OT: - Syracuse Basketball Delusion | The Boneyard

OT: Syracuse Basketball Delusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
They first believed that 1 > 4. Now, apparently, UCONN landing Akinjo was all a part of their plan to land Carey. Glad to hear Syracuse spent so much time and effort to land us a Top 100 PG.
Lol as much as I think it's stupid to worry about a school who couldn't hold a candle to UConns accomplishments it is funny to see them justify things. They're delusional. Didn't they do this with Gilbert and ennis(?) last year?

Reaction Score
I was tossed out of there 10 years or so ago they are incredibly clueless when it comes to basketball history and knowledge of the game. Outside of Orange everyone else sucks. I mean don't waste too much time over there you may come away really stupid. And we don't need much of that.

Reaction Score
I was tossed out of there 10 years or so ago they are incredibly clueless when it comes to basketball history and knowledge of the game. Outside of Orange everyone else sucks. I mean don't waste too much time over there you may come away really stupid. And we don't need much of that.

I do hope you ventured over to the Football Board after their home loss to Middle Tennessee. Very enjoyable.

Reaction Score
What?

I don't think any rational basketball fan, of any team, thinks that's the case. I haven't read the Cuse thread yet, but what I imagine is being said is that Akinjo committing to UConn may decrease the chances that Carey also goes to UConn. If Carey wants to play PG, and I don't know what his personal preference is between pure PG and combo G, then UConn looks less enticing with Adams maybe still being there and Gilbert most likely still there, and now Akinjo definitely being there as PGs.

Many Cuse fans, including myself, wanted Gilbert last year, because he was a very good recruit, as most McD AA are. I think most SU fans didn't care about losing Gilbert once it was discovered the likelihood of landing Quade Green, which took an unfortunate turn of events.

Ennis? Tyler Ennis was class of 2013 and drafted in 2014 (1st round), not sure what that reference is.

Reaction Score
What?

I don't think any rational basketball fan, of any team, thinks that's the case. I haven't read the Cuse thread yet, but what I imagine is being said is that Akinjo committing to UConn may decrease the chances that Carey also goes to UConn. If Carey wants to play PG, and I don't know what his personal preference is between pure PG and combo G, then UConn looks less enticing with Adams maybe still being there and Gilbert most likely still there, and now Akinjo definitely being there as PGs.

Many Cuse fans, including myself, wanted Gilbert last year, because he was a very good recruit, as most McD AA are. I think most SU fans didn't care about losing Gilbert once it was discovered the likelihood of landing Quade Green, which took an unfortunate turn of events.

Ennis? Tyler Ennis was class of 2013 and drafted in 2014 (1st round), not sure what that reference is.

I won't jump all over you like the fans on your site. But we'd have more respect for you if you just came out and said what you truly felt like Carey wouldn't want to come to UConn because there's not much talent on the wings there (Vital, Williams, Wilson, Polley and possibility of Larrier coming back). Serious question, why do Cuse fans live in such a delusional fantasy world? Just accept two things UConn has had the more successful program and we're still relevant hence signing talented recruits like Wilson, Akinjo, etc. Your top recruit and his father obviously feel like we're still relevant and have a bright future.

IMG_0971.PNG

Reaction Score
Wow... EastCoast is talkin mad noise over there.

Wilson didn't give Cuse the time of day. Where does all that bravado come from?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Syracuse fans are the most uneducated college basketball fans around simply because they know only Cuse bball and even that is tainted with a twisted view of things outside the Dome
I miss the BE tournament - every year we would go with three things on our agenda - 1, Root fot the UConn Huskies, 2. Harass Pitt fans and, 3 interact and laugh at the Cuse fans. We would see the same dolts every year and the mantra wouldn't change - first it was the # of BE championships - UConn took care of that, then it was Melo and their NCAA run - UConn rolled over that 3 times and finally it was the 6OT game - Yahoo, Cuse had something to hang their hat on!!!! BIG Deal

Reaction Score
Still have not won the big one unless they had Melo and the first round was in Albany!!!!!! By the way we beat them BAD that year once in Hartford and again in BET. Our reward was to play Texas in Texas.

Reaction Score
Still have not won the big one unless they had Melo and the first round was in Albany!!!!!! By the way we beat them BAD that year once in Hartford and again in BET. Our reward was to play Texas in Texas.

Even better for them it was the sweet sixteen and elite 8 in Albany. #1 seed Oklahoma got screwed big time in that tourney.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

1. HOFCeluckLiving Legend
    I can honestly say I don't care about 4>1 or how many titles Tyler Olander had. I would not trade places with UConn fan for anything. And though they would NEVER Admit the same, they have an entire message board that says otherwise.

Today at 9:27 AM

Sums up their fanbase.

Reaction Score
I was tossed out of there 10 years or so ago they are incredibly clueless when it comes to basketball history and knowledge of the game. Outside of Orange everyone else sucks. I mean don't waste too much time over there you may come away really stupid. And we don't need much MORE of that.
fixed it for you

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
HOFCeluckLiving Legend

Agreed. He doesn't develop them and he hides their flaws with the zone. Do coaches, players, and the media talk about johnny Flynn, MCW, or waiters? Or do they still talk about kemba, bazz,& boat?
ITT I learn that Kemba Walker was coached up by Kevin Ollie.

And while Flynn, MCW and Waiters are bums, Carey's going to commit to UConn in part because of that darling of the Turkish basketball league, Ryan Boatright.

I can't keep upd.

Besides melo, do they have any players worth mentioning? All stars, All NBA team, etc...? Being serious. I see 9 in the NBA and I don't hear any others besides melo. And a waiters game here and there

Reaction Score
HOFCeluckLiving Legend

Agreed. He doesn't develop them and he hides their flaws with the zone. Do coaches, players, and the media talk about johnny Flynn, MCW, or waiters? Or do they still talk about kemba, bazz,& boat?
ITT I learn that Kemba Walker was coached up by Kevin Ollie.

And while Flynn, MCW and Waiters are bums, Carey's going to commit to UConn in part because of that darling of the Turkish basketball league, Ryan Boatright.

I can't keep upd.

Besides melo, do they have any players worth mentioning? All stars, All NBA team, etc...? Being serious. I see 9 in the NBA and I don't hear any others besides melo. And a waiters game here and there

It's just high comedy that outside of Melo I can only name a few high profile busts and not that many more cuse players from the last 20 or so years, but the name Tyler Olander is stuck in that fan bases craw for a long time. Good times

Reaction Score
HOFCeluckLiving Legend
  1. I would not trade places with UConn fan for anything.

That's good because there's no vacancy. Accomplishments mean everything.
You can be a Georgia Tech fan or a Syracuse fan and not be able to relate to what it feels like to be on this level. To have won multiple National Championships let alone 4.
The best they can do is cheer on their conference mates. It's fine if cheering on their conference mates gives them pleasure, but that's not for me.
I'm quite content with our schedule, both conference and non-conference. It more than suits my needs.
As for football, didn't SYRCUSE just get their arses handed to them by Middle Tennessee State?? LMAO. What happened to that great coach we've been hearing about. I'll take UConn football as well. You aren't going anywhere buddy.

Reaction Score
Wow... EastCoast is talkin mad noise over there.

Wilson didn't give Cuse the time of day. Where does all that bravado come from?
Not sure I'm talking 'mad noise'... In my opinion, Syracuse has more talent than UConn, and I'm here to debate that opinion amongst other college basketball related topics.

SU didn't go that hard after Wilson, we thought Jordan Tucker was ours and due to the limited scholarship situation, Tucker was priority over Wilson.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

1. HOFCeluckLiving Legend
    I can honestly say I don't care about 4>1 or how many titles Tyler Olander had. I would not trade places with UConn fan for anything. And though they would NEVER Admit the same, they have an entire message board that says otherwise.

Today at 9:27 AM

Sums up their fanbase.
This is one of the most insane things I've ever seen and I read the Cesspool.

Reaction Score
Been to Syracuse once. Place is gross. The ugly dome, hideous campus. Most of the people there look like the offspring of Rocky Dennis and that freak from The Goonies. The entire place should just be razed and turned into a parking lot.

Reaction Score
Not sure I'm talking 'mad noise'... In my opinion, Syracuse has more talent than UConn, and I'm here to debate that opinion amongst other college basketball related topics.

SU didn't go that hard after Wilson, we thought Jordan Tucker was ours and due to the limited scholarship situation, Tucker was priority over Wilson.

So you're talking about your talent for next year? We beat your full team last year with two of our best three players out for the year. One of your top two players (maybe your best player) just walked out the door for Seton Hall. UConn definitely has more talent in the backcourt both this year and next there's no debating that even though Cuse fans will def try.

Reaction Score
They wear orange, they play in a football stadium, they play zone defense and their campus is closer to Canada than NYC.
The orange thing can't be stressed enough. What a horrible look. I have never bought orange clothing in my life.

Reaction Score
So you're talking about your talent for next year? We beat your full team last year with two of our best three players out for the year. One of your top two players (maybe your best player) just walked out the door for Seton Hall. UConn definitely has more talent in the backcourt both this year and next there's no debating that even though Cuse fans will def try.
Talent =/= results from one game. No doubt SU had more talent than UConn last year. And no doubt which team had the better season. Just because UConn wins one game, doesn't make them the better team. Syracuse beat Duke last year, and Duke had more talent. Did Northeastern and Wagner have more talent than UConn? Of course not.

I'm optimistic for the 2018-2019 squad. Losing 5 of your best 6 players is tough for any team except Kentucky, but this year's SU team has some nice pieces.

Thompson would have started sure, but I wouldn't have called him a top 2 player on the team. Very skilled offensively, but very ineffective on defense and rebounding. We have a freshman center, Bourama Sidibe, who we think will be better defensively than Thompson is.

UConn may have the advantage in the back court, but Syracuse may have the advantage in the front court, should be another good game in December.

Reaction Score
Talent =/= results from one game. No doubt SU had more talent than UConn last year. And no doubt which team had the better season. Just because UConn wins one game, doesn't make them the better team. Syracuse beat Duke last year, and Duke had more talent. Did Northeastern and Wagner have more talent than UConn? Of course not.

I'm optimistic for the 2018-2019 squad. Losing 5 of your best 6 players is tough for any team except Kentucky, but this year's SU team has some nice pieces.

Thompson would have started sure, but I wouldn't have called him a top 2 player on the team. Very skilled offensively, but very ineffective on defense and rebounding. We have a freshman center, Bourama Sidibe, who we think will be better defensively than Thompson is.

UConn may have the advantage in the back court, but Syracuse may have the advantage in the front court, should be another good game in December.

I disagree on almost everything you say here. One game doesn't mean everything but it definitely means something especially when we don't have two of our three best players. In my opinion, our three best players last year (Adams, Larrier and Gilbert) are more talented than any one player on last year Cuse's team. Lydon is a nice player but overrated and drafted purely on potential of size and shooting ability. I don't think he makes it in the NBA and judging how the majority of Cuse players fail at the next level that's not a bad assessment. Battle is very talented but he's gonna have a lot of pressure to carry the offense and teams will make him the focal point on defense. You're undervaluing Thompson cause you're letting your feelings blind reality. He was no doubt one of your top two players and maybe your best player. Him not coming back is a HUGE loss for you guys. I don't see how Cuse doesn't struggle to win games in the ACC this year with such a young inexperienced team but JB's surprised in the past.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
They wear orange, they play in a football stadium, they play zone defense and their campus is closer to Canada than NYC.
The orange thing can't be stressed enough. What a horrible look. I have never bought orange clothing in my life.
They have to spend their winters in what is indistinguishable from Siberia. That's enough of a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom