Strong to UConn [merged thread] | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Strong to UConn [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is huge. I think Geno knew this all along kudos to him for keeping it close to the chest. This makes what was to be an incredible team even more incredible!!! Right about now Tonyc is about to tee off in a golf tournament and he hears the news, and his tee shot goes awry and ends up in the water...lol :) I am somewhat giddy myself.
IIRC regarding recruiting a while ago for this cycle. "Just wait and see who we have coming..."

Reaction Score
She is wearing a #21 UConn jersey so does that mean Ines has to give up her number?
I was wondering the same thing... Surely, seniority comes into play with jersey assignments....

Reaction Score
So how long will it take Hoopgurlz to update their site....

Reaction Score
This news that Sarah chose Uconn was fantastic, I read an article that Sarah had planned to go to Uconn since 10th grade, Finally decided to come when she realized she could help Uconn. Bless you Sarah for your decision. You will really love it here as the fans will love you being here Can't wait to see you play in person. GO SARAH!!!! GO ALL FRESHMEN!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
This means Ice will need to be much better next season; or else.
Either the bigs can rotate and be fresh or we shouldn't count our chickens before they hatch (because there were fewer than we thought these last couple of years).

Reaction Score
Anybody got some video.... on her ......screen......game..???

Ella, dicen que habla espanyol, o mejor dicho, el "Castelllano," muy bien, si no fluentemente, porque Mama, Allison Feaster, jugo', me parece, anyos en mi querida Espanya--- laTierra de don Quijote y Sancho Panza....! Maybe Senora Diana Taurasi gave her a call, or a few, over time, to chat en Castellano, o Argentino...! Arriba !!!

Reaction Score
We need a rugged big with some experience under their belt. I hope we get a portal kid who can really rebound and defend. Nothing against these kids coming off injury, but a grown woman would help.

Reaction Score
The timing made what seemed apparent all along a surprise. I don't like the timing, but I am going to guess that Geno approved and I will credit him with knowing all the proper forms of etiquette.

I am happy for her. She is such a perfect fit and this will maximize her skills.

Reaction Score
For me, Megan was over rated and never really learned how to pass and create within a motion offense. The ball always got stuck with her. She also was forced to play the 4 when she was really a 3 and didn't have the versatility to stretch positions.

Chrystin never fully learned how to constantly move without the ball in a motion offense. It's sad because she can do so much but standing on the wing kills a motion offense.

KLS, Paige, and Azzi battle(d) injuries. KLS did win a NC as a freshman but if I remember correctly that foot kept her out of the championship game and then continued to be an issue through the years.

And yet, they made to final 4 after final 4. It’s gotta say something. Cuz most players don’t make it that far

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
After reading the article on Sarah, I am overjoyed with her commitment.

And no, she is not a post player. She is a power forward. We have our center, Jana.

Now can you imagine a front line of Jana, Sarah and Ice. But I'll let Geno make that decision.

Barring injury, we are loaded for next year.

Reaction Score
And yet, they made to final 4 after final 4. It’s gotta say something. Cuz most players don’t make it that far
well that is Geno and the rest of the coaching staff. They are able to mask their weaknesses and exploit an opponent's like no other. This year with more players in sweats than a uniform is a testament to that. How many times did the Phoenix emerge from the injury flames this year with a whole new strategy.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Is there a video link to Sarah's announcement? If so....could someone repeat it...or tell me its
location. Thank YOU!

"tis a wonderful Saturday...be sure to root on the Husky men tonight....on 3 channels...TBS/TNT/TrueTV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom