OT: - Super Bowl food | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Super Bowl food

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Frito scoops are a pro move because of the structural integrity. Big lifters.
Best scoop chip. Dipsy doodles too but harder to find now. In the 80’s breakstones made a “ Chesapeake clam dip” that I used to crush with dipsy doodles as my every day munchy deal. Sadly that dip doesn’t exist anymore , dipsy doodles still do on a less available level but every time I see them it just makes me Jones the clam dip.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Best scoop chip. Dipsy doodles too but harder to find now. In the 80’s breakstones made a “ Chesapeake clam dip” that I used to crush with dipsy doodles as my every day munchy deal. Sadly that dip doesn’t exist anymore , dipsy doodles still do on a less available level but every time I see them it just makes me Jones the clam dip.
O’Grady’s Au Gratin chips used to be my go-to chips in college and for years thereafter because they were so thick you could hold a ton of dip. They sadly disappeared decades ago though.

Reaction Score
At my sister-in-law’s Super Bowl party….skyline chili gets the thumbs down. Maybe she made a good version of it, but it’s neither chili or spaghetti with meat sauce.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
At my sister-in-law’s Super Bowl party….skyline chili gets the thumbs down. Maybe she made a good version of it, but it’s neither chili or spaghetti with meat sauce.
Omg!

I forgot about seeing that everyone is trying to make skyline chili this year in honor of bengals.

The best version is horrible!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Omg!

I forgot about seeing that everyone is trying to make skyline chili this year in honor of bengals.

The best version is horrible!
You can surround it with a pastitsio to make it palatable.

Reaction Score
LOL at the wings on the grill contingent. There is no way the skin is crisping up like it is in bubblin’ oil. Rookies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So for obvious reasons we are varying from our usual tradition of preparing food associated with the cities from which the SB teams come, and we are sticking with the old standards of wings and four-layer dip.

What are people drinking? I’ve got an assortment of fresh hard ciders from Spoke & Spy in Middletown.

Oh and some NoRa’s cupcakes for dessert/early Valentine’s.

Reaction Score
And that’s fine. Accepting good enough for whatever reason you want is ok with me. I gave you key to best. In America 2022 I don’t expect more than settling for less. No one has to take the advice. I just am trying to make wings great again. I said my piece. And will stand by it in a blind taste over any alternative method. It’s what all you people buying “ the best wings” at top 10 wing restaraunts do. They do exactly what I said. The only difference between me and them is you eat mine fresh and theirs after sitting. Go figure.
Heat lamp flavoring?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom