Tarris Reed commits! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Tarris Reed commits!

Reaction Score
I'll take a guy who says he values "player development" and chooses the place that he knows is going to make him "uncomfortable" over the guy with slightly better production who's on sale for the highest bidder any day of the week (provided there's something to work with, and Reed was a top-40 recruit and showed flashes at UM, so we know there is).
Me too. I love this pick up

caw

Reaction Score
He cannot shoot. 1/3 in his entire college career.

Hard to say from that but his FT numbers indicate he can’t but he did improve which is good. Sanogo was 0-1 from three through his sophomore year then went 19-52. So there is the possibility he just wasn’t allowed to shoot for Michigan. Sanogo did shoot better from the FT like through two years, though neither was good.

Reaction Score
as I put in original portal thread, he wears #32 after Karl Malone, who he models his game after.

Nowell and Reed Jr pick and roll wrinkles in our Carril/european sets

Reaction Score
as I put in original portal thread, he wears #32 after Karl Malone, who he models his game after.

Nowell and Reed Jr pick and roll wrinkles in our Carril/european sets
He can't wear that number here. And as far as his shooting goes... lots of dunks.

Reaction Score
correct. I think the coaching staff at UConn are using a very MoneyBall like approach to roster building. They are not the only ones, but dare I say Hurley and his staff are the best at it.
Agreed. I also think that this 2nd title in a row shows what we’re doing here works and is not a one off. We getting more eyeballs on the program and top talent wants to be part of it. Interesting that Tarris signed up shortly after his visit and that we now have a visit next week with Brea or McNeeley. I think guys who are looking for a new home won’t dally as we are not looking for wholesale change but rather hand selected roles for the guys that just left. And our roster completion window is slowly closing.

Reaction Score
Remember, how we used to talk about taking recruits to the Dairy Bar and after showing them the cows?
Well, this should be simple from now on.
Just win the national championship each year and then line up the recruits to
visit the weekend of the parade in Hartford. Done.

Reaction Score
He cannot shoot. 1/3 in his entire college career.
He definitely has Sanogo pick and pop potential. If you watch his HS highlight tapes you can see he definitely has it in his bag especially if he puts in a summer of work on it.

Reaction Score
He definitely has Sanogo pick and pop potential. If you watch his HS highlight tapes you can see he definitely has it in his bag especially if he puts in a summer of work on it.

Put me in the "I doubt it" camp. But I'd obviously be thrilled it if happened.

Reaction Score
I hope so. Samson's HS tape showed him shooting 3's too and then he got into games here and it looked like a blind man shooting at the basket

Reaction Score
I hope so. Samson's HS tape showed him shooting 3's too and then he got into games here and it looked like a blind man shooting at the basket
Thats what worries me a bit... but hes a 67% FT shooter so already much better than Sam there and has a pretty good stroke. Not looking for him to jack 4 threes a game, just hoping hes a pick and pop threat. I guess we'll see!

Reaction Score
Whatever Reed does well, expect a ton of plays designed to allow Reed to do those things. And he will look Adama-like when doing those things.

I doubt UConn goes back to the stagnating days of relying so heavily on Adama, though. It will all be part of the offense.

Reaction Score
Thats what worries me a bit... but hes a 67% FT shooter so already much better than Sam there and has a pretty good stroke. Not looking for him to jack 4 threes a game, just hoping hes a pick and pop threat. I guess we'll see!
His highlights show all layups but why couldn’t he make 12 footers? Hurley will find out his capabilities pretty quick. We have to realize and this is tough for UConn fans that this newly assembled team may not be top 5 and reach its full potential for quite awhile, maybe even Feb.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Imagine the shock to him from going being coached by Juwan Howard to being coached by our guys.
You mean watching Fab 5 highlights isn’t top flight coaching?

IMG_7923.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom