Strong to UConn [merged thread] | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Strong to UConn [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Challenge? No baby...there ain't no looking back. I believe that it will be SC challenging UConn next year as UConn will be the number one ranked team in the country by the time the NCAA tournament rolls around. Go Huskies!!!
This sounds good, but it would even be better to be ranked number one at the end of the tournament, while hoisting the trophy.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
From all appearances, Sarah indeed was for a long time destined for Uconn.

Now I would like to be told the story behind the drama. Some will surely respond that this is none of our biz. OK. But it is a good story that deserves to be revealed. I hope we get it.

Why the long hold-out? Why the delay in making the reveal?

Could be it involves NIL, marketing factors etc. That makes sense, and there's nothing wrong with it. But why hide that if it was the motive?

There are multiple other explanations that may be more personal and perhaps more revealing. So, none of our business?

Bull. She's just a high school kid but also a public figure, and some loss of privacy comes with that (sadly) along with some benefits (such as fame and NIL).

If we don't have some explanation from her, we're left guessing. What difficulties were involved in her decision? Location? Lack of belief in her capabilities; fear that she couldn't make it at UConn? Concern that she would be overshadowed or fail there? What was the input from her parents and others? The recuiting tactics -- plus and minus -- of the various programs. Etc.

We're bound to wonder. I am, anyway, and I doubt I'm alone. That's not ideal -- getting this human interest story should be great for everyone.
She was not going to announce before she knew she had a spot, ie, after Edwards announced she was leaving. It was certainly prudent then to keep good local schools in the mix. I think it is entirely rational and leaves me with no wonder at all she did not announce sooner, more perplexing as to why not wait until after the FF was over.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
She was not going to announce before she knew she had a spot, ie, after Edwards announced she was leaving. It was certainly prudent then to keep good local schools in the mix. I think it is entirely rational and leaves me with no wonder at all she did not announce sooner, more perplexing as to why not wait until after the FF was over.
that may be true, but the rest of the story about her process remains intriguing.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I don't know how I feel about "Go to UConn" being on her wall for quite some time. I've been fatalistic about her recruitment for quite a while. I think of it as "the Boston Effect". Hopefully that will fade away!

I love how she appreciated that UConn coaches kept things real in their contact with her. Other recruits have said the same. It is a winning formula and simple: be real, tell the truth.

Reaction Score
From all appearances, Sarah indeed was for a long time destined for Uconn.

Now I would like to be told the story behind the drama. Some will surely respond that this is none of our biz. OK. But it is a good story that deserves to be revealed. I hope we get it.

Why the long hold-out? Why the delay in making the reveal?

Could be it involves NIL, marketing factors etc. That makes sense, and there's nothing wrong with it. But why hide that if it was the motive?

There are multiple other explanations that may be more personal and perhaps more revealing. So, none of our business?

Bull. She's just a high school kid but also a public figure, and some loss of privacy comes with that (sadly) along with some benefits (such as fame and NIL).

If we don't have some explanation from her, we're left guessing. What difficulties were involved in her decision? Location? Lack of belief in her capabilities; fear that she couldn't make it at UConn? Concern that she would be overshadowed or fail there? What was the input from her parents and others? The recuiting tactics -- plus and minus -- of the various programs. Etc.

We're bound to wonder. I am, anyway, and I doubt I'm alone. That's not ideal -- getting this human interest story should be great for everyone.

Who honestly cares?! On a day we should be absolutely celebrating the heck out of this announcement we have people wondering the backstory of why she waited til Spring????

She's a UCONN HUSKY....let's goooooo!!

Reaction Score
1) Glad to see that someone else picked up on this.
2) ESPN probably offered her the tournament platform to do the reveal like they do during the early signing period for FB and BB for others and she wanted to have a little fun with it and her teammates.

Reaction Score
UConn is in great shape for the next four years with this recruiting class.............barring injuries of course.....
Agreed we’re in great shape but we can’t use the “ I “ word anymore.

Reaction Score
Hey ESPN, it’s been about 2 hours since Sarah commuted to UConn and you still haven’t updated hoopgurlz to identify this. Get with the program.
You made me look. Still not posted

Reaction Score
Welcome Sarah, now all us loyal Husky followers can spend the summer hypothesizing about our new lineup (assuming all are healthy). Jana and Amari at the 5 (C) is easy, Paige back to the 2 (SG )is also easy. KK at the 1 (PG) competing with Morgan and ? Sarah at the 4 (PF) competing with ? and finally Azzi at the 3 (SF) competing with ?. Please help me out here and fill in the ? with names and order of preference. And now should I assume the roster to be complete with all scholarships filled? Does that leave out Emely?
Uhhh seems like you don’t watch this team that much…Amari at the 5 isn’t happening much next season. It’ll probably be Jana (starting) and Ice at the 5 with Ayanna spelling minutes there and at the 4. Sarah (starting) and Aubrey along with Ayanna at the 4. Caroline (starting if healthy), Morgan, and Q at the 3. Azzi (starting if healthy), Allie, and Ashlyn at the 2. Paige (starting) and KK at the 1. Amari and Innes won’t be getting much playing time next season…

So assuming good health…
Paige
Azzi
Caroline
Sarah
Jana

Reaction Score
I think by now Geno has learned the hard way that some freshmen can deliver the goods if given the opportunity..........watching Dawn substitute player after player without a noticeable drop in performance is what I'd like to see at UConn next season.......no reason they can't go ten deep or more during most games.....
100 x yes! Keeps players happy, they all develop more, results in less fatigue, encourages future recruits to consider UConn because they won't be stuck on the bench

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Is there another team -- on paper -- that's even close to the Huskies next year?
South Carolina's roster is loaded and all but one are coming back AND they have a great recruiting class coming in. The real question is can anyone be close to them next year.

Reaction Score
Well, Alright!!!!
As I watched, I was ecstatic to see a Husky head on a jersey when she opened that jacket. Sometimes dreams do come true. Welcome to Husky Nation Sarah Strong!
This is great news. It has been a while since UCONN attracted a commit for the top HS player. And that makes the class of 24 spectacular

packwrap

The real 'shlynn Shadey
Reaction Score
After reading the article on Sarah, I am overjoyed with her commitment.

And no, she is not a post player. She is a power forward. We have our center, Jana.

Now can you imagine a front line of Jana, Sarah and Ice. But I'll let Geno make that decision.

Barring injury, we are loaded for next year.
The way Geno operates, the 4 and 5 are both post players, while 1-3 are guards( or all point guards in '24), or call it 2guards and a wing.

I think like he did recently for Aaliyah, ONO and Dorka, he'll teach Strong both 4 and 5 spots. She can be a great passer too from high post, and Geno has versions of the offense that get both 4 and 5 outside to shoot 3 pointers.

Strong will also have to beat out our current power forward, Bueckers.

I really hope we stay healthy. Depth with bigs and even depth at wing - Griffin, Samuels, Patterson, Ducharme and of course even Paige and Azzi can play there if needed.

Will be interesting to see how Geno organizes this, after years of having to play people out of position, there now may even be depth at people's natural spots.

Reaction Score
Awesome news for the Huskies and the fans! Welcome Sarah! Nice to get a present on a Saturday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom