Sunday's game in Minnesota...Azzi? | The Boneyard

Sunday's game in Minnesota...Azzi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I have no expectations about Azzi playing tomorrow. Geno said the knee bothered her at
Tuesday's practice. I do wonder if they have had enough time to fully check it out.
Hoping for a short term outcome....but for a 100% Azzi when she returns.

Reaction Score
All we know is that it felt wrong to her after an ordinary basketball move. No obvious trauma or collision. Then it started swelling.

Infer your own conclusions.

Reaction Score
They said they aren't doing an MRI until the knee swelling goes down.

We probably won't be hearing anything new until this upcoming week.

Reaction Score
I have no expectations about Azzi playing tomorrow. Geno said the knee bothered her at
Tuesday's practice. I do wonder if they have had enough time to fully check it out.
Hoping for a short term outcome....but for a 100% Azzi when she returns.
Don't know any more than you do. But She will not play vs. Minnesota for sure. It will be interesting to see if Doctors allow her to make the trip . They want knee swelling to go down, so tests can be more accurate. All of this sounds serious to me. She has just never been right. Caroline Doty comes to mind.

Reaction Score
Geno sure was nonchalant when describing what happened so that would indicate it didn't appear to be too serious to him. Or he was just perplexed by seeing another knee injury, who knows?

Reaction Score
Yes a thumbs up and misses the next 6 weeks or so. Nobody knows at this point.

Reaction Score
I was at the CLASS L Boy's Soccer Championship (my ex-school East Lyme won 3-2) and after the game I spoke with Bob Rumbold of Channel 8 Sports and he hasn't heard anything new on Azzi but he thinks she hurt her knee vs NoCar St and hurt it again in practice last Tuesday which makes sense for her being off her usual game!

Reaction Score
I was at the CLASS L Boy's Soccer Championship (my ex-school East Lyme won 3-2) and after the game I spoke with Bob Rumbold of Channel 8 Sports and he hasn't heard anything new on Azzi but he thinks she hurt her knee vs NoCar St and hurt it again in practice last Tuesday which makes sense for her being off her usual game!
That thought crossed my mind as well.

Reaction Score
It is possible. She did log some serious minutes in that game. It is good that Azzi knew in practice that something wasn't feeling right, and she let the coaching staff and medical staff know. So many players try to push through injuries and the coaching staff let them. Just glad that our coaches listen to our players.

Reaction Score
Fudd had injury issues in high school. A history of injuries is not a good thing in respect to a long term career. Players have been known to go though a streak and then never have issues again. But they also have ended up being plagued long term as well. Time will tell. It is especially bad for athletic players like Fudd because of the extra stress the put on their joints.

Reaction Score
Azzi needs to take a lesson from Paige and use all the things Paige used to strengthen and help her body "right" itself. The exercises and nutrition and other measures Paige used can help Azzi to not be so injury prone.

It may be genetics, not much you ca do about that.

Reaction Score
Azzi needs to take a lesson from Paige and use all the things Paige used to strengthen and help her body "right" itself. The exercises and nutrition and other measures Paige used can help Azzi to not be so injury prone.

Do you have evidence that she is not doing the same things as Paige?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom