Storm BS..SB is the GOAT!!! | The Boneyard

Storm BS..SB is the GOAT!!!

Reaction Score
Storm celebrates WNBA championship with a raucous parade and rally at KeyArena

“I’ve been waiting all night to speak,” said Stewart when asked about Bird’s impact. “Sue Bird is a G.O.A.T. first of all. She does everything for me on and off the court. What you guys have seen and what you guys have not seen. I wanted to win a championship with her. And we did that and I hope we will do it again.”

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
So it's a bit more than two decades ago and I'm sitting in a restaurant having dinner with Herschel Bird. It would be an exaggeration to label "Doc," as everyone called him, a friend but he was more than an associate, one of those 'tweener guys, if you know what I mean. Doc tells me his daughter is going to play basketball at UConn and, in a life filled with impertinent questions--many in my role as a sports journalist but others simply because I have limited social skills--I ask Doc, "Is she any good?"

The rest is her story.

Doc passed away a few years back but I know he was proud of what a great basketball player and even better person Sue became.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So it's a bit more than two decades ago and I'm sitting in a restaurant having dinner with Herschel Bird. It would be an exaggeration to label "Doc," as everyone called him, a friend but he was more than an associate, one of those 'tweener guys, if you know what I mean. Doc tells me his daughter is going to play basketball at UConn and, in a life filled with impertinent questions--many in my role as a sports journalist but others simply because I have limited social skills--I ask Doc, "Is she any good?"

The rest is her story.

Doc passed away a few years back but I know he was proud of what a great basketball player and even better person Sue became.
Nice story. So Sue lost both her father and step-father in recent years? That's tough.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Funny quote.

Jewell Loyd, a former Notre Dame standout who lost to Stewart and Connecticut in the 2015 NCAA championship game, drew a big laugh from the KeyAena crowd when she said: “It’s way better playing with the UConn Huskies than playing against them, I’ll tell you that.” :D:D:D

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Funny quote.

Jewell Loyd, a former Notre Dame standout who lost to Stewart and Connecticut in the 2015 NCAA championship game, drew a big laugh from the KeyAena crowd when she said: “It’s way better playing with the UConn Huskies than playing against them, I’ll tell you that.” :D:D:D
Recruiting material!!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, the worm has turned a bit. :(
It goes in cycles. All ND got so far are Peoples and Brunelle. We looked at both and may have wanted Peoples. We ultimately decided against Sam.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom