Swimming in the hate | The Boneyard

Swimming in the hate

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The more hate that rains down from the media, the AAC fanbases, the moranic Boneyard trolls... the better the move gets.

If the AAC doesn’t want UConn so badly - they sure seem mad about the departure. If the programs at UCF and Houston and Memphis are just so great their fanbases can’t seem to stop fixating on the departure.

Nothing is better than the articles about who will replace UConn. Every last school is L-O-L hilarious. Maybe they can find another USF - a directional school that doesn’t even have the right direction in it’s name. Too bad Middle Tennessee isn’t in Knoxville it would make them a perfect fit with ‘South’ Florida.

At least if there are hurricanes that force UCF and USF to go full turtle and blow up the football schedule they won’t have to look like such clowns for ducking a trip to UConn. The mighty football programs at UCF and USF can’t possibly work around bad weather at home when they are on the road. What a clown Aresco is.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We know you love the move, but thanks for starting your 10th thread in the subject. I like the move for basketball, but it’s hard to know for sure if this is the best move for the school long-term. We need a good 10 years or so before we know of this was the best move for the school for the far future. In the meantime I’ll enjoy the better brand of basketball and increased attendance at the games.

Reaction Score
We know you love the move, but thanks for starting your 10th thread in the subject. I like the move for basketball, but it’s hard to know for sure if this is the best move for the school long-term. We need a good 10 years or so before we know of this was the best move for the school for the far future. In the meantime I’ll enjoy the better brand of basketball and increased attendance at the games.
When the 2nd TV contract came out, given that it was for 12 years, something had to be done. For once i agreed with Sue Herbst. Time to stop being the feather in the wind of conference realignment.

Independent football will do just fine comparative to the AAC.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
When the 2nd TV contract came out, given that it was for 12 years, something had to be done. For once i agreed with Sue Herbst. Time to stop being the feather in the wind of conference realignment.

Independent football will do just fine comparative to the AAC.

There is one thing that is certain.

More of the same monitoring the situation and doing NOTHING was going to be the death of the entire athletic department.

Reaction Score
The more hate that rains down from the media, the AAC fanbases, the moranic Boneyard trolls... the better the move gets.

If the AAC doesn’t want UConn so badly - they sure seem mad about the departure. If the programs at UCF and Houston and Memphis are just so great their fanbases can’t seem to stop fixating on the departure.

Nothing is better than the articles about who will replace UConn. Every last school is L-O-L hilarious. Maybe they can find another USF - a directional school that doesn’t even have the right direction in it’s name. Too bad Middle Tennessee isn’t in Knoxville it would make them a perfect fit with ‘South’ Florida.

At least if there are hurricanes that force UCF and USF to go full turtle and blow up the football schedule they won’t have to look like such clowns for ducking a trip to UConn. The mighty football programs at UCF and USF can’t possibly work around bad weather at home when they are on the road. What a clown Aresco is.
My favorite group is Memphis fans. They keep talking about how UConn did nothing while in the American for basketball. We did win that championship in 2014, and won the conference tournament title in 2016.

Meanwhile, Memphis hasn't sniffed the tournament since 2014.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My favorite group is Memphis fans. They keep talking about how UConn did nothing while in the American for basketball. We did win that championship in 2014, and won the conference title in 2016.

I'm gonna love watching that Memphis Penny thing blow up. That place is a cesspool.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
My favorite group is Memphis fans. They keep talking about how UConn did nothing while in the American for basketball. We did win that championship in 2014, and won the conference title in 2016.

but they have an aau team with 10 stars and one basketball. im not going to enjoy anything more than watching them implode.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Moronic..

BE132EBD-D264-4E5D-B0AD-F9F9F72E391D.png

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And then Stunning Steve will put all his faith in Ron Hunter at Tulane.

Think about the argument that if the P5 breaks away in hoops being in the AAC is an advantage. They would leave out Villanova & UConn but take Tulane because of their conference affiliation.

My God how do people say this stuff with a straight face.

Reaction Score
I do wonder if the anger stems from concerns that it blows up the contract they have with ESPN, reduces their payouts, and, and this is a big if, can the AAC potentially not recoup any buyout fees from UConn due to a contract that left UConn in far worse financial shape than when we initially joined the league?
Listening to Benedict’s interview on Sirius yesterday and his assertion that it was really worth far less than the $7M that is cited is making me think this last point is valid and that a potential breach of contract may be fueling some of the anger from the AAC. They’re also losing a national brand. Yes, one that may have struggled but based on Wichita State’s words yesterday, they joined to play UConn, not Tulane and ECU.

Reaction Score
There is one thing that is certain.

More of the same monitoring the situation and doing NOTHING was going to be the death of the entire athletic department.
I agree when the AAC TV deal was announced and our Tier 3 rights were gifted away, i had a feeling of fait accompli.

Even if this doesn't work out long term we could say we took a couple of our swings on our way out. I can live with whatever comes next.

Reaction Score
My favorite group is Memphis fans. They keep talking about how UConn did nothing while in the American for basketball. We did win that championship in 2014, and won the conference tournament title in 2016.

They sort of have a point in that, for the last 5 years, we've let down the AAC more than the conference let us down. We were supposed to be the flagship program and imploded.

That said, Memphis has hardly held up their end of the bargain. I don't think anyone envisioned the AAC basketball reputation to have to be upheld by the likes of Cincinnati and SMU. Good luck with that, guys.

Reaction Score
They sort of have a point in that, for the last 5 years, we've let down the AAC more than the conference let us down. We were supposed to be the flagship program and imploded.

That said, Memphis has hardly held up their end of the bargain. I don't think anyone envisioned the AAC basketball reputation to have to be upheld by the likes of Cincinnati and SMU. Good luck with that, guys.
We had a bad run, mainly because KO came apart at seams. But we provided the conference with its highest point as well, the 2014 men's national championship. UCFs and Houston's NY6 bowls were nice, but that title really speaks to what the league thinks it could be, and they haven't really risen to the challenge of that.

Reaction Score
Not a single AAC team has held up their end. Half the league can't draw 5K fans. The other half peak in January and consistently **** the bed in March. At least we have a tangible contribution.

Reaction Score
An ugly dude lucks in to sleeping with a wasted beautiful girl, then gets mad that she dumps him to get back to playing in her own league again (literally, in our half of the analogy).

Actually has probably happened to Aresco at least a half dozen times in his life

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Going to be a very nice change of pace for road games against creighton and butler (two teams I care very little about) but at least the stands will be max capacity with great energy. I think part of the reason UConn was so bad against the tulanes, tulsas, ECUs of the aac were that there was 0 energy in those arenas. Something we really just aren’t used to...

Reaction Score
but they have an aau team with 10 stars and one basketball. im not going to enjoy anything more than watching them implode.
I hear the argument, and yes even Cal has trouble with half as many stars; as much as he should be reviled, we have to figure he’s a better coach, or if nothing more experienced, than Penny.

I don’t think they’ll get far in the tournament but I doubt even further that they’ll “implode”. However you don’t like to see that the kids are on a first-name basis with Penny. The ESPN article reporting their grad transfer, he referred to his coach as just “Penny”, and that’s who should be your most mature player. That does have AAU written all over it lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom