Syracuse, the new Beast in the East! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Syracuse, the new Beast in the East!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Yeah, I’m in the Syracuse and there has barely been any snow this year and the past few years were kinda light too. CNY is also a great place if you love outdoor activities. I’ve lived in worse places … :oops:
My son, who is a wildlife biology expert, and family are very outdoorsy. They find lots to do much of the year. Sad to say sports fans, his younger son is a Cuse fan. When in law school i did a 2 week summer stint at their law school. It was before the Dome, it was Archbold Stadium, right next to the law school. You knew its days were numbered because the concrete had major cracks in it.

How different was the city in 1968? Well the woman who would become my wife. gone a year now RIP., and i were dating seriously at the time and we wrote letters to each other pretty often. (handwritten letters boys and girls, remember them?). After she died i remembered she had kept them so a few months later i was up to reading them. The first letter i sent her from the Saltine City complained about what a dump it was. At least it hasn’t deteriorated.

Reaction Score
Just before the half last night a USF player had a scoop and score off of a Syracuse fumble and he did a somersault into the end zone from the 1 yard line - no penalty. Victor Rosa did the exact same somersault in the NC State game on opening night and got flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct. Consistency is the main ask from sports officials!

Reaction Score
Just before the half last night a USF player had a scoop and score off of a Syracuse fumble and he did a somersault into the end zone from the 1 yard line - no penalty. Victor Rosa did the exact same somersault in the NC State game on opening night and got flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct. Consistency is the main ask from sports officials!
That can't be true. I was told on this board it gets called for a penalty every single time.

BullDawg

UGA Alum, U of South Florida Professor Emeritus
Reaction Score
There were so many things going on like this during the game, I began to wonder if this bowl game had different celebration rules. Crew was from Sun Belt Conference , I think.

Reaction Score
And that penalty set up NC State with a short field and stole momentum from UConn.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Same thought went through my head. It was a big call affecting our game. Maybe Rosa jumped higher.

Reaction Score
Same thought went through my head. It was a big call affecting our game. Maybe Rosa jumped higher.
When Rosa did that flip it never entered my mind that would have been an unsportsman like conduct penalty. And if the officials didn't call it I would not have thought to myself "when UConn got away without a penalty being called" and I bet almost every other fan watching that game had the same mindset whether they were going for UConn or NC State.

I don't know what the rule book says and I don't care, I don't think that call should have been made because I have seen much more celebratory actions in games every week.

Having said all of that, one messed up call didn't ruin UConn football's season this year. They are plenty of things Mora and Co. have to fix.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
They got a good quarterback but how is the line "not great" and the skill position players are suspect at best. He is not throwing to maybe two first round draft picks at Syracuse for sure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom