Stop the slow ball standing around Crap | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stop the slow ball standing around Crap

Reaction Score
There was a period of games last year that we/AJax was brutal against the press. This gave me flashbacks to that. It was uncomfortable to watch our strategy with the pressure tonight.

However, I am glad that Marquette showed us the weakness tonight. I can't imagine Hurley not putting time in to address it.
Agree a 100%. We'll said.

Reaction Score
"Stop the slow ball standing around crap"

Definitely more risky doing this on the road than at home. I mean, there are certain calls you expect to get playing at home, but will likely not get on the road. It is never a "one strategy fits all". A game on the road vs a game at home, matters. The same strategy will often give different results. IMO.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I love Cam, his energy, his shot making. Just give it rest!
Who's trying to control whom?
Who's more judgmental?
Who's making more spelling errors?
Who's keeping score?

Probably made some bettors squirm.

Does anybody here think that anything bothersome wasn't noticed and won't get attention in upcoming days?

Reaction Score
I think it was bogus! When has trash talking to the croud ever been a foul? With that said, the game turned and they limped to a win. If it were a closer game wr might not have been so fortunate. Before that T they played with don't back down fure, answering every Marquette run. I love Cam and this team. They do so many things the right way. Just don't want to see them lose in either of the upcoming win or go home tournaments due to some momentum breaking foolishness.

I'm all for emotion. Just show it differently where the mo keeps going. Is that so wrong to ask for? Even Hurley didn't like it.
They really glossed over the whole situation with the T. It had to have been Brian F.ing OConnor, same jerk that reversed the ball out of bounds.

Reaction Score

LaVar Ball said 'You Can't Win A Championship With 3 White Guys, They're Too Slow

Reaction Score
I hope they don't slow it down and stand around ever again. Keep running the motion to eat up clock and continue to tire their opponent. They played right into trap after trap! Just stupid strategy and play. Good thing we were up by enough.

And stop the stupid trash talking shenanigans. They scored just 2 points sans those 2 FTs by Castle after Spencer's T.

With that said and out of my system, we finally beat a ranked team on the road and beat a tough conference rival. One more to go, then take care of business at MSG in the BET.
We scored 4. Karaban had layup too in the crowd. it was 70-56 before the technical. We scored 4 points and not 2 but your point about Newton just taking the air ball is taken. That isn't a way to run an offense with them trapping you so hard.

Reaction Score
I hope they don't slow it down and stand around ever again. Keep running the motion to eat up clock and continue to tire their opponent. They played right into trap after trap! Just stupid strategy and play. Good thing we were up by enough.

And stop the stupid trash talking shenanigans. They scored just 2 points sans those 2 FTs by Castle after Spencer's T.

With that said and out of my system, we finally beat a ranked team on the road and beat a tough conference rival. One more to go, then take care of business at MSG in the BET.
I agree with the problem of the prevent offense. It starts too early and is antithetical to our offense. We don't do bully ball and don't do it well. That's what the prevent offense encourages. Also we take up a large majority of the shot clock with our offense anyway so the prevent offense seems a bit redundant.

We have seen this in a few games and while I don't see it pushing us to a loss I am confused at why we do it before 2 minutes to go.

Reaction Score
We weren’t losing the game. They were behind in fouls and the refs let a lot of hacking against Newt go uncalled. I understand what Hurley was doing, the refs did not.

Reaction Score
I'll probably risk the ire of the 'yard here, but I have no problem with our execution down the stretch as a whole. Tristen had some questionable antics yesterday, but those calling to "never play stall ball" or whatever else are, IMO, missing the point.

It's not supposed to look pretty.

I don't know any of the advanced stats, but I don't recall losing a close one because of stall ball in the last few years. You play ugly and get the win. That's what the 90-second drill is all about.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You can’t tell Cam to stop being himself and to not once in a while scream at the crowd after a made shot.

You don’t want that? OK, you don’t get all the killer and clutch plays he’s made for us this season either. Your choice.
False choice. He should be able to sense when enough is enough.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I hope Coach Hurley, Cam Spencer, and the rest of the team do not change a thing. Whatever they are doing seems to be working just fine.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
False choice. He should be able to sense when enough is enough.
Meh. I enjoyed when he waved to the student section after the game ended.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think it was bogus! When has trash talking to the croud ever been a foul? With that said, the game turned and they limped to a win. If it were a closer game wr might not have been so fortunate. Before that T they played with don't back down fure, answering every Marquette run. I love Cam and this team. They do so many things the right way. Just don't want to see them lose in either of the upcoming win or go home tournaments due to some momentum breaking foolishness.

I'm all for emotion. Just show it differently where the mo keeps going. Is that so wrong to ask for? Even Hurley didn't like it.
I’m more in the camp Hurley thought the T was bogus. Watch Kimani talking and laughing with Cam after the huddle breaks up and then Hurley saying something to Cam just before the timeout ends.

We have more BE games ahead, the camera was in the huddle and Hurley is aware certain refs hold grudges.

You needed to express yourself. You could have easily kept your thoughts to yourself. Nothing wrong with being passionate.

Cam and Dan are intensely passionate. Stephon and Alex are stoic. Tristen and Donovan are easy going. Do they judge each other with contempt because of those differences? I doubt it. Can’t imagine any player who wants to go through a wall for Hurley being uncomfortable with a Hurley 2.0 on the floor playing along side them.

The thing I was most concerned about going into this season was who was going to replace AJ as the floor leader. Cam has filled that vacancy. He inspires his teammates. They derive energy from his passion and antics. It’s probably more valuable to this year’s success than his skill sets.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom