Teams last hurrah | The Boneyard

Teams last hurrah

Reaction Score
Which teams lose a lot to graduation/expired eligibility?

1 SC — None? Unless Cardoso goes pro
1 IA — Clark Marshall Davis
1 USC — Forbes Padilla Davis but of course still have Juju
1 Tex — Gonzales Jones possibly others, but return Harmon and Booker

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Teams that likely drop off in a big way next year:

Iowa-they lose Clark, Davis, Marshall and Martin. Bluder's a good coach but I don't think anyone will be shocked if they aren't a top 25 team next season.

Stanford-they lose Brink and Hannah Jump. They likely aren't a Final Four contender next year.

Ohio State-they lose Sheldon, Taylor, and Mikulasikova. They'll still be good if McMahon makes the jump to becoming an All American, but likely aren't a top 2 seed. They do bring in a top recruit in Cambridge.

NC State-they have a lot coming back but lose both 5th year post players. If they don't reload in the portal, they'll have a glaring hole in the post which is going to be tough to overcome.

Virginia Tech-lose Kitley and likely Amoore. They might drop out of the top 25.

Indiana-they lose Holmes and Scalia, might not be a top 25 team.

Kansas State-all depends on if they have Lee back. They drop off big time if she's gone, and they lose Gregory too. If she returns I think they'll be top 15 again.

Colorado-Sherrod, Miller and Nolan are all gone. I don't see them hanging around the top 10 much of the year like they were able to this season.

Teams that shouldn't drop much, might improve:

South Carolina-everyone is back besides Cardoso and they bring in a strong class. They'll be the clear cut #1 team going into next year.

USC-they lose some quality seniors but bring in the #1 class, plus have Watkins back.

Texas-they lose a couple of seniors (Gonzales, Jones) but have 2 top 10 recruits back and one of the best point guards in Harmon returning along with Booker and Moore. They're a legitimate title contender.

LSU-Even if they lose Reese and Hailey Van Lith, they have a really good starting 5 back in S'Myah Smith, Morrow, Williams, Flau'jae and Poa.

UCONN-losing Edwards is big but they have a slew of posts returning from injury and Bueckers back, along with Fudd/Griffin/Ducharme. If healthy they're potentially a very formidable team.

UCLA-Betts, Rice, Jaquez and Jones are back. I don't see Osborne's departure as a major loss. This team will be older and more experienced.

Notre Dame-If Westbeld is back they'll have a nasty starting lineup of Koval, Westbeld, Citron, Hidalgo and Miles. Another title contender.

Oregon State-everyone is back

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Teams that likely drop off in a big way next year:

Iowa-they lose Clark, Davis, Marshall and Martin. Bluder's a good coach but I don't think anyone will be shocked if they aren't a top 25 team next season.

Stanford-they lose Brink and Hannah Jump. They likely aren't a Final Four contender next year.

Ohio State-they lose Sheldon, Taylor, and Mikulasikova. They'll still be good if McMahon makes the jump to becoming an All American, but likely aren't a top 2 seed. They do bring in a top recruit in Cambridge.

NC State-they have a lot coming back but lose both 5th year post players. If they don't reload in the portal, they'll have a glaring hole in the post which is going to be tough to overcome.

Virginia Tech-lose Kitley and likely Amoore. They might drop out of the top 25.

Indiana-they lose Holmes and Scalia, might not be a top 25 team.

Virginia Tech-all depends on if they have Lee back. They drop off big time if she's gone, and they lose Gregory too.

Colorado-Sherrod, Miller and Nolan are all gone. I don't see them hanging around the top 10 much of the year like they were able to this season.

Teams that shouldn't drop much, might improve:

South Carolina-everyone is back besides Cardoso and they bring in a strong class. They'll be the clear cut #1 team going into next year.

USC-they lose some quality seniors but bring in the #1 class, plus have Watkins back.

Texas-they lose a couple of seniors (Gonzales, Jones) but have 2 top 10 recruits back and one of the best point guards in Harmon returning along with Booker and Moore. They're a legitimate title contender.

LSU-Even if they lose Reese and Hailey Van Lith, they have a really good starting 5 back in S'Myah Smith,

UCONN-losing Edwards is big but they have a slew of posts returning from injury and Bueckers back, along with Fudd/Griffin/Ducharme. If healthy they're potentially a very formidable team.

UCLA-Betts, Rice, Jaquez and Jones are back. I don't see Osborne's departure as a major loss. This team will be older and more experienced.

Notre Dame-If Westbeld is back they'll have a nasty starting lineup of Koval, Westbeld, Citron, Hidalgo and Miles. Another title contender.

Oregon State-everyone is back
VT - the potential of Brooks leaving looks large as well.

Also, you have VT listed twice but mention Lee and Gregory. Did you mean Kansas State here by chance?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Back home some VPI fans were spouting off a few weeks and I reminded them that they were going to be going back to playing on Wednesdays in the ACC tournament after Kitley is gone. They had a good 4 year run in Blacksburg but they will return to the neighborhood of Georgia Tech, Boston College and Clemson instead of hanging out with the Louisvilles, NDs and Dukes.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
VT - the potential of Brooks leaving looks large as well.

Also, you have VT listed twice but mention Lee and Gregory. Did you mean Kansas State here by chance?

Land Grants look alike I guess :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
2 Stan — Brink Jump
2 UCLA — Osborne but return Betts Rice
2 OhSt —Sheldon Taylor Maku et al
2 ND —DeWolfe + Westbeld/Watson undeclared

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads