot from the outside. Heck even adding Ashley Owusu would be a good pickup as well for guard scoring.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
One thing that is not known yet. What returning player or players will have a jump in their game. Pissott could be one. Going into year two is different than freshman year.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Sara Puckett was in a car accident. She had minor injuries.

Reaction Score
Pissot could be a solid foundation for them if she sticks around. But it may be hard to keep her if they keep bringing in transfers.

Reaction Score
Pissot could be a solid foundation for them if she sticks around. But it may be hard to keep her if they keep bringing in transfers.

Welp..........they must be bringing in another transfer cause she's in the portal

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Welp..........they must be bringing in another transfer cause she's in the portal
The layering effect, in action again: See Cardinals, Louisville. In this case, even the same position (Payton Verhulst for Louisville and now Pissot for Tennessee). I've got think Pissot is natural for Villanova, who most certainly could use a forward that has an array of scoring moves.

Reaction Score
Key is not a good rebounder for her size, and stays in foul trouble against good teams. Average player.

I think she gives the Lady Vols good balance, rebounding, defense, and another scoring option out on the floor.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think Tennessee will add a player or two from the portal. For the upcoming season. I am hoping for one certain player.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The one thing Harper can offer starting with the 2024-25 season is playing time. The LadyVols now have zero recruits for the 2022 and 2023 classes. The roster for 2024-2025? Yikes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom