Syracuse, the new Beast in the East! | The Boneyard

Syracuse, the new Beast in the East!

Reaction Score
Babers started off with a bang too. Until the kids saw that town and were like ‘umm. No thanks’
Especially with an annual average snowfall of 120 inches.

How Do You Remove Snow From Your Roof? | Snow Removal

Reaction Score
Lol. Syracuse will still finish 4th at the very best in the ACC. You're max potential every year is around 8-9 wins.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Especially with an annual average snowfall of 120 inches.

How Do You Remove Snow From Your Roof? | Snow Removal
Actually depends. My son lives just south of Syracuse and typically gets less than just north. Lake effect is hit or miss it seems. Syracuse is pretty dumpy but there is a bit more to do there than Mansfield including some pretty good bars and restaurants.

Reaction Score
Actually depends. My son lives just south of Syracuse and typically gets less than just north. Lake effect is hit or miss it seems. Syracuse is pretty dumpy but there is a bit more to do there than Mansfield including some pretty good bars and restaurants.
Don’t disagree about the bars, but the weather is the pits. Talk about Storrs being cold, Syracuse is like the arctic, tons of snow in winter and wicked thunderstorms in Spring and Summer.

Reaction Score
Syracuse got a bonafide coach... that understands big time football since he's been a part of it.. I'm talking TODAY's big time football...

Reaction Score
Must have a big donor(s)to NIL.
That’s the only way you get players these days.

Reaction Score
Lol. Syracuse will still finish 4th at the very best in the ACC. You're max potential every year is around 8-9 wins.
Six more than UCONN. SU runs guys off to the portal that UCONN would beg to go there.

Reaction Score
Six more than UCONN. SU runs guys off to the portal that UCONN would beg to go there.
Upstate NY has some beautiful places like the Finger Lakes region with great schools like Cornell, Colgate, Hamilton, Hobart, and St Lawrence . Then there is Syracuse. An overpriced dump in a crap hole that no amount of money will ever fix.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Upstate NY has some beautiful places like the Finger Lakes region with great schools like Cornell, Colgate, Hamilton, Hobart, and St Lawrence . Then there is Syracuse. An overpriced dump in a crap hole that no amount of money will ever fix.
Actually, SU has sone top notch departments. No doubt the city itself is a hole. One of my sons is a Cornell grad and now a college prof in the Syracuse area. Since he moved to the Syracuse area about 15 years ago, southern CT has had several years with more snow than he did. The lake effect can be pretty targeted. Don’t fet me wrong, i ain’t moving there anytime soon.

Reaction Score
Actually, SU has sone top notch departments. No doubt the city itself is a hole. One of my sons is a Cornell grad and now a college prof in the Syracuse area. Since he moved to the Syracuse area about 15 years ago, southern CT has had several years with more snow than he did. The lake effect can be pretty targeted. Don’t fet me wrong, i ain’t moving there anytime soon.
You can make those claims until you’re blue in the face, but you can’t argue the averages, Cuse gets 120 inches a year on average and New Haven averages 25 inches per year. Hartford gets a little more at 33 inches per year. As far as the “lake effect”, it’s all about wind direction and the time year (late Fall and early Winter vs mid to late Winter).

Reaction Score
Syracuse gets one good QB off the portal and this guy things Donavan McNabb and Jim Brown are back on the team. I'd rather have 3 wins than be a Syracuse fan. At least UConn has a winning tradition for it's AD. Syracuse hasn't done anything since Pasqualoni left and nothing in basketball.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
You can make those claims until you’re blue in the face, but you can’t argue the averages, Cuse gets 120 inches a year on average and New Haven averages 25 inches per year. Hartford gets a little more at 33 inches per year. As far as the “lake effect”, it’s all about wind direction and the time year (late Fall and early Winter vs mid to late Winter).
I’v been to Syracuse in the dead of winter every year for the last 15. It quite often depends on what side of Syracuse you are. And this is a silly discussion.

Reaction Score
Thats ok, just keep paying your taxes. I hope it's a lot. The football stadium needs some TLC. Thanks in advance!

Reaction Score
I’v been to Syracuse in the dead of winter every year for the last 15. It quite often depends on what side of Syracuse you are. And this is a silly discussion.
Don’t get upset, just trying to educate you. The “lake effect” depends heavily on the wind direction as well as the time of year during late Fall to late Winter. Did you know that Syracuse is also the “thunder snow” capitol of the world? There’s is of course a reason for that.

Reaction Score
You must be proud of your son. That’s really cool snd a heck of an accomplishment. No offense meant. Still I’ll stand by the city of Syracuse is a hopeless dump. The snow bands are really funny up there. 2 feet in once place and 20 miles away a dusting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom