Streaks and streaky | The Boneyard

Streaks and streaky

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
On streaks, we now have won 25 in a row, which is only the 6th longest streak in team history. Obviously, 90 is the big number sitting out there. How many teams have EVER had even one streak of 25?

On streaky, the Washington Post blurb in the game started with Bria admitting that she's been a streaky player and noting that she was "on" yesterday. I expect more positive results, as she has consciously added more arc to her outside shot.

Also on streaky, KML seems to be in a bit of a slump. Does anyone remember Maya being in a slump that lasted more than about 10 minutes?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Also on streaky, KML seems to be in a bit of a slump. Does anyone remember Maya being in a slump that lasted more than about 10 minutes?

Well does anyone remember Maya having an injury that kept her out for weeks?

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
On streaks, we now have won 25 in a row, which is only the 6th longest streak in team history. Obviously, 90 is the big number sitting out there. How many teams have EVER had even one streak of 25?

On streaky, the Washington Post blurb in the game started with Bria admitting that she's been a streaky player and noting that she was "on" yesterday. I expect more positive results, as she has consciously added more arc to her outside shot.

To be accurate, Bria admitted she is a streaky shooter.

"Bria Hartley acknowledged she is a streaky shooter. She had one of her good days against Rutgers." (Doug Feinberg)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Well does anyone remember Maya having an injury that kept her out for weeks?
The Invincible Queen never missed a game, despite being mugged by a Rutgers player and running into Tiff at full speed, a collision that concussed poor Tiffany.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
The Invincible Queen never missed a game, despite being mugged by a Rutgers player and running into Tiff at full speed, a collision that concussed poor Tiffany.
my point exactly. Maya never had to experience a sudden break in either her game techniques and timing and/or her conditioning. Up to this point, KML never experienced it either. No surprise tt me she needs some time to work her way back to form.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
my point exactly. Maya never had to experience a sudden break in either her game techniques and timing and/or her conditioning. Up to this point, KML never experienced it either. No surprise tt me she needs some time to work her way back to form.
Not entirely, but remember the drag-d0wn-on-a-breakaway Prince foul on Maya in the second Rutgers game at the XL in March 2008 in Maya's freshman year. She did not seem to be quite the same afterward in the following weeks, and in fact she averaged less than 12 points in the following BEast tourney games. She still had some big games scoring in the 20s in three games in the NCAA tourney, but also scoring just 7 in the NCAA game against Rutgers. Certainly it was not at the level as it has been with KML coming back, and Maya missed no games, but she just seemed to be understandably playing a little more gingerly with what I believe was called a lower back bruise.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Not entirely, but remember the drag-d0wn-on-a-breakaway Prince foul on Maya in the second Rutgers game at the XL in March 2008 in Maya's freshman year. She did not seem to be quite the same afterward in the following weeks, and in fact she averaged less than 12 points in the following BEast tourney games. She still had some big games scoring in the 20s in three games in the NCAA tourney, but also scoring just 7 in the NCAA game against Rutgers. Certainly it was not at the level as it has been with KML coming back, and Maya missed no games, but she just seemed to be understandably playing a little more gingerly with what I believe was called a lower back bruise.
My theory is that tackle cost us the national championship that year. Despite hot shooting from Stanford and Mel and Kalana being missing, I think a healthy Maya gets us the win plus one over Tenn two nights later.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kaleena's injury definitely seems to be a factor. But she had a slump her frosh year that was not injury related.

My point about Maya was her remarkable consistency and durability.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
?

Duke's longest streak was 30 games in the 2006-7 season. Unfortunately I saw them play twice in person that season. The first loss to NC State in the ACC Semis... and their second loss to Rutgers in the Sweet 16. :(

Off hand.... that might just be the longest streak in ACC history.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Okay, this one might be tough to figure out. Tennessee has lost four out their last eight games. So, when was the last time UConn lost four games out of eight? I don't know, but it's got to be a long, long time ago.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Duke's longest streak was 30 games in the 2006-7 season. Unfortunately I saw them play twice in person that season. The first loss to NC State in the ACC Semis... and their second loss to Rutgers in the Sweet 16. :(

Duke was very good. Was that the Lindsey Harding missed free throw loss?

We've done 30 in a row a number of times. We've also done double that. And triple that.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Okay, this one might be tough to figure out. Tennessee has lost four out their last eight games. So, when was the last time UConn lost four games out of eight? I don't know, but it's got to be a long, long time ago.
We haven't lost 2 in a row in nearly 21 years. Of all the amazing stats, this one might stand out.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Did they ask you to stay away after that? :)

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
We haven't lost 2 in a row in nearly 21 years. Of all the amazing stats, this one might stand out.
The answers usually go back to the same point. Huskies ended off an 18-11 year in 1992-93 by losing 5 of their last 7 games. Things have been pretty peachy since then.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The answers usually go back to the same point. Huskies ended off an 18-11 year in 1992-93 by losing 5 of their last 7 games. Things have been pretty peachy since then.
The master of understatement. :)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You can never get enough Peaches. (or Presidents, or Ninjas)

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
You can never get enough Peaches. (or Presidents, or Ninjas)

So that's how things got so peachy for UConn. They ate a lot of peaches. Storrs is pretty much out in the country.

The Huskies have also had some Georgia peaches come their way, which is kind of peachy since some of them were pretty good at working with the old peach baskets.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Duke was very good. Was that the Lindsey Harding missed free throw loss?
at.

:( Yes..... probably the sickest I've ever felt at a sporting event

Did they ask you to stay away after that? :)

:rolleyes: Actually, that was the third straight in person defeat i witnessed.... (2006 ACC semi to MD was the other) After losing to the tarheels in the ACC Finals the next season.... I'd gone over 5 years without seeing my beloved team lose again in person......that streak ended Dec 17, 2013 :oops: Im hoping this aint the start of another losing streak

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
:( Yes..... probably the sickest I've ever felt at a sporting event

:rolleyes: Actually, that was the third straight in person defeat i witnessed.... (2006 ACC semi to MD was the other) After losing to the tarheels in the ACC Finals the next season.... I'd gone over 5 years without seeing my beloved team lose again in person.that streak ended Dec 17, 2013 :oops: Im hoping this aint the start of another losing streak
So you are the one they banned from attending games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom