Taurasi vs. Bird | The Boneyard

Taurasi vs. Bird

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm enjoying the Pheonix/Seattle semis. They are exciting, close, hard fought games. But I'm really the Bird/Taurasi battle. Yes I know they don't guard each other all that much but the match up of two smart, talented athletes battling to get their teams to the finals, driving their respective teams possession after possession has an epic feel. It reminds me of another basketball playing Bird and his battles with Magic Johnson.

Last night Dee put the Mercury on her back going off for 28 points and 8 assists including launching 3 improbable 3's to tie the game with the last coming at with 3.7 seconds left in regulation.

Sue responded with a 19 point 6 assist game including the game winning layup in OT.

Like I said, I'm really enjoying this series. It's must see TV.

Last edited:

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I said this in another thread, but what a time to be alive. D vs. Stewie and Bird is just unreal to see. And they are the three best players in the series. We are very lucky as UConn fans. No matter what, we'll have a UConn alumna in the finals.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I said this in another thread, but what a time to be alive. D vs. Stewie and Bird is just unreal to see. And they are the three best players in the series. We are very lucky as UConn fans. No matter what, we'll have a UConn alumna in the finals.

Reminds me of something some fellow named Geno once said. Bird to Taurasi: "I have Stewie and you DON'T!"

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Diana has made a career of doing things like she did last night. Hence the GOAT moniker. Sue is quieter, more discreet, and more tactful, but every bit as competitive. She'll smile as she cuts your heart out. In contrast, Diana will sneer at you and spit on you. ;)

This is almost like Magic v. Bird. Very high quality must-see TV. I get to see both in Tenerife!!!!! :)

Reaction Score
Diana has made a career of doing things like she did last night. Hence the GOAT moniker. Sue is quieter, more discreet, and more tactful, but every bit as competitive. She'll smile as she cuts your heart out. In contrast, Diana will sneer at you and spit on you. ;)

This is almost like Magic v. Bird. Very high quality must-see TV. I get to see both in Tenerife!!!!! :)
Bird and Magic are going to be in Tenerife???

Reaction Score
I'm enjoying the Pheonix/Seattle semis. They are exciting, close, hard fought games. But I'm really the Bird/Taurasi battle. Yes I know they don't guard each other all that much but the match up of two smart, talented athletes battling to get their teams to the finals, driving their respective teams possession after possession has an epic feel. It reminds me of another basketball playing Bird and his battles with Magic Johnson.

Last night Dee put the Mercury on her back going off for 28 points and 8 assists including launching 3 improbable 3's to tie the game the coming at with 3.7 seconds left in regulation.

Sue responded with a 19 point 6 assist game including the game winning layup in OT.

Like I said, I'm really enjoying this series. It's must see TV.

What I don't understand about Dee's last three is why Bird turned around to see if it went in. She should know by know that it was going to be good. :D

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Some good stuff from Cheryl Reeve on her show. I listened to the past two shows and she talks about the playoffs, Diana, awards, the Lynx, etc. Good stuff.

If you click on the play button, you should see a link below to earlier shows. #17 was recorded yesterday and #16 was recorded last week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom