Sweet Sixteen 3/24 | The Boneyard

Sweet Sixteen 3/24

Reaction Score
Predicting games tonight:
Arkansas v Gonzaga - Hoping for an up & down game as the rest of the night's matchups have one team completely committed to grinding it out. I've been unimpressed with Holmgren thus far, highly risky draft pick - no way a #1, I wouldn't pick him at all and think he should be 5th at highest. Need Zags to win to keep K out of final four. Notae needs to have a monster game for this even to be close. Zags: 81-67
Michigan v Nova - I think Nova is hitting their stride, Michigan high upside but likely to crack at some point and Nova just doesn't make mistakes. Best bet for closest game of the night: Nova: 68-65
TTech v Dook - Much as I'd love to see Tech grind the dook machine to a halt, I think Dook has shown the most impressive collection of talent so far in the tournament. Williams is really good and Banchero though not a future all-star is just an obvious pro, add Wendell Moore finishing inside whenever needed and its a pretty good formula. Coach K ego tour: 68-58
Houston v Arizona - I think Houston has the best chance to pull an upset tonight, they will muck up the game and pack the paint and it'll be super frustrating. But Arizona has too many athletes, if they make their 3's its a blowout. Sets up a great showdown of styles vs Nova. Cats: 71-62

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Predicting games tonight:
Arkansas v Gonzaga - Hoping for an up & down game as the rest of the night's matchups have one team completely committed to grinding it out. I've been unimpressed with Holmgren thus far, highly risky draft pick - no way a #1, I wouldn't pick him at all and think he should be 5th at highest. Need Zags to win to keep K out of final four. Notae needs to have a monster game for this even to be close. Zags: 81-67
Michigan v Nova - I think Nova is hitting their stride, Michigan high upside but likely to crack at some point and Nova just doesn't make mistakes. Best bet for closest game of the night: Nova: 68-65
TTech v Dook - Much as I'd love to see Tech grind the dook machine to a halt, I think Dook has shown the most impressive collection of talent so far in the tournament. Williams is really good and Banchero though not a future all-star is just an obvious pro, add Wendell Moore finishing inside whenever needed and its a pretty good formula. Coach K ego tour: 68-58
Houston v Arizona - I think Houston has the best chance to pull an upset tonight, they will muck up the game and pack the paint and it'll be super frustrating. But Arizona has too many athletes, if they make their 3's its a blowout. Sets up a great showdown of styles vs Nova. Cats: 71-62
'I've been unimpressed with Holmgren thus far, highly risky draft pick - no way a #1,'

yes way he should be the #1, if he goes.

Reaction Score
'I've been unimpressed with Holmgren thus far, highly risky draft pick - no way a #1,'

yes way he should be the #1, if he goes.
If he goes?!
What's your case for #1? I thought he was non-entity in first half vs Memphis and in 2nd their athletes outclassed him by a lot. Why is he subservient to Timme who by all accounts is not an NBA player? Then add the skinny body type that's unlikely to add muscle & you have the historic recipe for injuries reducing his career path (I see him as poor man's Porzingis, rich man's Shawn Bradley). I do like his competitiveness and mean streak. and admittedly, Saturday's game was the first full game of Holmgren's I've watched all season.

If Portland wins the lottery we'll know via precedent precisely where this is headed.

Reaction Score
Interesting that Texas Tech is favored by 1 over Duke even though Duke is the higher seed.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I may have to suspend my Patriots fan status for two days. They loaned their plan to PC to get to Chicago.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Arkansas, Nova, Duke, Houston.

Thats what I have in my 90 cent 4 ways parlay.
73AAEC32-DE75-4856-98E0-303A1E15C66E.jpeg

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
For today's games.

Arkansas has been playing small, that will be an issue with Gonzaga. Zags to win
Texas Tech
has a lot of depth, thinking they can spring an upset of Duke, but I expect it to go to the wire.
Michigan is due to run out of fortune and Villanova won't beat themselves. Nova moves on.
Houston is tempting. Arizona is better, but Houston is a very bad matchup for them. Houston pulls it out.

August_West

Reaction Score

It's heresy to say this here; but go get it! Beat the hell out of Kansas, I frickin hate that school. Im a friar fan above all right now with these 16 remaining. Nova too, but they don't need me. Enjoy this, its been a long time coming and you have been faithful for decades. You deserve at least one more win. Get that, and come back and talk to me, maybe I'll sit with you at FF. ;-)

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
It's heresy to say this here; but go get it! Beat the hell out of Kansas, I frickin hate that school. Im a friar fan above all right now with these 16 remaining. Nova too, but they don't need me. Enjoy this, its been a long time coming and you have been faithful for decades. You deserve at least one more win. Get that, and come back and talk to me, maybe I'll sit with you at FF. ;-)
If PC does win Friday, I'll root for them to win the whole thing. Doubt August wants to sit with me though given my rooting interest. Come on man, you say that even with Duke in the field? Duke v Kansas is a possible final.

August_West

Reaction Score
Why not pick Arkansas to cover the spread instead and give yourself a real shot?

$$$

I needed a big plus in a .90 cent parlay. Plus Arkansas will either win or not cover.

Reaction Score
I think Chet has the higher ceiling. Jabari will start his career off stronger IMO.
A strong gust of wind will blow Chet over right now. I just don't see how he's going to compete against the full grown men in the NBA. I see comparisons to Durant, but even Durant didn't have this build.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Nice of them to show timme committing two fouls on the same drive

And a missed charge rhe next time down,

And a foul on the lose ball.

They’re already heavily pushing gonzaga

Reaction Score
2 things on my mind right now

1) I am beyond jealous of Nova's roster construction. It's nearly perfect. 2 lead guards that can drive, back down defenders, and make 3's. 2 wingers that can slash and make 3's. And then Dixon at the 5 is decent. That's basically the modern day winning formula in college. If Jackson can elevate his offensive game next season and we get another guard from the portal, we could do something similar.

Portal guard/Floyd/Jackson (pick 2)
Hawkins/Karaban
Sanogo

That's a top 25 starting lineup. Maybe a little short, but so is Nova's roster. Samuels and Slater are both only 6'6". And imagine having 4 shooters on the floor surrounding Sanogo?? Bye bye double teams. He would FEAST

2) Watching this Gonzaga/Arkansas game is infuriating. We should be playing in this game and we would be beating Gonzaga. They are nothing like last year's monster. They don't really hit 3's (our only defensive kryptonite) and Whaley/Sanogo would have been excellent matchups for us on defense against Chet and Timme. Ugh

Reaction Score
. 2) Watching this Gonzaga/Arkansas game is infuriating. We should be playing in this game and we would be beating Gonzaga. They are nothing like last year's monster. They don't really hit 3's (our only defensive kryptonite) and Whaley/Sanogo would have been excellent matchups for us on defense against Chet and Timme. Ugh
or, ya know, Musselman is a good coach and got his guys ready and up for the challenge.

Reaction Score
Gift of a third foul on Holmgren. Brutal call. Gonzaga's guards look like they're playing with both hands around their neck.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom