Sweet 16 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Sweet 16

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So the winner of SCar and Oregon State faces off against Texas/State on one side of the Final 4 Bracket ??

Okay, but I‘m hoping you’ll have to give them away!

Guess I could share one with my neighbor's bulldog. She is quite lethargic... always napping. Lemme stop joking before one of yall calls PETA on me.

Reaction Score
Reese definitely was saying things in the direction of UCLAs bench when she was leaving after the 5th floor.
Don’t know for sure it was TO the bench nor what was said, but given track record ….
In her post game, Reese said one of the coaches was “talking crazy.” (Not Close). If you watch the video of Angel Reese shaking hands with UCLA, she said to one of the female coaches “Watch your mouth”

Reaction Score
Stanford fans - do you think Betts would have made a difference last night?
Brink and Betts would have dominated the inside. Betts would also have given the team strong coverage when Brink was in foul trouble.

Reaction Score
At one point in the 4th Q, well before she fouled out, Reese lifted her arms exhorting the LSU crowd to get louder. That's fine, but then she made the L (loser) sign on her forehead. That's poor sportsmanship.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
At one point in the 4th Q, well before she fouled out, Reese lifted her arms exhorting the LSU crowd to get louder. That's fine, but then she made the L (loser) sign on her forehead. That's poor sportsmanship.
Or L for LSU.

College Basketball Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness

Reaction Score
Elite 8 teams

SEC 2
PAC 2
ACC 1-2
B12 1
BiG 1
BgE 0–1

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In her post game, Reese said one of the coaches was “talking crazy.” (Not Close). If you watch the video of Angel Reese shaking hands with UCLA, she said to one of the female coaches “Watch your mouth”

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Clark is not going to get away with the push-offs that she got away with in the WNBA. She will be called on it a lot. She had at least 4 of them that I saw, even ESPN has one of them on replay it's "Caitlin Clark drills a three with a hand in her face".

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Clark is not going to get away with the push-offs that she got away with in the WNBA. She will be called on it a lot. She had at least 4 of them that I saw, even ESPN has one of them on replay it's "Caitlin Clark drills a three with a hand in her face".
Hmm....pretty sure Ogunbowale and others get away with it quite a bit in the WNBA. Maybe Taurasi?

Reaction Score
Hmm....pretty sure Ogunbowale and others get away with it quite a bit in the WNBA. Maybe Taurasi?
My thing is either everyone can do it or no one. Some of it is for protection and balance and then there's using it to ward off good defense. The game is fast though and trying to distinguish without reviewing just isn't realistic. Having said that...the offense in basketball (even the pros) has too many advantages. I think the starting point is answering the question of why is it a foul if the defense displaces a player, but not the opposite? The answer right now is that offense sells more tickets. But, does that make it fair?

Reaction Score
It bears repeating. When Caitlin goes for 25-29 points AND 12+ assists, you aren't winning that game. "The Others" have to be afraid to shoot and/or afraid to make mistakes or else you have NO SHOT against Iowa.

Reaction Score
Stanford fans - do you think Betts would have made a difference last night?
If Betts cut into Iriafen’s minutes it would be a net loss for Stanford. I think Iriafen’s development this year has not only been wonderful to watch, but it also highlights by comparison the limitations of Betts’s game. And I say that even though I think Betts has improved a lot this season.

Reaction Score
But wait a minute, hasn't LSU been playing up and relishing this image?
"Us against the world?" Yes! Being referred to as "Evil" and "Dirty Debutantes? That's a step too far. The writer for the article is rightfully getting ripped to shreds on social media as the story gains attention. The irony is, the LA Times article is getting more discussion now than the WAPO profile story on Mulkey.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
"Us against the world?" Yes! Being referred to as "Evil" and "Dirty Debutantes? That's a step too far. The writer for the article is rightfully getting ripped to shreds on social media as the story gains attention. The irony is, the LA Times article is getting more discussion now than the WAPO profile story on Mulkey.
I haven't read either article and probably won't. Does the old adage "any publicity is good publicity" still apply?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom