Syracuse is just bad | The Boneyard

Syracuse is just bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Compared to most on here, I've been pretty reserved as far as the coaching staff goes. And you can't put too much emphasis on one game, but if we lose tomorrow then I will be just as livid as everyone else on here.

Syracuse is one of the few teams we should be able to beat. They probably have less talent/athleticism and they don't have a unit that comes close to our defense. And they somehow make more mistakes than we do.

Same boring, predictable style for both teams with bad play calling on offense.

Syracuse has been absolutely atrocious for 10 years. Losing to them signifies that we are right there with them as a crappy program.

I hate to say it, but if we lose tomorrow then I hope we just lose out for the rest of the year, so there will be a much better chance of a new staff coming in.

Reaction Score
Compared to most on here, I've been pretty reserved as far as the coaching staff goes. And you can't put too much emphasis on one game, but if we lose tomorrow then I will be just as livid as everyone else on here.

Syracuse is one of the few teams we should be able to beat. They probably have less talent/athleticism and they don't have a unit that comes close to our defense. And they somehow make more mistakes than we do.

Same boring, predictable style for both teams with bad play calling on offense.

Syracuse has been absolutely atrocious for 10 years. Losing to them signifies that we are right there with them as a crappy program.

I hate to say it, but if we lose tomorrow then I hope we just lose out for the rest of the year, so there will be a much better chance of a new staff coming in.

Are you joking?? don't let their record fool you! They loss to N. Western, Syracuse scored 41 points on them and N. western are pretty good this year. Then they lost to #2 USC at the time, and Syracuse scored 29 points on them and mind you it's USC. They lost to Minnesota, again a pretty good team and Syracuse lost by a touchdown (10-17) then Rutgers Syracuse scored 15 on them and we only scored 3... so to be honest Syracuse are not that bad this year! We lost to W. Michigan and beat Buffalo by a touchdown, Syracuse would of smashed both teams!

Reaction Score
Are you joking?? don't let their record fool you! They loss to N. Western, Syracuse scored 41 points on them and N. western are pretty good this year. Then they lost to #2 USC at the time, and Syracuse scored 29 points on them and mind you it's USC. They lost to Minnesota, again a pretty good team and Syracuse lost by a touchdown (10-17) then Rutgers Syracuse scored 15 on them and we only scored 3... so to be honest Syracuse are not that bad this year! We lost to W. Michigan and beat Buffalo by a touchdown, Syracuse would of smashed both teams!

They have lost 9 out of their last 10 games against FBS opponents. They are a bad football team.

Reaction Score
They have lost 9 out of their last 10 games against FBS opponents. They are a bad football team.

Again they lost to (N. Western, #2 USC, Minnesota, and #20 Rutgers) and they played USC last year too. These are quality teams Syracuse have lost to!

It's not like they lost to W. Michigan twice and Temple like we did!

Reaction Score
paperbagorangmen-300x231.jpg

Reaction Score
Again they lost to (N. Western, #2 USC, Minnesota, and #20 Rutgers) and they played USC last year too. These are quality teams Syracuse have lost to!

It's not like they lost to W. Michigan twice and Temple like we did!

You can try this imaginative transitive property crap all you want, it still doesn't change the results.

Reaction Score
Ok, so Fruit sucks and playing better teams than Uconn tough doesn't mean anything. Got Yah! So Mr. reserved and not yet livid:

1. How many touchdowns should Uconn be favored by?
2. How about a score prediction.

Reaction Score
Do you realize we have beaten SU the last 5 years by an average of 19 points?

SU smells blood in the water and will be ready to play a little payback football.

I think our only hope is they keep turning it over.

Is it me or has Brown dialed back our defense the last few games? I'm thinking he will blitz less due to SU having a pretty decent QB. I think he really needs to put the pressure on to rattle him.

Reaction Score
You can try this imaginative transitive property crap all you want, it still doesn't change the results.

"imaginative property crap" ?? We lost to W. Michigan, Temple, and beat Buffalo by a touchdown! Lol Now look at the numbers Syracuse put up against teams like N. Western, USC, Minnesota, and #20 Rutgers... figure it it out! Enjoy Syracuse beating us tonight :mad: cause I won't!

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Syracuse beats us tonite better bring out the trumpet and play taps.

Reaction Score
Do you realize we have beaten SU the last 5 years by an average of 19 points?

SU smells blood in the water and will be ready to play a little payback football.

I think our only hope is they keep turning it over.

Is it me or has Brown dialed back our defense the last few games? I'm thinking he will blitz less due to SU having a pretty decent QB. I think he really needs to put the pressure on to rattle him.

Just make sure you get to him. Never got to Carder and look how that turned out.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
If we lose tonight I won't be playing TAPS, I'll be playing a Victory March because there's no way Coach P will be coming back next year.

Reaction Score

I think he's dialed back the blitzing because it hasn't been working as well. As I recall USC blitzed like crazy and Nassib picked them apart.

Reaction Score
From Every Day Should Be Saturday

FRIDAY NIGHT
What you'll be watching: Connecticut at Syracuse (ESPN, 8 p.m.)
Again, this is the kind of matchup you get when midweek football is forced to compete with the MLB playoffs. As a #Barves fan, I'm tempted to watch the NLCS just in the hopes that the Cardinals go down in flames, but . . . you know what, not that tempted.
What you should be watching instead: "Monsters Inside Me" (Animal Planet, 8 p.m.)
My TV listings say Animal Planet is airing back-to-back episodes — "My Face Eating Parasite" and "Something's Eating My Son Inside Out." When UConn-Syracuse just becomes too difficult to watch, you can always bring it on over here.

Reaction Score
Big difference in our pass rush without J Joseph. If we can't get to Nassib the D-lineman need to get their hands up and hopefully tip some throws. Going all out on the rush and getting beat by short throws to the RB's is something I'd be concerned about. Need to keep a LB in the middle to cover for this.

Reaction Score
Cuse is not a bad team. The defense is solid and the offense with Nassib cn be streaky. This will be the best defense they have faced (assuming the kids are not giving up on the season) and we will need a great defensive effort and some turnovers to win. I see our offense really struggling especially with the run. If we could get Nick Williams going again in the return game that would be huge.

Reaction Score
This game comes on at 2 am for me. If we are getting blown out, then I am going to sleep.

Reaction Score
Field position and keeping them to short first down gains while taking away the seam route, those are the keys to beating SU. And they should have only score 7 against us, so don't take their scoring output against us as meaning anything.

The problem is that they will make you pass the ball on offense. That's a tall order for you guys. Use the TE over the middle and out routes with the WRs, that's what I saw working against the Cuse.

Reaction Score

Wow John, we would have lost to all of the four of those teams too. You may be one of those closest to the edge tonight after we drop this one with Nassib throwing for 300+.

Reaction Score
The UConn team that played against NC State and Maryland can win this game. The UConn team that played the last three weeks will not.

We'll have to see if the team from a month ago can reappear. And if we can get some damn takeaways finally.

Reaction Score
I literally have no idea what to expect tonight. None whatsoever. The only thing that would shock me is if we were to blow them out. I don't see that happening. Anything else is on the table.

Reaction Score
The problem is that they will make you pass the ball on offense. That's a tall order for you guys. Use the TE over the middle and out routes with the WRs, that's what I saw working against the Cuse.

this might work out for us since those are the only two ways we've had any success at all in the passing game

Reaction Score
"imaginative property crap" ?? We lost to W. Michigan, Temple, and beat Buffalo by a touchdown! Lol Now look at the numbers Syracuse put up against teams like N. Western, USC, Minnesota, and #20 Rutgers... figure it it out! Enjoy Syracuse beating us tonight :mad: cause I won't!

I probably should've known that you don't know what transitive property means. By the way, how did Syracuse look against Stony Brook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom