Temple slips into Charlie's latest brackets | The Boneyard

Temple slips into Charlie's latest brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That gets three AAC teams into the dance (according to Cream). If his brackets were the
real ones, I would judge that South Carolina has the toughest path to the final four,
and maybe Notre Dame the easiest.

Reaction Score
Getting Temple into the dance would be a nice accomplishment. Coach Cardoza has made the Temple program her own. It would not cause any heartache here to see her program rise to the top of the conference when the Auriemma era ends.
Temple cannot afford any bad losses in the next month including the conference tournament.

Here we are excited about getting three teams from the AAC in the dance, when there was a time, in the not so distant past, we were trying to justify nine and ten Big East teams getting dance invitations. I loved Big East Basketball:(.

Reaction Score
. . . Here we are excited about getting three teams from the AAC in the dance, when there was a time, in the not so distant past, we were trying to justify nine and ten Big East teams getting dance invitations. I loved Big East Basketball:(.

I recall, not too many years ago, when the Big East not only had 9 teams in the tournament, but ALL NINE
won their first round games. I doubt if any other conference has ever placed 9 teams in the second round.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm very glad to see that. I think the win over USF really got them on the "national scene" as far as WCBB goes. And playing UCONN as hard as they did certainly opened some eyes as well. Temple has a tricky rest of the season. Tulane, who is 4th in the AAC, Memphis, who is no slouch, and USF for a rematch. They need to win 2 and keep it close against USF. Then a run to the semi's of the AAC and that should do the trick for them.

Reaction Score
Remember the year that the big east was 9-0 after the first round?Yet Uconn amassed unbelievable various streaks against very good competition game after game.One would think they would have had many more less than spectacular contests but they did'nt.Somehow they brought it every night.

Reaction Score
1. If Temple enters the conference tournament as the #2 or #3 seed and loses in the semis, then it is a tossup; The tossup depending upon how many at large bids remain. If the other conferences hold form, Temple slides in. If there are upsets then they are holding their collective breath come Selection Monday.
2. Temple will be able to exhale on Selection Monday if they advance to the conference finals.

Reaction Score
That gets three AAC teams into the dance (according to Cream). If his brackets were the
real ones, I would judge that South Carolina has the toughest path to the final four,
and maybe Notre Dame the easiest.

Cremes bracket: http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology

My picks:
upload_2016-2-16_19-59-51.png

Notes: Top 10 rankings are from committee. 11-16 rankings are my own. Color coded by conference. According to NCAA rules, 2 teams from the same conference cannot be top-4 seeds in the same region unless there are 5 or more such teams. Conference opponents cannot meet before the regional semis, except under exceptional circumstances. Teams who have played 3 times cannot meet before a regional final.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Charlie has Sadie coming back to Storrs!

Southern Cal in the uconn bracket!

Looks ok but I just think Maryland is better than a 3 seed but just my opinion.

Reaction Score
I'm rooting for them to get in. Not only because of Cardoza, but my daughter played with Tanaya Atkinson in AAU and her high school career. Nothing like a home town girl doing her thing!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Temple beat USF and put up a fight against Uconn, notwithstanding losing by "only" 25 when all was said and done. That makes me think the Owls could well be a top-64 team nationally. Just need to be sure they schedule a night game in the early rounds of the tournament; owls are nocturnal, after all.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Tonya helped Uconn win its first five NCs when she was an assistant, and Shea did th same thing except it has been the Huskies' second collection of five NCS (2009, 2010, 2013-15). Geno certainly utilizes some fine assistant coaching, even if (especially if?) you start with one Christine Dailey.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
In other news, Creme's projected field no longer includes Duke. First four out.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I recall, not too many years ago, when the Big East not only had 9 teams in the tournament, but ALL NINE
won their first round games. I doubt if any other conference has ever placed 9 teams in the second round.

Ah, but remember 1982, the first year the NCAA had a women's tournament (32 teams) and the third year of the Big East conference? (Well, I don't really remember it but I looked it up.)

The number of Big East entries? Zero.

In our nostalgia for the glory days of the Big East's dominance (and I truly have warm feelings and miss those days), we shouldn't forget that it took time for our former conference to build itself up. It's been posted here before but I think bears repeating: If UConn is to remain in the AAC for an extended period, let's hope the Huskies help grow the conference as it did the Big East.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Cremes bracket: http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology

My picks:
View attachment 12029

Notes: Top 10 rankings are from committee. 11-16 rankings are my own. Color coded by conference. According to NCAA rules, 2 teams from the same conference cannot be top-4 seeds in the same region unless there are 5 or more such teams. Conference opponents cannot meet before the regional semis, except under exceptional circumstances. Teams who have played 3 times cannot meet before a regional final.

If this holds to form, then rats. I know it's a fantasy and isn't likely to happen but I am really hoping Tennessee will be an 8 0r 9 seed and get placed in Storrs. After all, UConn has been playing games with a bit of regularity in Tennessee in recent years. Don't you think it would be nice to reciprocate and extend to the Lady Vols some northern hospitality? ;)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
If this holds to form, then rats. I know it's a fantasy and isn't likely to happen but I am really hoping Tennessee will be an 8 0r 9 seed and get placed in Storrs. After all, UConn has been playing games with a bit of regularity in Tennessee in recent years. Don't you think it would be nice to reciprocate and extend to the Lady Vols some northern hospitality? ;)
There will be quite a bit of difference of opinion on this matter. Some folks would love to see the rivalry renewed, while others would be happy to have the rivalry go away entirely. For my part, a home game against the LVs for old times sake would be a great inclusion that would make a national championship run in the tournament that much more satisfying.

The LVs were just a few minutes away from a Uconn-Tennessee collision in the national semis last season,but Tennessee blew it against Maryland. I was a little disappointed by that. Why only rout Maryland when you could rout the LVs? Plus it was nice when Uconn restored an old rivalry by kicking the crap out of Rutgers in the second round of last season 's tournament in Storrs. Given this, I suppose I'm on the side of wanting an early-round game featuring two programs who haven't played each other since 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom