Surprise, Rutgers chokes again. | The Boneyard

Surprise, Rutgers chokes again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I didn't even watch, the Huskies were on, but it's what I expected.

Reaction Score
Went to pick up Mom at Bradley International at 9:50. Turned on WOR to listen in. Rutgers promptly gave up a fumble on their own 20 yard line. Next play is a Cardinal TD to go up 17-14 with little time left in the 3rd stanza. Switched over to the NFL game & chuckled all the way to Windsor Locks.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Went to pick up Mom at Bradley International at 9:50. Turned on WOR to listen in. Rutgers promptly gave up a fumble on their own 20 yard line. Next play is a Cardinal TD to go up 17-14 with little time left in the 3rd stanza. Switched over to the NFL game & chuckled all the way to Windsor Locks.
You realize that you are now required to tune them in at least once during every big game, especially when they are ahead?

Reaction Score
Too funny coach. The depressing part of your post is that you can tune in a Rutgers game in Greater Hartford Area, and UConn fans can barely tune in to a UConn game in Fairfield County. THAT is just an iota of the problem.

Reaction Score
No surprise here. Rutgers simply does not win championships. They just don't.

Reaction Score
It's funny, going into the game last night I had convinced myself to pull for RU to win based on all the crap we just went thru the past 72 hours. Once the game started though, and I saw RU's uni's, their fans, and 'ng Empire State Building (in the City where I pay taxes) lit up in red, I switched and was all for UL. I like Charlie Strong and Teddy Bridgewater (that kid has a gargantuan sized heart), and am pretty much indifferent about anyone involved with RU.

Now we all need to pull for GT, Wisconsin, Georgia, Stanford, and Kent State this weekend so the Golden Flashes get a BCS invite over the likes of Alabama, Nebraska, and FSU. Anarchy!!!!!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Tuned in just in time to watch them lose. Thought I was disinterested in who won, but this morning I find myself very pleased with the result.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Even with their move to the B10, we will always be connected in some way with Rutgers because of our locations (like BC) and maybe even play an OOC game every once in a while. Watching them blow ANOTHER shot at a BCS was great and we should always root against them. Once UL leaves, there will be no association with them. They really have nothing in comon with UConn and there is no need to compare schools or even root against them.

Reaction Score
images-3.jpg

Like "chopping wood" another tradition at RU, not winning the big one.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The Chicago Cubs of college football.

Reaction Score
Someone should go over to their board and give them the business like those couple of clowns did here over the realignment .

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Despite our situation, I am still able to delight in Rutgers tradition of failure.
:D

Reaction Score
Has Rutgers ever won a conference or national championship in anything? Seriously....tidlywinks, badmitton, clapping....I don't know.....anything other than talking about how successful they are while continuing not to win anything?

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
For all the delight in the Rutgers loss, don't they still get a share of the BE? Don't they still get a BE Championship trophy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
For all the delight in the Rutgers loss, don't they still get a share of the BE? Don't they still get a BE Championship trophy?

I don't understand you sometimes. It seems like nothing brings out the passion in you more than defending RU.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
J enjoys the board contrarian role. It makes for good entertainment.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I don't understand you sometimes. It seems like nothing brings out the passion in you more than defending RU.

Can you please answer my question? I didn't know asking a question is indicative of defending a school.

Reaction Score
Can you please answer my question? I didn't know asking a question is indicative of defending a school.

Yes, Rutgers is CO-Champion. That means they have won a championship...and it means every bit as much (or little) as the two co-Big East Championships UCONN won a few years ago.

Reaction Score
Yes, Rutgers is CO-Champion. That means they have won a championship...and it means every bit as much (or little) as the two co-Big East Championships UCONN won a few years ago.

Yeah, except the part about going to a BCS bowl and all.

I would think you would come here and thank us for doing on the road what you couldn't do at home.

Like the sun rising.....Rutgers chokes in a big spot.

Reaction Score

Considering it's a very real possibility that 4 of the 8 teams in the BE will get that trophy, I'd say it has about as much value as a degree in African Studies from UNC. It might actually hurt the school financially because now they'll have to go out and buy a trophy case.

Reaction Score
I have never, ever in my life rooted for Rutgers in anything. Ever. Except last night. I never will again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom