Tailgate Menu for the Bulls game | The Boneyard

Tailgate Menu for the Bulls game

Reaction Score
Sorry for the lateness this week!
A bunch of my group are out of State for the game or have family functions that will prevent them from coming to the game. So I took matters into my own hands:
This week's menu:
2 rings of kielbasa from Filipek's of Meriden (one smoked, one fresh)
Assorted pierogi from the freezer (sauerkraut & mushroom, farmers cheese, potato & cheddar)
Costco's cranberry nut bread- I am bringing cream cheese & a friend's hot pepper jam to smother slices with
dinner rolls
may make an apple cobbler as I went to Rogers Orchards yesterday to buy a small bag of Empire apples & they were bogo
Whatever the rest of the crew shows up wlth will be a surprise
BEER (Including Husky Hops) Soda, Bottled water & the new Husky endorsed vodka & raspberry infused iced tea that I saw at the package store today

Eat to win!

Reaction Score
I've had two straight tailgates cancelled because of weather (although I came by myself to both games anyway). I can't believe I have everything ready to go and might have to call it off again. So sick of this (especially with a team where the trouble isn't worth it -- tailgating in downpours in '04 and '07 were totally different animals).

If it goes off, home made crab dip first, along with hummus and salami/pepperoncini roll ups. Entree is filet mignon with baked stuffed potatoes and fresh tomatoes. Maybe if I'd give up on tailgates we'd have better weather.

Reaction Score
For my crew, the first home game in October is traditionally Octoberfest:
  • Pretzels and beer cheese
  • Wursts
  • Schnitzel
  • Sauerkraut
  • Red Cabbage
  • Spaetzle
  • Cucumber Salad
  • German Potato Salad
  • German Chocolate Cake Cupcakes
  • Hofbrau Octoberfest mini-keg

Reaction Score
  • Wursts
  • Schnitzel
  • Sauerkraut
  • Red Cabbage
  • Spaetzle
  • Cucumber Salad
  • German Potato Salad
Never tried Hofbrau, but Spaten Octoberfest might be the best draft beer I’ve ever had.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Never tried Hofbrau,
If you ever find yourself in Pittsburgh, they brew the draft version here (only for on-site consumption). Bottles are imported.
One of three in the US (Columbus OH, Newport KY the others).

Reaction Score
I've had two straight tailgates cancelled because of weather (although I came by myself to both games anyway). I can't believe I have everything ready to go and might have to call it off again. So sick of this (especially with a team where the trouble isn't worth it -- tailgating in downpours in '04 and '07 were totally different animals).

If it goes off, home made crab dip first, along with hummus and salami/pepperoncini roll ups. Entree is filet mignon with baked stuffed potatoes and fresh tomatoes. Maybe if I'd give up on tailgates we'd have better weather.
BuinessLawyer, join us. My wife & I have tailgated in the rain the last few games.
Tired of people who bailed because of the Meteorologists and their HAZARDOUS weather forecasts.
We'll be in the Blue Lot.

Reaction Score
BuinessLawyer, join us. My wife & I have tailgated in the rain the last few games.
Tired of people who bailed because of the Meteorologists and their HAZARDOUS weather forecasts.
We'll be in the Blue Lot.
Very kind of you. As for now, I’ve got a cooler full of food and am trying to pull it off. If it doesn’t come off …

Reaction Score
Beef stew along with toasted ciabatta bread to dip in the stew or olive oil. Pre stew snacks of fresh veggies and fruit with dip to be combined with chips. Hot apple cider with your own touch of Captain Morgan and dash of cinnamon to ones taste. ;)
@businesslawyer You are welcome to join us country bumkins just to the north of gate D in blue lot. We never have had a rain out, it's football. This with three in our party in our early 70's. Let's rock The Rent !!!!!

Reaction Score

Biz...you grilling and heating the filet and potatoes there...or do it at home and keep them warm on the way?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We set-up a tailgate today for some in-laws and they all bailed. My mother in her 80's never bailed due to weather and we had ice storms and blizzards. Helpful hint: Do not call your in-laws "soft", even if the shoe fits. Turns out not to help.

Reaction Score
  • Wursts
  • Schnitzel
  • Sauerkraut
  • Red Cabbage
  • Spaetzle
  • Cucumber Salad
  • German Potato Salad
Wow! I am stopping at this tailgate party.

Reaction Score
Im in awe of the folks that continue to tailgate week after week in these conditions. Hopefully huskies give us something to watch today.

Reaction Score
  • Wursts
  • Schnitzel
  • Sauerkraut
  • Red Cabbage
  • Spaetzle
  • Cucumber Salad
  • German Potato Salad
At least you ate and drank well. What a menu.

Reaction Score
Biz...you grilling and heating the filet and potatoes there...or do it at home and keep them warm on the way?
I cook meat there. I make the crab dip and baked stuffed potatoes at home and reheat them at the game.

I wish Mora paid as much attention to detail with his team this year as many of us do with our tailgates. His failure to recognize that the clock doesn’t stop when someone goes out of bounds unless it happens with under 2 minutes left probably didn’t cost us but is truly inexcusable.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
  • Wursts
  • Schnitzel
  • Sauerkraut
  • Red Cabbage
  • Spaetzle
  • Cucumber Salad
  • German Potato Salad