OT: - SWERVE: Not another music thread but how about your 3 favorite tv shows | The Boneyard

OT: SWERVE: Not another music thread but how about your 3 favorite tv shows

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Mods: please delete if this thread is not allowed.

What are your three favorite tv shows (or streaming shows)? Mine includes series that I have watched more than once.

1. Lucifer - started on Fox, ended on Netflix
2. iZombie - never watched the original broadcast on The CW, but have since streamed it
3. Justified - watched it on FX

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
1) Bones. Loved the characters and the different plot arcs. Yes, I'm a geek.

2) Big Bang Theory. Same reasons as above.

I can't come up with a clear #3. Loved Remington Steele, Columbo, That 70's Show, the Simpsons, Married With Children, Jeopardy

Reaction Score
For me, my three favorite "New School" shows are

1). Parks and Recreation
2). Black-ish
3). Abbott Elementary

Old School
1). Starsky & Hutch
2). Sanford & Son
3). MASH

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Burn Notice
Curse of Oak Island
Ted Lasso
Only Murders in The Building
The Bear
The Old Man

I don't know if this is so much an all time list as highlights of stuff I've recently streamed and enjoyed. I watched burn notice back when it was originally on and recently binged it. It's still holds up.

Reaction Score
My wife loves K-drama and since she controls the remote, this is what I watch too. If you want to try it out here’s my faves from this genre:
1. Extraordinary Attorney Woo — features one of the biggest Korean stars, Park Eun-bin
2. Hospital Playlist — a doctor drama, and like many k-dramas both touching and uproariously funny at the same time. This is a feature of Korean taste in drama I think.
3. Love to Hate You — this show is just way too funny for anyone’s own good.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Well, sort of 3 -

PTI sports commentary on ESPN
Jeopardy
Amazing Race

I watch Survivor and a lot of cooking and home improvement shows. Restaurant Impossible stands out.

Old school - Star Trek, MASH, and oh so many more. And to think I watch virtually no shows like that any more.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
1. Poker Face
2. Big Sky’s first two seasons
3. can’t argue with Justified
I binge watched Poker Face Season 1 this weekend, I enjoyed most of the episodes. Hoping for a Season 2.

Reaction Score
This is really hard! Like some posters above, I think I need to separate mine into categories. And I can't limit it to only 3!

Present or "Contemporary" Shows
  1. Escape to the Country/Escape to the Perfect Town (sort of a British version of House Hunters)
  2. Naked & Afraid
  3. Tie between Deadliest Catch and Yellowstone
Hon. Mentions: Vikings, Poldark (remake), Downton Abbey, Supernatural, South Park, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, anything Star Trek, Frasier, Murphy Brown, Love It or List It

Old School Shows
  1. The Monkees
  2. Batman
  3. Lost in Space
Hon. Mentions: Anything Star Trek, Masterpiece Theater (Poldark [original], I Claudius, Henry VIII, Elizabeth R, Tom Brown's School Days, etc.), V, Miami Vice, Starsky & Hutch, Monty Python's Flying Circus, Dark Shadows

Of course, when it's on, UConn Basketball takes precedence over all of the above!! :p

Last edited:

Centerstream

Reaction Score
This is really hard! Like some posters above, I think I need to separate mine into categories. And I can't limit it to only 3!

Present or "Contemporary" Shows
  1. Escape to the Country/Escape to the Perfect Town (sort of a British version of House Hunters)
  2. Naked & Afraid
  3. Tie between Deadliest Catch and Yellowstone
Hon. Mentions: Vikings, Poldark (remake), Downton Abbey, Supernatural, South Park, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, anything Star Trek, Frasier, Murphy Brown, Love It or List It

Old School Shows
  1. The Monkees
  2. Batman
  3. Lost in Space
Hon. Mentions: Anything Star Trek, Masterpiece Theater (Poldark [original], I Claudius, Henry VIII, Elizabeth R, Tom Brown's School Days, etc.), V, Miami Vice, Starsky & Hutch, Monty Python's Flying Circus, Dark Shadows

Of course, when it's on, UConn Basketball takes precedence over all of the above!! :p
I was going to led off my list with UConn WBB on SNY/FoxSports app but decided not to.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
That's a great list! Thanks to streaming availability, there are several shows where I have watched every episode. These include:
Seinfeld
Breaking Bad / Better Call Saul (A lot of overlap in these two shows.)

And these great shows have not been mentioned:
Sopranos
Deadwood
Hell on Wheels ( About the building of the railroads)
The Wonder Years ( original version)

Guilty pleasure: Felicity

Reaction Score
For dramas: 1) Life (Wish there were more than 2 seasons)
2) Justified
3) The Mentalist

comedies 1) Everybody Loves Raymond
2) Scrubs
3) Cheers (for me post Diane is better)

I would have put Terriers on the first list, but it was only one season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom