Strong to UConn [merged thread] | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Strong to UConn [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Per this article, Sarah knew she was going to UConn since 10th grade, when Geno, Morgan Valley, and Jemele Elliot came to a tiny gym and told her what she needs to get better at. She says that other schools would tell her how good she is, but they kept it honest with her. From Spain to Storrs: Top recruit Sarah Stronfr's personal path to UConn
From all appearances, Sarah indeed was for a long time destined for Uconn.

Now I would like to be told the story behind the drama. Some will surely respond that this is none of our biz. OK. But it is a good story that deserves to be revealed. I hope we get it.

Why the long hold-out? Why the delay in making the reveal?

Could be it involves NIL, marketing factors etc. That makes sense, and there's nothing wrong with it. But why hide that if it was the motive?

There are multiple other explanations that may be more personal and perhaps more revealing. So, none of our business?

Bull. She's just a high school kid but also a public figure, and some loss of privacy comes with that (sadly) along with some benefits (such as fame and NIL).

If we don't have some explanation from her, we're left guessing. What difficulties were involved in her decision? Location? Lack of belief in her capabilities; fear that she couldn't make it at UConn? Concern that she would be overshadowed or fail there? What was the input from her parents and others? The recuiting tactics -- plus and minus -- of the various programs. Etc.

We're bound to wonder. I am, anyway, and I doubt I'm alone. That's not ideal -- getting this human interest story should be great for everyone.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Is there a video link to Sarah's announcement? If so....could someone repeat it...or tell me its
location. Thank YOU!

"tis a wonderful Saturday...be sure to root on the Husky men tonight....on 3 channels...TBS/TNT/TrueTV.
The story is on the ESPN app and sharing the video has been difficult to accomplish:
UConn gets commitment from top-ranked recruit Sarah Strong

Reaction Score
IMG_0718.jpeg

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
Sara Strong has committed to Univercity of Connecticut!!!!!! It is on youtube,her announcement

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The game drove this announcement right out of my head. This is certainly salve for the wound. The lead up had made me feel that this announcement was going to be a styling affair. I was so pleased that it wasn't. In the days when it is the heathens who swarm I was pleased that she thanked God and proceeded to be so humble and down to earth. Prompted about the position she wants to play, she said essentially wherever as long as Geno is coaching me. Impressive.

Reaction Score
Did anyone mention who her mother is? She's Allison Feaster from Harvard, WNBA and a Boston Celtics VP of Team Operations & Organizational Growth and her Harvard team a #16 seed beat a #1 seed Stanford too

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Now I would like to be told the story behind the drama. Some will surely respond that this is none of our biz. OK. But it is a good story that deserves to be revealed. I hope we get it.

Could be it involves NIL, marketing factors etc. That makes sense, and there's nothing wrong with it. But why hide that if it was the motive?

There are multiple other explanations that may be more personal and perhaps more revealing. So, none of our business?

Bull. She's just a high school kid but also a public figure, and some loss of privacy comes with that (sadly) along with some benefits (such as fame and NIL).

If we don't have some explanation from her, we're left guessing. What difficulties were involved in her decision? Location? Lack of belief in her capabilities; fear that she couldn't make it at UConn? Concern that she would be overshadowed or fail there? What was the input from her parents and others? The recuiting tactics -- plus and minus -- of the various programs. Etc.

We're bound to wonder. I am, anyway, and I doubt I'm alone. That's not ideal -- getting this human interest story should be great for everyone.
Give her a call. I'm sure she'll fill you in. ;)

Reaction Score
A deep team- I hope UConn will start playing more than just 6-7 players a game, and give some real time to the nonstarters not just at end of game. Let everyone develop and contribute!
I think by now Geno has learned the hard way that some freshmen can deliver the goods if given the opportunity..........watching Dawn substitute player after player without a noticeable drop in performance is what I'd like to see at UConn next season.......no reason they can't go ten deep or more during most games.....

Reaction Score
I think by now Geno has learned the hard way that some freshmen can deliver the goods if given the opportunity..........watching Dawn substitute player after player without a noticeable drop in performance is what I'd like to see at UConn next season.......no reason they can't go ten deep or more during most games.....
The key words to your post are without a noticeable drop in performance

Reaction Score
The game drove this announcement right out of my head. This is certainly salve for the wound. The lead up had made me feel that this announcement was going to be a styling affair. I was so pleased that it wasn't. In the days when it is the heathens who swarm I was pleased that she thanked God and proceeded to be so humble and down to earth. Prompted about the position she wants to play, she said essentially wherever as long as Geno is coaching me. Impressive.
After watching her announcement I'm not sure Strong's teammates even knew which school she had selected......

Reaction Score

Awesome news!
Living on the West Coast, I sometimes forget that we’re three hours behind the East Coast, and therefore will miss live news! Anyway, I want to welcome Ms Sarah Strong to the UConn Family, here, abroad, and also on the BY. Go Huskies! Go UConn!

Reaction Score
Welcome Sarah, now all us loyal Husky followers can spend the summer hypothesizing about our new lineup (assuming all are healthy). Jana and Amari at the 5 (C) is easy, Paige back to the 2 (SG )is also easy. KK at the 1 (PG) competing with Morgan and ? Sarah at the 4 (PF) competing with ? and finally Azzi at the 3 (SF) competing with ?. Please help me out here and fill in the ? with names and order of preference. And now should I assume the roster to be complete with all scholarships filled? Does that leave out Emely?

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Give her a call. I'm sure she'll fill you in. ;)
was hoping espn, print reporters would do that!

if i had access i would, but then only I would have this great story.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Remember, when you talk about coaching prowess, it's not just running practice, installing offensive and defensive schemes, managing personnel and motivating players. It starts with recruiting, and UConn has a coach who's pretty good at that, too. Geno deserves some plaudits, as well.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Welcome Sarah, now all us loyal Husky followers can spend the summer hypothesizing about our new lineup (assuming all are healthy). Jana and Amari at the 5 (C) is easy, Paige back to the 2 (SG )is also easy. KK at the 1 (PG) competing with Morgan and ? Sarah at the 4 (PF) competing with ? and finally Azzi at the 3 (SF) competing with ?. Please help me out here and fill in the ? with names and order of preference. And now should I assume the roster to be complete with all scholarships filled? Does that leave out Emely?
you're sleeping on yanna (and also aubrey). in recent photos, it looks like yanna's taller now. really.

Reaction Score

In the article she said that as the other schools came she didn’t think she would take so many visits but wanted to enjoy herself. Also she said that she’s not opposed to Instagram however she told her self that her first post will be her commitment and she kept that promise to herself. It adds up with the statement that Geno said last year that he had 2 top 5 players coming in. They’ve been recruiting her for YEARS! Way before she was number one. In her Instagram post the little girl in her says that she’s always wanted to go to UConn and in the article it says that she had a mood board that said Go too UConn on it when she was younger. Everyone is different and it’s okay for someone to take their time, especially when you’re just a teenager. We don’t need to know the behind the scenes. She’s a husky and willing to help any way she can as she said in this video https://x.com/kidravi/status/1776657382069903623?s=46

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom