Sue and DT full USA basketball press. | The Boneyard

Sue and DT full USA basketball press.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I saw excerpts from this press conference but not the full length. It is an interesting and worth a watch.

Hope it wasn't posted before.
(DT confirms her comment about Paige was limited to WCBB)
Following Sue and DT are also Sylvia and Diamond.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Dear Dawn. Let's have at least Paige and Caitlin invited to the camp to work with the team. Frankly, let's have another 10 players from WCBB there. The experience will be invaluable for them, and you may find a player that gets to sit the end of the bench for the Olympics.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Dear Dawn. Let's have at least Paige and Caitlin invited to the camp to work with the team. Frankly, let's have another 10 players from WCBB there. The experience will be invaluable for them, and you may find a player that gets to sit the end of the bench for the Olympics.
if she invites any college player it will be Boston

Reaction Score
Always good to see the first ladies of ball but holy jeez is there ever a lot of face touching fouls going on here!

Reaction Score
Who decides who carries the US Flag for the opening ceremonies? Please let it be both Sue and Diana sharing the honor! I don't think there could be any other US athletes more deserving than those two.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
There are a number of young WNBA players that deserve being in camp before the freshmen/sophomores in college. And at the moment in the junior/senior classes I am not aware of a Stewart/Parker/Griner kind of talent that screams NT and needs to get that exposure. There are probably a few junior/seniors who deserve exposure in camps this fall and might have gotten exposure during this past year had it been a normal year without covid restrictions, but at this point time is very short and they need to be concentrating on players that are on the edge of being selected.

I am not dissing any college players, just pointing out that the young WNBA players mostly have a year or more in international league play as well as their WNBA experience - more mature, physically stronger, more experience in multiple offensive and defense systems (so they integrate more quickly in USA basketball's limited practice schedule), and have played a lot more basketball against superior players.

Reaction Score
There are a number of young WNBA players that deserve being in camp before the freshmen/sophomores in college. And at the moment in the junior/senior classes I am not aware of a Stewart/Parker/Griner kind of talent that screams NT and needs to get that exposure. There are probably a few junior/seniors who deserve exposure in camps this fall and might have gotten exposure during this past year had it been a normal year without covid restrictions, but at this point time is very short and they need to be concentrating on players that are on the edge of being selected.

I am not dissing any college players, just pointing out that the young WNBA players mostly have a year or more in international league play as well as their WNBA experience - more mature, physically stronger, more experience in multiple offensive and defense systems (so they integrate more quickly in USA basketball's limited practice schedule), and have played a lot more basketball against superior players.
For Team USA if a college player is invited it is the choice of the Committee. It would likely be a Senior, and there isn't one in that class.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom